PDA

View Full Version : Codex: Mega City 1 Judges

Grand_Marshal_Kazan
21-10-2005, 20:44
I'm trying to work out how the Judges of Mega City One would work out as a 40K codex. This thread will be where I will post my ideas here and look here for suggestions.

The first part here I have is...

WS BS S T W I A LD Sv
Judge 3 4 3 3 (4) 1 4 1 8 4+
Senior Judge 4 4 3 3 (4) 1 4 2 9 4+

Also...

WS BS S T W I A LD Sv
Judge Dredd 5 5 3 3 (4) 3 4 3 10 4+ (5+ Inv)

Hideous Loon
21-10-2005, 21:49
Sounds good to me, it does. Come to think of it, they sorta look (statwise) like Stormtroopers. What guns do the Street Judges wield, and how would one represent them?

GamesmasterZ
21-10-2005, 22:19
The Lawgiver should be a Master Crafted Bolt pistol.

Capable of firing different stlye rounds.

Puffin Magician
21-10-2005, 22:49
Only a pistol? Maybe acted like one but it doesn't seem like it in the 40k sense. It shouldn't count as one only because of how the rules work. Street Judges are basically Riot Police, so a sub-machine gun like an Mp5 would be more appropriate for them. Bolters it is, IMO.

...they sorta look like Stormtroopers.
Not surprising, as the Adeptus Arbites are basically Judges, and their stats are nearly identical to Storm Troopers [Ld7]... :p

What types of ammunition were there? I've only seen the film, not read the comics, so I'm totally unaware as to whether or not there's some niftier rounds mentioned there.

IIRC the movie had Armour Piercing, Grenade, Rapid Fire, Double Whammy, and the standard round. So, one-use only, but all types are carried? Come to think of it, they could use the Bolter ammunition types available to Deathwatch Marines...

Armour-Piercing [Kraken Bolts]: Bolter becomes 30" ap4 Rapid Fire.
Rapid Fire: [Metal Storm Ammo, since Bolters already Rapid Fire]: Bolter becomes an 18" Assault2 Lasgun.
Double Whammy [M.40 Targetter]: Bolter becomes 24" Heavy2 and causes pinning.

The Grenade type isn't represented by DW ammo, so it could fire, well, a Grenade: 12" s3 ap5 Assault 1 Blast?

Basically they would be Space Marine Scouts with the Deathwatch ammo options. Don't forget the option to mount them on Jetbikes [that crash on a 5+ rolled each turn]! :p

TWB
22-10-2005, 10:18
Last edited by Grand_Marshal_Kazan : 21-10-2005 at 20:46. Reason: Trying to align stats with ws, bs, etc (with no luck).

Try putting them in list form, it's much easier to read.

WS 5
BS 5
S 4
T 3(4)
W 1
I 3
A 4
Ld 10
Sv 4

What are you going to do for Psi-Judges?

Puffin, your reply reads like you are basing your ideas entirely on the very mediocre Stallone film . . . .

Puffin Magician
22-10-2005, 10:56
I've only seen the film, not read the comics
:p

Any online material I can be enlightened by?

Grand_Marshal_Kazan
22-10-2005, 12:51
Try putting them in list form, it's much easier to read.

WS 5
BS 5
S 4
T 3(4)
W 1
I 3
A 4
Ld 10
Sv 4

What are you going to do for Psi-Judges?

Puffin, your reply reads like you are basing your ideas entirely on the very mediocre Stallone film . . . .

Thanks for the idea for solving the stats prob.

First of all, Psi Judges should either have 'Veil of Time' from C:SM as standard to indicate the pre-cog skills many of them have, or the Sanctioned Psycher skills from C:IG. Perhaps having the option to buy a save for psychic attacks (5+?). Option to turn them into exorcist Judges to deal with the likes of daemons.

Future types of Judges I want to include are

Psi Judges, Tech Judges, Med Judges, Rookies, the robot Judges from the 'Mechanismo' story.

I also want to work out stats for the Lawgiver (I like the idea of having them like bolt pistols with the special rounds each being able to be uses once per game), Lawmaster bike, the jetbike (which name eludes me at the mo), H-Wagon, Stub-gun (Stats like the plasma gun but hits anything in a straight line to the maximum range).

There will be a few more coming soon.