PDA

View Full Version : 5th edition confirmations

vipernyc
29-05-2008, 21:10
So, my FLGS has a display copy out, and I got to spend some time flipping through the new book. First off, its gorgeous - seems a little thicker than the current book, tons of new art and pics of minis.

It's the closest I've ever come to shoplifting :evilgrin:

Apologies if all of this stuff has already been confirmed, but since I had the book in hand, I thought I would just share what I remember from flipping through it. Just random bits, though, because unfortunately, I don't have a photographic memory.

- Assaults work like this:

Declare charge, move units into b2b
Opponent moves the unengaged models into b2b
fight
determine winner
loser checks morale

sweeping advances are still in - theres no automatic wounds for winning the combat (unless I was reading it wrong, but I;m pretty sure on this) - it just works like it does now - you roll off initiative, if the attacker wins, the fleeing unit is cut down, otherwise they just fall back. If the combat is a tie, it just continues to the next round.

- Consolidation is now a straight d6, and indeed, you cannot consolidate into another unit- you have to stop at 1" of an enemy model

- Shooting for BS 6 or higher works like this - you need a 2+ to hit, but you get to reroll any 1s. The second roll has a higher difficulty, though, so for BS 6, to hit on the reroll you need to roll a 6. The table looks like:

2/6, 2/5, etc.

- New USR - Relentless - units with relentless, like bikes, termies, can move and fire weapons as though they were stationary

- Skimmers moving fast - 4+ cover save if you move over 12" (i think)

- shooting allocates wounds before allocating saves - majority toughtness/armor for mixed units is still in

- turbo boosting now confers a 3+ invulnerable save; if they turbo boost, though, they lose the ability to go flat (self-pin)

- vehicle damage is indeed one table, as posted elsewhere.

-there's a whole section on terrain and fighting in ruins, and cover

- page about army building, where the deffkoptas pic comes from states something like: "a good start are the miniatures from the battle of black readh starter set -2 mobz of 10 boyz, a warboss and 3 deffkoptas - this adds up to about 350 points and is a solid core for your army"

then goes on down the page about adding stuff like kanz and bikes. So, that's the orky contents of the box confirmed. The warboss is on a 40mm base, and you can see the difference better when he's next to the boyz mobs. The klaw still looks weedy, though. :p

- at the back are summary pages for all the races, similar to the ones in the back of the codexes, listing the weapons can't remember if it had full statlines too, but I think so.

Sorry, that's about all I can remember... if anything else pops into my head, I'll add it here.

thewizard99
29-05-2008, 21:14
theres something about laydown, so when holding objectives, they cant be shot at or have a 3+ save, theres also things about building being able to be destroyed and hitting models inside too

Drek
29-05-2008, 21:27
- New USR - Relentless - units with relentless, like bikes, termies, can move and fire weapons as though they were stationary

...And they can assault as well.

- shooting allocates wounds before allocating saves - majority toughtness/armor for mixed units is still in

You sure about mixed armor? You allocate how you want I thought, I don't remember anything about having to allocate to the majority armor first.

- turbo boosting now confers a 3+ invulnerable save; if they turbo boost, though, they lose the ability to go flat (self-pin)

You mean 3+ Cover save, significant difference.

vipernyc
29-05-2008, 21:38
You sure about mixed armor? You allocate how you want I thought, I don't remember anything about having to allocate to the majority armor first.
You may be right, don't really remember about the armor - majority toughness, though, definitely.

You mean 3+ Cover save, significant difference.
I'm almost positive it said invulnerable. Could be wrong, though. The only reason I'm pretty sure is that I use a lot of bikes, so it was one of the passages I made sure to read.

IJW
29-05-2008, 21:49
I'm almost positive it said invulnerable. Could be wrong, though. The only reason I'm pretty sure is that I use a lot of bikes, so it was one of the passages I made sure to read.
No, it's a cover save - no more avoiding the flamer templates by riding fast...

ScytheSwathe
29-05-2008, 23:01
No more 2+ Tzeentch bikes, no more psycannon removing it, far more logical