PDA

View Full Version : CHAOS CIVIL WAR: What God and its followers would win?

Lupercal!
30-05-2008, 04:52
Okay guys, we know the Chaos war against each other. They're not unified when they're not fighting the Imperium. If an ALL-OUT civil war erupted amongst the followers of the four Chaos gods (Khorne followers v. Tzeentch followers v. Nurgle followers v. Slaneesh followers), WHO WOULD WIN IN YOUR OPINION AND WHY?

Basically, consider the power of the Chaos god but also consider the advantages of its Chaos Space Marines, its demons, etc.

For clarification, there are no outside forces helping/hurting any of the cults. No Imperium meddling.

Vote, too.

Condottiere
30-05-2008, 04:54
Khorne - his followers wouldn't stop until all the rest were dead.

Goq Gar
30-05-2008, 04:57
Uncle Nurgle.

Lord-Caerolion
30-05-2008, 05:04
When it comes to an all-out war between the Gods, as much as I hate to say it, Khorne can't help but win. The warfare would fuel his power, making him stronger as the war drags on. Of course, Nurgle would be empowered as well, but Khorne is stronger to begin with, we know he's the most powerful God at the moment. Slaanesh would probably be the first to go, as Her power is in direct opposite to war, there are very few who gain pleasure from killing others, comparatively. And Tzeentch just doesn't get much more powerful from warfare.
Really, it just boils down to the fact that the war would keep making Khorne more and more powerful, Nurgle not as much, Tzeentch barely at all, and keep weakening Slaanesh.

Creeping_Death
30-05-2008, 06:57
Khorne would seem to win in the beginning but I'm sure in the long run it would all turn out to be a massive twisted plot by Tzeentch to arise victorious ;)

TheOneWithNoName
30-05-2008, 07:12
Isn't Tzeentch generally considered the most powerful of the Chaos Gods? If so I'd have to go with him.

druchii
30-05-2008, 07:35
Isn't Tzeentch generally considered the most powerful of the Chaos Gods? If so I'd have to go with him.

He was. But the new demon codex says the other three gods ganged up on him and put him back in his place :D

On one hand I'd say Khorne will win because as mentoned before the bloodshed and hate directly fuels his power base, but I think nurgle would be a close second, as the degredation of the gods' powers and the mayhem would als help his influence also.

d

Lord-Caerolion
30-05-2008, 07:37
Actually, the fluff keeps saying that Khorne is the strongest, but apparently Tzeentch was once the most powerful, but not anymore.

Lord Pree J.
30-05-2008, 09:25
No one would win.
The daemon codex said that no power was more powerful than another:pIt only said Khorne was the strongest, but strength is not every thing
But personally i want tzeentch to win, cos it would be a bit interesting

Rockerfella
30-05-2008, 09:55
Well, i've gone for papa change. Basically because if there's war between all chaos gods, and there is an end result that is different from the established status quo, then... thats change. And as far as I remember, change is this guys middle name. I think he would benefit more from a change in equilibrium than any of the other gods, save possibly Nugle.

So there.

Go me.

Bloodknight
30-05-2008, 09:58
Nurgle. The other ones would just contract some evil disease, die from it and no chainaxe will do anything about it ;)

Captain Stern
30-05-2008, 11:12
They already are at civil war and always have been. They're not unified even when they are fighting the Imperium.

WEEVILWOOD
30-05-2008, 11:18
I Have to go with Slaneesh, as he would be getting stronger from the pleasure Khorne folowers would get in killing, and from the pleaseure when the other gods
get a victroy. An the emense feeping of pleasure the impirium and eldar would have to see chaos on chaos action!

Xerseth
30-05-2008, 12:35
I voted for Tzeentch, with the fact in mind that one God will never really win because then Chaos itself will die/burn itself out or something simliar(at least that is what I remember from some quick reading the Codex: Daemons), here is my reason:

Tzeentch would manipulate the other Gods to kill each other and Khorne with his forces strained thin would win of the three and then Tzeentch with his forces mostly intact would conquer Khorne.

The Guy
30-05-2008, 13:46
I think nurgle would win.
I think if he really wanted to he could give his enemies [dead and alive] some special disease that makes them his puppets.
Also even after losing battles his diseases would linger on. And where there's disease there's nurgle.

Iron Father
30-05-2008, 15:16
I think nurgle would win.
I think if he really wanted to he could give his enemies [dead and alive] some special disease that makes them his puppets.
Also even after losing battles his diseases would linger on. And where there's disease there's nurgle.

I can imagine Nurgle giving the Slaneesh followers the clap :D

Champsguy
30-05-2008, 15:40
It is really simply a matter of viewing the battle from different perspectives.

