X4 Tree Kin 195

X7 Wardancers (Champion, Mucisian) 156

X4 Warhawk Riders 160

Rare

X6 Waywatchers 144

Great Eagle 50

Total: 1993

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is one of the first WE lists i've made, and i'm trying to be competative with it. Comments and criticism are more than welcome.

RavenBloodwind
30-05-2008, 15:31
Overall a very solid list with reasonably build units. You could shave the treekin and warhawks down to 3 to save points but at 4 they are much more survivable.

The only tweak I'd look at would be something to protect your wardancer noble. You could either give him the annoyance or put a champion in the unit he's joining. Given the points allowance and the blades already being used the annoyance isn't an option.

Similarly a champion in the dryad unit your branchwraith joins will buy her an extra round in a challenge situation.

If you dropped the musicians from the glade guard that would pay for the branchnymph. Dropping wardancers to 7 w/champion would get you the points without changing anything else.

Chaplain of Chaos
30-05-2008, 15:47
Cool, thanks. I wasn't even thinking about challenge situatiosn thats a good idea.

SpeedyGoat
30-05-2008, 21:36
The list looks good only a few minor tweaks. Im not a fan of of the WD noble, I would rather have a whole other group of WD for the same cost, or maybe a unit of 5 wild riders. Paegent of shrikes is useful spite I perfer on my cluster branchwraith.

maxthegeek1
31-05-2008, 03:23
Personally, I'm not such a fan of waywatchers, I might replace them with another eagle and spend the points elsewhere, but that just me.

Crube
31-05-2008, 21:51
A couple of points (mostly personal preference - it looks a reasonably competetive list as is - with one challenge...)

Please drop the Alter Noble... Please?

Level 1 on the Branchwraith is a bit of a waste in my experience. I find the points better spent on Nymphs for the Dryad units.

I'm undecided about Warhawks. I used to swear by them, but now... as I said, I'm really not sure. They never seem to do that much...

I'd drop the Warhawks, and the Alter Noble, and go down the Treeman Route, especilly as you have the Treekin there too...

As for the challenge I mentioned. There's no cavalry in there. WE are a highly manevrable army, and the cavalry, if you can get a couple of units, are something opponents will fear...

Just my 2p worth. The only way to find out how something works is to try it :D

Chicago Slim
01-06-2008, 06:55
I think it's a fine army, as written. You've enough shooting to keep your opponent worried and honest, quite decent magic defense and a bit of magic offense, and a number of units that are looking for a fight. You'll need to work hard to earn flanks, and with the right units, but it's definitely a competitive list.

I'm not sure how Crube manages to suggest there's no cavalry in the build you posted: warhawk riders are the second-best cavalry Wood Elves can take (after Wild Riders), even if they don't take off rank bonuses when they flank-charge.