PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Points of Daemons

Malagant
30-05-2008, 20:13
Totally Sickest Super-Prostyle Roller Daemons of Doom! :rolleyes:

(note: that's a joke...don't take it seriously :evilgrin:)

Modified my list a bit with some feedback from nice helpful folks here on Warseer (thank you!). This will just be for playing at LGS, perhaps a road trip to GW an hour+ away once in awhile, but nothing "serious".

Herald of Khorne on Jugger with Firestorm Blade and Armour of Khorne

2x Herald of Tzeentch on Chariot with Mastery of Sorcery and Flames of Tzeentch; one is BSB with Sundering Banner

6 Furies

2x 10 Horrors of Tzeentch with Standard Bearers carrying Icon of Sorcery (can two units have the same Icon?)

2x 15 Bloodletters with Full Command

5 Flesh Hounds

6 Flamers

2 Fiends of Slaanesh

The Hounds, Fiends, Furies, and Chariots are all fast enough to give me a maneuverability edge. The Hounds, Letters, and Khorne Herald are all capable in melee; with the Chariots to break ranks there shouldn't be many combats I lose. The Flamers and Chariots should give a good shooting phase performance. Four wizards should give control of the magic phase, and the Sundering Banner should stretch my 6 DD out quite a bit.

C&C welcome! Thanks!!

PS What are thoughts on mounting Khorne Herald on Chariot vs. Jugger?

Trade 0+ AS for 3+ (1+ for shooting that randomly hits him); Can't join units, but gains Impact Hits; Same speed/maneuverability, but bigger base.

Malagant
01-06-2008, 00:34
Since the Khorne Herald is more likely to be in the thick of the fighting, Perhaps making him the BSB would work better. Then the Furies can be more easily kept near the General to enjoy something other than leadership 2. :)

Marethar
01-06-2008, 23:54
Hi there!

It really looks like a solid list, I just have a couple of things you might want to consider.

Maybe use the Icon of Unholy Victory on your HoT BSB instead. Then he will be a serious threat to any flank and would also beat warmachines pretty easily. Even without making lots of wounds. You might also consider dropping the Flames of Tzeentch on your Heralds. It won't do that much actually, and you can probably spend the points better elsewhere.

I like the Tzeentch/Khorne theme very much, but i feel you kinda brake it with the fiends. Do you really need them? Why not bring some more flamers/hounds/horrors/bloodletters/whatever instead. With the points saved from dropping the flames of Tzeentch too, you can actually get a decent sized unit. I would also consider taking larger units of horrors for that nasty Bolt of Change.

Just my 2 cents, a really good looking list all in all!

Good luck and cheers!

Malagant
02-06-2008, 03:37
Thanks Marethar!

I honestly didn't build the army with any sort of "fluff" in mind, I primarily went with models I have/could build and things I thought would be fun to play with. I like the obscene speed of the Fiends, and I strongly believe people will underestimate their killiness: 8 WS4 S4 AP attacks is much more than anything else that fast, and as gravy I'm using very very old fiend models...they're smal, smaller than a horse, so I think folks that aren't very familiar with the Daemon book will think they're just fast without fighting ability. With how they worked for me today, I can't see dropping them from my list (unless I'm being goofy and trying to work in a GD :P)

I really enjoy the Flames of Tzeentch, it allows me to maintain a credible charge threat while dealing respectable damage from range (combined with magic)...though if playing an opponent I suspect would be magic heavy I'd replace one or both with the dispel thingie.

I used a slightly modified version of this list today, you can read about it here: http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146167

Thanks for feedback!

Malagant
03-06-2008, 20:57
Modifying my list to try some new things:

Skulltaker on Juggernaut (I like the 5+ KB; I LOVE the KB on any US! Bring that Ogre Tyrant to me!!!)

Blue Scribes (Dubious value against magic-light opponent, but fun none the less! Hard to beat the price!!)

Herald of Tzeentch on Chariot: Mastery of Sorcery and Spell Breaker; BSB with either Sundering Banner (-2 to casting of one lore, chosen at start of game) or Banner that gives d3 extra combat resolution (I've grown enchanted with the idea of him slamming in to some ranked up unit's flank and routing them all by himself!). Might take Beasts on this guy for Bear's Anger fun (amongst other things a little level two wizard can do with that list!).

Herald of Tzeentch with Mastery of Sorcery and Spell Breaker (will join the giant Horror unit...a unit that big needs the 4+ ward!)

28 Horrors of Tzeentch with Icon of Sorcery and The Changeling (Bolt of Change on 4 dice. Changeling will make enemy hesitate to attack with anything too strong. Herald in this unit gives 4+ ward. If they get in melee, there's two Gift of Chaos spells and the Changeling to help them win)

Two units of 15 Bloodletters with Full Command (like before, a decent sized unit to give a bit of static and active CR with a decent speed. Happy with how they've performed.)

5 Flesh Hounds (What's not to like?!)

5 Flamers (These are so good I almost feel guilty taking them!)

Next opponent is likely Ogres, where Skulltaker and Blue Scribes should earn their points. This list is primarily just to try some new things.

Any thoughts?

W0lf
06-06-2008, 23:36
Good list i like it.

Almost makes em think about not taking a greater Daemon.

