PDA

View Full Version : Sprit Hosts?

Loopstah
30-05-2008, 20:37
An interesting question I noticed on the VC forum.

Can spirit hosts be joined by a vampire with the Spectral Form power?

I can't find anything anywhere that would prohibit this.

Malorian
30-05-2008, 21:52
I seem to remember that a character can't join swarms... but I'm not sure if a sprit host is defined as a swarm...

EvC
30-05-2008, 21:57
Heh, in that case, a Spectral Form Vampire can indeed join Spirit Hosts- as the new FAQ removed the "Swarm" rule from Spirit Hosts, adding that it was redundant. Nice one GW ;)

SuperBeast
30-05-2008, 22:12
Book not to hand, but i believe that the ethereal BL power specifies the vampire may not join units at all?

Probably wrong...

melgorth
30-05-2008, 23:33
He is allowed join with ethereal units, just not normal units:)

Lost_In_Lustria
01-06-2008, 14:50
VC book not clear either way.

It wouldn't bother me as an opponent. Don't know what they'd say at a tournament, but given the amount of Daemon armies that will be kicking about this year, Spectral Vampires (with no magic armour, talismans etc) are probably not such a good idea.

Loopstah
01-06-2008, 15:07
On a related note I was wondering, if the ethereal vampire had access to Wind of Undeath would he be able to form up the Spirit Hosts created as a unit touching him and automatically join it? Or would he need to form the unit then join in in his own movement phase?

Faustburg
01-06-2008, 18:19
Characters can join units by moving into contact with them, not the other way around, so no.

Spirit
03-06-2008, 15:59
VC book not clear either way.

It wouldn't bother me as an opponent. Don't know what they'd say at a tournament, but given the amount of Daemon armies that will be kicking about this year, Spectral Vampires (with no magic armour, talismans etc) are probably not such a good idea.

Spectral form allows a vampire to join ethereal units.

Characters can join a non swarm unit.

Spirit hosts are not swarms, as shown in the new FAQ

Base size has nothing to do with joining units.

How is this not clear?