PDA

View Full Version : Greenskins help

The Brusier
29-05-2008, 23:10
Hey,
I've finally given up on my Ogre Kingdoms, and started to collect another barbaric army, O&G. I've got 2 units of boys 1 with shields and 1 with add choppa's. I've also got a Black Orc B.S.B (converted). But I'm stuck for what to get next. Can you help me?

Lordsaradain
29-05-2008, 23:13
An Orc Big Boss as general would be a good choice (as your BSB cant be the general). Then get wolf riders and some nice special unit (could be any; squigs, Blorcs, Chariots, boarboyz or some warmachine).

The Brusier
29-05-2008, 23:16
soz, I also have a big boss on boar.

fubukii
29-05-2008, 23:18
id suggest either a battalion or a couple of boxes of orcs.

Braad
30-05-2008, 07:15
Just grab your army book. Look at all the different units choices. Now go to the shop and buy all of them.

But if you don't got enough money, I think something along the lines of a Big boss on foot as your general, a shaman for magic defense, some wolf riders, two spear chukka's and maybe some heavy cavalry (savage boar boyz...).
I think if you got that, then you got some good playable stuff that will give you a bit of versatile playing.

I also started out with a general on boar, but nowadays nearly always take it on foot in a unit of boyz.

Rubicon
30-05-2008, 10:03
I wouldn't get Wolf riders, IMHO they are far inferior to Spider Riders. Wolf Chariots, on the other hand, are great!

Urgat
30-05-2008, 10:50
I wouldn't get Wolf riders, IMHO they are far inferior to Spider Riders.

How so? They got a better save and move faster. Sure, they don't have poison (so what? Sending your wolves/spiders against anything that needs poison to be taken down is stupid to begin with), and they can't ignore difficult terrain, but their speed more than makes up for that.

Rubicon
30-05-2008, 11:10
Ignoring terrain with fast cavalry is such a great ability. Makes march blocking and flanking easier, especially against combat based armies. Wolf Riders have their uses, I Just think spider riders are more useful.

Avian
30-05-2008, 11:58
If you are starting with greenies, I have an article on my website called Starting an Orcs & Goblins Army (http://folk.ntnu.no/tarjeia/avian/tactics/greenskin_starting.php) which might be helpful for you. :)

Good luck!

Conotor
30-05-2008, 12:14
Skull pass. You get 80 gobblins for very little money. Then get a few more fanatics.