Well almost :P

Malagant
10-06-2008, 03:14
2250 list for Tourney

Herald of Khorne on Jugger to join a FH unit. Carries Standard of Unholy Combat Resolution :)

Herald of Tzeentch on Chariot Mastery of Sorcery, Spell Breaker

Another Herald of Tzeentch on Chariot Master of Sorcery, Spell Breaker

The Blue Scribes

11 Bloodletters 6 - wide.

10 Horrors

32 Horrors with Icon of Sorcery and Changeling

5 Furies

5 Flesh Hounds

5 Flesh Hounds

6 Flamers

2 Fiends of Slaanesh

Tzeentch Chariots zip around, can reliably do Gift of Chaos from safe positions, hopefully causing severe disruption. Can risk some Bolt of Change on 3 dice if Boon goes well or have many dice from the Scribes. Big Horror unit can cast Bolt or Gift as much as possible. Changeling will discourage beefy characters from attacking the Horrors. Little Horrors will fling Flickering Fire on one die. Fiends and Furies will be in the backfield on turn 2. Flamers do what they do, melting anything threatening the Horrors. Bloodletters can either stay in the rear to protect Horrors from Fliers, or run downfield with the FH. Jugger Herald runs with Flesh Hounds to eat people's faces.

Marethar
11-06-2008, 01:38
Hi there again Malagant!

Looks like a really nice list you've come up with. Though of course i have some comments... Not really critcism or anything, just some things i would have done differently and a couple of things you should consider.

Ok, first things first: I really think the Khorne Herald should go with the bloodletters, for some staying power, as it is now this list doesn't have that. Except for the large Horror unit which will hold for a while, but not long. Also, by putting him in a Flesh Hound unit you will slow that unit down and make it a bit unwieldy, which you don't want.

I like the big Horror block very much, maybe you should put one of your Heralds there for extra protection? The 4+ Ward is a real boost. Also, is the Changeling really worth it? I mean it is quite a lot of points. And the intimidation factor will be next to none, since your opponent don't even know that he is in there until it's too late...

Also, again i think you should drop the Fiends for more of anything else, they just don't seem to fit, although i admit the do look good (stats wise that is, the models i'm afraid are just plain ugly...). I would recommend more Letters (or maybe Horrors or Furies).

Just my 2 cents, overall the list looks very strong.

Happy gaming. (and let us know how the army is doing)

Malagant
11-06-2008, 17:53
Hey Marethar! All criticsm is welcome, I love to hear it!

I don't think the Changeling is secret...he's a unit Champion with special powers. He's not hidden deployment, he's not a 'magic item'...seems to me they should know he's there. I haven't figured out how to model him yet, though...any ideas? :)

I would love to have a Tzeentch Herald in that big Horror unit, but the character slots are filled up, and the flying chariots are too much fun! I was also worried about the lack of maneuverability limiting his ability to cast spells...I thought it would make him easy to avoid! I'm also afraid to put all the eggs in one basket...of they drop a pit under that unit, or a doom-diver lands on it, I'm out a ton of points and a ton of fighting ability! Scary, since I have bad luck that way. :)

The Khorne Herald can certainly join the Letters, but then they slow him down...trade-off either way, I reckon, and I could do whatever seemed more appropriate for the table's terrain setup. I'm still toying with the idea of him on a Khorne Chariot...I'm a Chariot addict, it seems!

The list certainly doesn't have much static CR, but the smashyness is there, the speed is there, the magic is there, the shootiness is there. I think I could add 2 bloodletters, run them 5 wide with the herald in there, that gives +2 from ranks. But where to scrape up 24 points? :(

In the games I've done with the 2k lists, the super-stars have been the Heralds (all three of them), the Flesh Hounds (they eat everything!), and the Fiends (so fast, can get them wherever I want to fight whatever I want and smashy enough to win!). The small Horror units have been kind of blah...I sometimes manage to roll a 1 or 2 about two-thirds of the time...why don't the laws of averages apply to me? :( The Bloodletters have been hit or miss...the good times have come from a lucky KB. I'll try the small group and see how things go.

Thanks again for constructive feedback!

I'd be curious to hear about other folks experiences with the Changeling to see if he'll earn his points!

medevilmike
12-06-2008, 01:40
I like your list alot...and critisizm
In all honesty I have played alot of games as daemons so far, and im not a fan of bloodletters, granted when i started daemons they were the only core i took and now i pretty much refuse to take any at all. KB is a lovely thing but rarely happens when u need it to. T3 5+ ward makes em missle fodder so fast it just doesnt seem worth while to me,and as with u I dont base my lists on fluff and 100% agree with your other choices including your fiends.Then again i am a huge nurgle fan.....plague bearers are rediculous. sorry if not exactly helpful.

Kerill
12-06-2008, 04:49
I'm really not a fan of the changeling, the rest of the list looks very solid though. I would personally drop the changling and 2 horrors from the big horror block to boost the second one to 17 giving them access to gift of chaos, can cast flickering fire without power pool dice and can take a charge.

Khorne Heralds on juggers are cool, although I think the khorne chariot also has a lot of utility- yes he will be an easier target, but as bsb and with the banner of victory he can break units by himself or happily tie a unit up for more or less the whole game. Even if it loses instability tests you can simply put the wounds on the chariot.