Khorne wins because he's the god of conflict, and this is a war we're talking about.
Nurgle wins because he's the god of decay, and there will be lots of rotting bodies.
Slaanesh wins because he's the god of pleasure, and all the demons get off on killing.
Tzeentch wins because he's the god of change, and many beings are being changed from alive to dead.

There can never be a winner, because each of the gods' profiles allow them to prosper, even when their armies are being slaughtered. You are really asking "Who would win in a fight, the Pacific Ocean or the Indian Ocean? You know, if they both had like really big hurricanes?" Neither wins, because they simply settle back to their original positions.

Firaxin
30-05-2008, 15:48
Nurgle would be able to reanimate the dead of all 4 sides and use them as his own...

DarkMatter2
30-05-2008, 23:30
None of them would win. That is kind of the point. They constantly test and push against each other, and everything always remains balanced in the end.

Drogmir
30-05-2008, 23:32
I would think that if a civil war erupted it would all be in the plan of tzeetch

nurgle_boy
31-05-2008, 00:42
Nurgle wins, because of AID's

Khorne gets infected blood in his mouth from nurgle followers. he gets infected. proceeds to die of a bad case of sudden exploding head syndrome contracted from a nurgling.

Slaanesh has AID's from all those combat drugs... DRUGS ARE BAD KIDS!. proceeds to die from various STI's

Tzeentch is listening in and gets hearing aids... because I cant think of a reason to otherwise get rid of the multicoloured bugger!

Corporal Chaos
31-05-2008, 00:49
The big "T" would end up on top. Mainly because there can never be one ruling chaos power, Tcheench would have the upper hand as all things would constantly be in a state of flux the advantage always shifting at the pivitol point so that none would ever rule supreme.

kishvier
31-05-2008, 00:52
Tzeench. Jeeze he knows everything that has and will happen. He is totally invulnerable to any attacks since he always would have 2 billion different ways to change the outcome and he knows how each of those ways will change it.

italiaplaya
31-05-2008, 00:56
i remember someone tellin me this the other day. he has read most of the GW books and stuff. and basically what happens at the end of the universe is chaos is the last race alive having destoryed everything else. after a while all 4 gods begin to fight each other. khorne vs nurgle, tzeentch vs slaanesh. khorne and tzeentch came on top, then tzeentch and khorne fought it out. and khorne won becoming the last creature on earth.

thats what i was told.

Firaxin
31-05-2008, 01:08
thats what i was told.

Well, you were duped.

And I have no idea why daemon-gods from a seperate plane of existence would have their final battle on material Terra, of all places.

Mr Spock
31-05-2008, 05:41
The Emperor.

Think about it, after the Chaos Gods beat the crap out of each other, The Emperor can take on the remnants and finally win.

Ave Imperator!

BigWeirdCreature
31-05-2008, 05:47
Malal would crush them all, so your all wrong.

Shibboleth
31-05-2008, 10:48
As others have stated they are always already in civil war.
Also, it's stated that if any one god was to win then the warp would be stilled and the universe would cease to exist...

LordFulgrim
31-05-2008, 11:16
I hope it would be Slaanesh because killing all day is kind of dull, diseases are really not my thing and planning for the sake of planning (read: keeping everything mysterious and in constant change) seems pointless and frustrating to me.
To be honest though I can't really see any of them gaining the upper hand/tentacle/whatever; that is the point of Chaos.

DarkAzrael169
31-05-2008, 22:32
Tzeentch would not "win." If he won, that would mean he would no longer be able to plot and scheme. He would rather have it continue indefinitely. Khorne would win just because.

ZiggyTempest
31-05-2008, 22:46
I doubt the war would ever end. It's more about The entities outside of the warp then those inside it.

Dexter099
01-06-2008, 00:01
Nobody.

But since I'm forced to vote, Tzeentch.

azimaith
01-06-2008, 02:02
Tzeentch would win, Khorne may be stongest, which makes the person who manipulates him the strongest. Thus tzeentch, whose entire point is manipulation wins out.

Khaine's Messenger
01-06-2008, 04:02
WHO WOULD WIN IN YOUR OPINION AND WHY?

It would depend on what the rules are for this final battle. And since this is an all-out battle, there probably wouldn't be much concensus on the rules. So they'd all win by their own standards, even if they have to convince themselves of it afterwards as they're crying in their beers. "Road less traveled" self-delusion and all that.

