PDA

View Full Version : 2K high elves White lion list

Newelf
30-05-2008, 05:02
I'm posting this for my brother. What do you think?

TECLIS
Korhil
CORE
10 archers - full command
10 archers
SPECIAL
20 White Lions of Chrace - musician + Banner of the World Dragon
20 White Lions of Chrace - lion banner
10 Silver Helms - full Command - Champion w/ enchanted shield
RARE
2 Repeater Bolt Throwers w/ crews

Total -1995

Marwynn
30-05-2008, 05:16
Teclis in a WL list eh? Well, there's one thing that's missing, and that's the Banner of Sorcery. Also, Banner of the World Dragon can't be put on the White Lions. There's a 50-point limit--so huzzah, you now have the Banner of Sorcery!

Drop the full command from the archers and any Light armour that may be there. It's not necessary.

I would also suggest splitting up the Silver Helms unit into two units of 5. Add a musician and a standard bearer to the other one if you wish, you have 35 points free from the archers' command.

My main suggestion is to trim 6 WLs from each block, and form it into another 12-WL block. They're usually deployed 7 wide, so 14 and 12 are solid numbers. This gives you more units to play around with, if not necessarily more models.

If you drop the Enchanted Shield, and yes you should drop the champ--why would you want him to be challengeable?--you may have enough points to squeeze in the Banner of Arcane Protection or War Banner or whatever you choose.

You have a total of 71 points if you remove the Archer command/light armour, the champ and the enchanted shield, and change the Banner of the World Dragon to the Banner of Sorcery. That's one Eagle right there. Or if you truly wanted to, you could upgrade all the Silver Helms to Dragon Princes (run them naked in groups of 5).

It looks like a capable list; however it is missing one thing, maneuver elements to deal with the enemy's line and warmachines. Your brother will find he'll be surrounded and outnumbered quickly.

Newelf
30-05-2008, 05:59
Thanks for the advice! I thought adding something like shadow warriors or an eagle to warmachine hunt could be good. Plus I'm not sure if Teclis is the best shot for this army. But he has the model and would like to use it. He'll be playing my woodelf list to start off. You can find it on warseer as well.

Marwynn
30-05-2008, 06:50
Well, he could just say his Teclis is just a L4 Archmage (w/ Book of Hoeth). Frees up more than enough points for some Ellyrian Reavers w/ Bows or two Eagles.

He may become too reliant on Teclis, so wean him off special characters hehe.