PDA

View Full Version : Is there an army for Elves of Lórien?

SabrX
30-05-2008, 09:40
I'm a huge fan of the LoTR trilogy. My favorite part was in Two Towers when the "Elves of Lórien" lead by Haldir comes in aid to Rohirrim at Battle of Helm's Deep.

Now I've never read the story and not sure if this really happened. But the Elves of Lórien were awesome all clad in blue golden armor and each armed with a bow + sword.

If I was to start an LoTR army, it would be Haldir's Elves theme if any existed.

Is there a Haldir's Army in LoTR miniature game?

Nightsword
30-05-2008, 09:52
There are indeed miniatures and rules for the elves you speak of, and the Lothlorien list comes under the Woodland realms title.

http://uk.games-workshop.com/elves/miniature-gallery/1/

lorelorn
30-05-2008, 09:54
Let's see...

no the scene in question did not happen in the books. Yes, it was still cool in the film ;)

There is that exact army available in the Lord of the Rings game, including Haldir. However the armoured elves are all-metal. There are plastic unarmoured elves of Lorien available. Also, there are armoured elves (the ones from the beginning of the first film) if you want to go that way.

They are allowed to fight side by side with warriors and riders of Rohan too.

The armoured elves range should be expanded to include cavalry and some sort of scout, but I'm not sure when that will happen, possibly January 2009.