PDA

View Full Version : 1500 High Elves

Red_Lep
30-05-2008, 15:03
old list, see below

Kai Itzah
30-05-2008, 17:14
I really like your list, I really do, it's unique - but I think it needs quite a few changes, at least in my opinion.

First, drop the Repeater Bolt Thrower (it's not that bad really, but I always say drop the RBT because I don't like them :P ), a unit of Reavers and the Lothern Sea Guard. After that you can make two units of 15 Spearmen with Standard Bearers. Then drop the pretty useless Ellyrion Banner on the Princes so you can get another Eagle and another mage for a general - give this one Guardian Phoenix (for at least some protection) and another Dispel Scroll. For your other mage I'd stick with what you've already got, that's always my choice.

You may want to consider making your Noble ride an Elven Steed, give him the Battle Standard and put him in the Dragon Prince unit, but I didn't put that amongst everything else as he's the thing I like most about your army.

Xzazzarai
30-05-2008, 18:01
In general, I like the list, but it lacks staying-power. And it's very fragile against high str attacks and magic.
It hits hard and moves fast, but I don't think that's quite enough in this case.

With only a lvl 2 mage, there is no need for the Jewel of dusk. You won't get any spells through anyway. Reduce him to lvl 1 and give him 2 scrolls if you don't liek to follow my other advice.
If you do how ever, keep him at lvl 2 and give him the ring of fury and maybe the silver wand.

The Noble looks good. Might wanna give him the enchanted shield for a 3+ save?

Drop the seaguards. They are rarely worth their points. It's better to stick with a unit of spaers, or a small unit (10) of archers. What ever you think you need.

Allso, drop one group of ellyrians and remove the standard. the +1 combat resolution won't help them sience they lose to even medium infantry.

For the points freed so far, add another mage unless you choose to make the first one defensive.
If you didn't, give him the seer staff or the jewel of dusk. Add a dispel scroll if you think you need it.

I like Dps. They are fast and hit hard, but with the Tiranoc in there, i'm not quite sure if they are really needed? Or, you can allways remove the Tiranoc? Though, chariots are pretty cool =)

If you don't want a mage and decided to remove either Dragon Princes or the Tiranoc, add some elite infantry. If you chose archers as core, I'd recommend WL or PG, sience SM can't take any beating. If you decided to go with spears how ever, I'd prolly go with SM or maybe WL.

The rare chioces are fine! You really can't go wrong with HE rare slots what ever you do with them. Well, maybe if you didn't use them at all. ;)

Marwynn
31-05-2008, 05:09
I like your first list better, the LSG are quite flexible, and with the chariot to defend the unit you'll do wonderfully.

Drop the standard bearers definitely.

I would suggest going with a Silver Wand and two Dispel Scrolls for your lone mage. Then upgrade the Noble's heavy armour to Dragon Armour; immunity to flaming attacks for 2 more points?

I would also move the War Banner to the LSG and put the Lion Banner on the other DP unit; nothing sucks more than such a killy heavy cav unit NOT charging because they're scared.

With this kind of list you'll be the one setting the tempo. I like it and g'luck!

Red_Lep
31-05-2008, 13:52
I like your first list better, the LSG are quite flexible, and with the chariot to defend the unit you'll do wonderfully.

Drop the standard bearers definitely.

I would suggest going with a Silver Wand and two Dispel Scrolls for your lone mage. Then upgrade the Noble's heavy armour to Dragon Armour; immunity to flaming attacks for 2 more points?

I would also move the War Banner to the LSG and put the Lion Banner on the other DP unit; nothing sucks more than such a killy heavy cav unit NOT charging because they're scared.

With this kind of list you'll be the one setting the tempo. I like it and g'luck!

I think I'll go with that because I personally like the LSG better. The only thing I think I'll do differently is instead of Dragon Armour I'll give him the enchanted shield.

List comes out like this:

Heroes- 375

Mage- 185
~2 Dispel Scroll
~Silver Wand
~Level 2

Noble- 190
~Enchanted Shield
~Heavy Armor
~Lance
~Reaver Bow
~Great Eagle
.................................................. .................................................. ...............................................
Core- 266

Lothern Sea Guard(17)- 266
~Full Command
~War Banner
.................................................. .................................................. ...............................................
Special- 709

2x Ellyrian Reavers(5)- 112
~Musician
~Bows

Dragon Princes(5)- 205
~Standard Bearer
~Lion Standard
~Musician

Dragon Princes(5)- 195
~Standard Bearer
~Banner of Ellyrion
~Musician

Tiranoc Chariot- 85
Rare- 150

Repeater Bolt Thrower- 100
Great Eagle- 50
Total- 1500

Thanks to everyone for all the help :D