PDA

View Full Version : High Elf Objectives

Sangria
29-05-2008, 21:30
Just a quick question:

I'm in need of some ideas for two High ELf objective counters. It has to fit on a standard GW 40mm square base.

I'm a good painter, if I do say so myself, however I'm pretty sucky at using platic-card and foamboard etc.

So if anyone has any nifty ideas please post them here!

One thing I "found" was a large clear/transparent marble which looked pretty cool. Just not sure if it's Elfy enough, as they don't usually have large round crystals lying around.

I can always go for the good old fashioned banners...

Xaskus
29-05-2008, 22:15
You could always go with a weapons cache or a stature or an elven waystone. Easy stuff to make and it looks good.

Ipeninrod
30-05-2008, 01:31
Dragon egg. Real easy to make Or use a choclate one on a spike and those that keep it get to eat it.

Bretonnian Lord
30-05-2008, 01:41
How about a wounded commander model? Or just use generic magic items.

rodmillard
30-05-2008, 02:15
http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99060299043&orignav=13

Hatchling Dragons FTW! there is also a hatchling on either the Dragon or Mages sprue, so a clutch of hatchlings would rock. For a waystone, go to a new agey crystal shop and buy a clear quartz wand, build up a 40mm base with miliput and embed the flat end of the wand in the putty, then paint and/or flock the base to match your terrain.

Tarian
30-05-2008, 03:11
The helmet/spear from the plastic Bolt Thrower sprue could work too.

Count Sinister
30-05-2008, 03:16
Statues are always nice ideas. Build a plasticard plinth (just a 25mm or 30mm square, about 1cm high), glue a plastic model (complete with base) onto the plinth, and then paint and drybrush to look like stone or metal. Voila!

rodmillard
30-05-2008, 10:42
Statues are always nice ideas. Build a plasticard plinth (just a 25mm or 30mm square, about 1cm high), glue a plastic model (complete with base) onto the plinth, and then paint and drybrush to look like stone or metal. Voila!

alternatively, cut down the canister from a roll of 35mm camera film (it's how I've done oath-stones for my dwarf army)

Braad
30-05-2008, 12:54
Or, very simple, just a big banner, and some other items to fill up the base.

Also, I think Forgeworld sells a big elven waystone. Might be usefull too.

Count Sinister
30-05-2008, 14:24
You're right, Rodmillard, the film canister idea is a good one. I've used it for statues in Mordheim, but even with my carefully hoarded stash of canisters, the digital age is starting to cause supply problems!

Sangria
30-05-2008, 16:07
All sounds great. Thanks so far for al the responses.

Banners are always a good idea. I can paint them to match the army easily.

You know, I believe I actually have some of those baby dragon hatchlings lying around somewhere. I'm sure I ordered some a few years ago. I'll just have to rummage through my bits boxes...

The wounded army commander would make for a great model if I can get the spare parts and position him propperly.

I'm going for a really nicely painted army, so I want to make sure my objectives match.