If you're talking about a metaphysical cataclysm, then they would all probably lose, as each victory allows a bit more of the loser to be subsumed into the victor, gradually changing the identities of both until they are unrecognizable in their new forms...or, if the identity of the winner is strong enough, perhaps subsuming the weaker as a tainted aspect, preserving it but changing it enough to make it seem as though its original form never existed. Or it might still, plotting revenge....

In terms of taking proactive measures to actually achieve victory, though? Khorne. Tzeentch is too self-defeating, Nurgle too melancholy, and Slaanesh too decadent. Although the war itself would be a victory of sorts. Followers of Khorne can wax philosophical when the mood strikes them. That's just the thing about Chaos. They care more about the process of "winning" than actually achieving the vitory (ie, they like winning but do not care for having won...if that makes sense). Which is exactly what makes them so annoying.

DaiyQueen
01-06-2008, 05:35
I thought I read somewhere that Nurgle is the embodiment of the desire to see all around you fade away and die. That says to me that, even when it comes to the chaos gods, by his very nature, Nurgle would be the last one standing.

Maybe I just imagined that little tidbit. But seriously, even his greater demons have a lot of wounds.:D

WorLord
01-06-2008, 06:09
Khorne would win, since all battles and all killing fuel his power.

Tzeentch may be the master schemer, but I don't think he would allow himself to win. What would he be without anyone to scheme and plot against? Kind of like in Hammer of Daemons - he would betray his own forces at a critical time - the ultimate trick!:p

Thrax
01-06-2008, 06:10
Nurgle would be the first to fall. Why? Because the blessings of the other gods would make their legions virtually immune to his insidious rot.

Slaanesh would be too distracted for an extended, total war.

Tzeentch would falter at the last, knowing that complete triumph would immediately lead to failure as further guile would be pointless.

Khorne, the god of war and carnage would grow in power like an overloaded reactor, eventually blasting his enemies in a fury of battlelust.

Or not.

Lord-Caerolion
01-06-2008, 06:44
Well, there is the tale in the Liber Khorne saying that it will be Khorne that destroys everything in creation, including himself.
...Actually, reading it again, it seems that Khorne will be the first to die, if you believe the story. Basically, Khorne kills 8 creatures, the final of which is his double, which kills him at the exact same time. Afterwards:

And the gods, the dead, the living and daemons of the horde did turn upon one another with such will and savagery, that the slaughter of such a multitude did only last until the sun was hid behind the mountain, before they were all of them destroyed.

Ok, with that, I'm changing my vote to Slaanesh, as Nurgle and Tzeentch would kill each other in this frenzy, while Slaanesh' rival has already been defeated. All that remains now is for Slaanesh to kill the winner of those two.

Hellebore
01-06-2008, 07:08
Well, all Tzeentch has to do is have the changeling imitate each god in turn (as he can imitate anything except Tzeentch himself) and cause a big 3 way (which I'm sure Slaanesh would love) and wait for them to destroy themselves.

Then he comes in and wastes the rest of them when it's all done.

Of course, he might decide to keep each of the gods alive to have some fun with. Otherwise things might not change much...

Hellebore

Hicks
01-06-2008, 08:08
I think Nurgle would win. He is the god of death after all, surely all that slaughter would strenghten him.

Lord-Caerolion
01-06-2008, 08:21
Well, god of despair actually, but death is associated with him.

GodofWarTx
02-06-2008, 01:31
I agree with Thrax. Tzeentch cant win. To win is ironically his own death. He is a master schemer and manipulator, but it can not be towards an eventual end of his own design. For if that was the case, there would be no more manipulations or schemings or plottings, and his purpose would cease to exist. Tzeentch schemes merely to scheme again, continually weaving fates together for its own sake.

Xelion 102
05-06-2008, 14:13
Tzeench all the way mainly because he has the highest use of chaos magic in his followers.
where as Korne has his almighty berserker's witch ultimately are useless when the fighting takes to the space lanes.
Nurgle has his noxious agents witch are ultimately futile when you think combat on a galactic scale.
and I have to admit I never really saw Slaanesh as a real threat to anyone anyway.

Tiller5
05-06-2008, 14:22
Nobody would win. Nurgle would wax and wane as per the height of his epidemics. Khorne would go all out of course, but Tzeentch would manipulate everything so that either war would continue eternally (to conserve his purpose of scheming), or he could set the others on each other, claim all the shards of his staff (see the Daemon fluff in the codex) and reign supreme, continuing to scheme as he sees fit.

Barltok
06-06-2008, 14:06
Depends on just how good Tzeentch is at manipulating the other gods. If everything is simply JUST AS PLANNED with him, he'd obviously be able to come out on top. (And winning doesn't necessarily mean and end to scheming, he can easily plot his own downfall after that, or even the return of the other gods) If the other gods can see through his schemes and overcome them however, then there's a good chance any of them could win, Khorne probably having the best odds, Slaneesh having the poorest. That's the problem with dealing with Tzeentch though, he can just say, "Yeah, well I wanted you to win," so it's impossible to tell if you've ever undone anything that he had planned for. I guess the warp makes you insane for a reason.

Spacewolves vs Thousandsons
20-06-2008, 22:19
even though i am a hardcore Tzeentch fan, i would have to say khorne or nurgle would come out victorious, in that if i recall khorne is the bane of psykers and tzneetch's followers are primarily composed of psykers, that and reading something about nurgle being able to reanimate corpses, so he would never actually run out of "followers" be they willing or not
on a side note the comment about give the slaanesh follers the clap was quite ingenious and very entertaining
oh and i really dont care about punctuation

kishvier
20-06-2008, 22:25
The problem is when Tzeetch wins he ends therefore he cannot win and doesn't want to anyway.

gideon0330
20-06-2008, 22:43
Nurgle

The other demons would have to deal with there legendry toughness, they shrug off wounds that would kill others and carry all manner of foul diseases.

Nurgle would just cook up some demon killing/imparing disease and make all his followers immune and volia, Nurgle wins.

Azulthar
21-06-2008, 07:49
Tzeentch is a fool, born from (humanity's) hope and ambition. You can plot, scheme, build and plan all you want: the end is inevitable. There's a reason Nurgle was called the "Lord of All" in Realms of Chaos :p

On a slightly more serious note: Slaanesh is the only god I really can't see winning at all. His hedonism just isn't primal enough; as civilization starts to crumble, so will his power.

Colonel Puti
21-06-2008, 17:43
Each of the 4 major chaos gods is a reflection of one of the human survivalist emotions. Khorne grows from rage, Nurgle from despair, Slaanesh from pleasure and Tzeentch from hope. As every one of the four gods pushes these emotions to the extremes, they are all doomed to destroy themselves if they aren't keept in check by the other gods and the need to exist to push towards the extremes of their respective emotions. Khorne would turn against him self. Nurgle would love to just cease to exist. Slaanesh can never achieve the ultimate pleasure as it would mean torturing himself to death after everything else is done and Tzeentch could not see hope or make a plot to get out of a situation where there is nothing opposing him.

Khorne, Nurgle and Slaanesh would ultimately destroy themselves directly whereas Tzeentch would cease to exist as a result of his actions if things could go that far. But they can't, so the relative status que remains for as long as sentient spiecies populate the plain of existance.

Fenriz
21-06-2008, 22:03
Kind of like in Hammer of Daemons - he would betray his own forces at a critical time - the ultimate trick!:p

Thanks for that. :eyebrows:

Please put that in spoiler tags in your actual post as well. I was rather looking forward to reading the book... Till now... :(

As for the victor in the war, it wouldnt end. I think Tzeentch would wax strongest, then ruin his own chances. Thus allowing the others to recuperate, and the war would continue.

Col. Tartleton
21-06-2008, 22:26
Blood for The Blood God!
Skulls for His Skull Throne !
Khorne Khorne Khorne Khorne Khorne!!!
Kill! Maim! Burn!
Dust to Dust!Blood to Blood! Ashes To Ashes!

So yeah, I think ol' brass bawls is gonna take the prize. He's immune to Tzeentchian magics, is immune to Nurgles diseases due to being demonic, and well, kicks the man juice out of Slaanesh.

Ddraiglais
22-06-2008, 01:37
I'd say the Undivided legions that stood by and watched the carnage. It'd be easy pickings after that.

Grand_Marshal_Kazan
22-06-2008, 17:57
None of them would win. That is kind of the point. They constantly test and push against each other, and everything always remains balanced in the end.

Agreed, if one won wouldn't that mean the end of the realm of chaos?

Clockwork-Knight
22-06-2008, 18:09
It is really simply a matter of viewing the battle from different perspectives.

Khorne wins because he's the god of conflict, and this is a war we're talking about.
Nurgle wins because he's the god of decay, and there will be lots of rotting bodies.
Slaanesh wins because he's the god of pleasure, and all the demons get off on killing.
Tzeentch wins because he's the god of change, and many beings are being changed from alive to dead.

There can never be a winner, because each of the gods' profiles allow them to prosper, even when their armies are being slaughtered. You are really asking "Who would win in a fight, the Pacific Ocean or the Indian Ocean? You know, if they both had like really big hurricanes?" Neither wins, because they simply settle back to their original positions.Yep, that's the true answer I agree with.