PDA

View Full Version : Beasts of Nurgle

TheMav80
30-05-2008, 23:49
Wow. Just...wow. I've had some hard to assemble models in the past. But this....these guys take the cake. They aren't just hard to assemble. I've got a pile of parts here and I don't even know what the hell they are! Is that a foot? I don't know!

I think I'm just going to glue the damned thing together haphazardly in a pile. That ought to look sufficiently Nurgle-esque.

:mad:

Dark Primus
31-05-2008, 00:50
And I just have load of them just waiting to be assembled :( I hope it wont take forever for just one model.

kaimarion
31-05-2008, 01:11
Have you ever tryed building a dreadclaw or a bloodthirster :cries: .......the bloody warhound is easier to build.

RevenantX
31-05-2008, 01:32
I feel your pain...I have like, 5 Space Marine Landspeeders (Ravenwing Armeh).

kaimarion
31-05-2008, 01:37
Didn't think landspeeders were that hard to build! Well I'll find out tomorrow how hard the damn nurgle beastie is to bulid.....well thats if I find those damn side cutters :p .

kishvier
31-05-2008, 01:50
It better not be as hard to build as one of the metal chaos dreadnoughts...hell it takes more greenstuff and glue than metal to keep it together...

Captin Korea!
31-05-2008, 01:56
Koot-tox's were fun to make. 1/2 a bottle of glue and a ton of GS is needed to make the bloody parts just fit!

kishvier
31-05-2008, 01:59
Same with chaos dread, too many large gaps and thin heavy parts. On top of that I had a terribly miscast model, so my personal chaos dread had to undergo extreme drilling for both arm sockets and reconstruction of the body...simply horrifying...

Wraithbored
31-05-2008, 02:37
I still have 20 gargoyles left to assemble...

Sidstyler
31-05-2008, 02:47
Heh, add to the fact that the beast of Nurgle is a horrible-looking model in the first place and it's even worse. Serioulsy, that and the fiend look like huge steps backward, not just based on "classic imagery" but like it was a 20+ year old mold they dug out to use again. I'd never buy one of either, especially at that price.

I've got a pile of parts here and I don't even know what the hell they are! Is that a foot? I don't know!

Heh, maybe that's how they wanted it. Nothing really "goes" anywhere, just glue them on until you're satisfied. :p

And yes, I can attest to that, the krootox is a HORRIBLE model. The worst. Not only are they practically useless in game but they're so difficult to put together it's really not worth it.

Chem-Dog
31-05-2008, 02:52
....the fiend look like huge steps backward, not just based on "classic imagery" but like it was a 20+ year old mold they dug out to use again. I'd never buy one of either, especially at that price.

OOh no it's new model, the old fiend (I have one) is way smaller than the new one (one of which I also own). Problem is everyone tells me I've put it's legs on backwards :(
The Fiend is lovely, honestly. But I wouldn't buy them either if it wasn't for the superb discount I get on them.

As for the beast, I looked at one in the blister and couldn't make sense of it at all :S

Sidstyler
31-05-2008, 03:02
I wasn't implying that it was literally an old model, just saying that it's an 80's quality sculpt, and they expect people to pay full price for them. As if.

Could they seriously not do any better?

Ambu
31-05-2008, 03:06
I feel your pain...I have like, 5 Space Marine Landspeeders (Ravenwing Armeh).

Yeah these are a pain, often the plastic is warped in such a way that the pieces don't fit together well and to use green stuff to fill the gaps makes the model look bad. I have to agree on the dreadnaught arms as well, they are a bane to me.

T_55
31-05-2008, 03:13
I quite like the fact that they've gone backwards and redone the old models. In my opinion they are some of the most colourful models in the deamons codex (i think almost everything else is pretty boring and streamlined these days). The Beasts of Nurgle are hard to put together though, i looked at one at my local store and it took me a good 10 minutes of scrutiny to figure out its structure.

Earthbeard
31-05-2008, 12:33
I like the beast model....always ahve in all it's various guises.

But i've still got 2 to assemble, these things are like some esoteric puzzle, i'm scared if I do finally assemble the thing, a portal will open and some cenobite or something will come steal my soul.

The_Dragon_Rising
31-05-2008, 13:10
Tch its a beast of nurgle people, its not designed to win Miss Chaos 2008 :rolleyes:

Easy beast of nurgle- drop modelling putty on a base, stab, slam and slap it a few times- give it some eyes...done...

TimLeeson
31-05-2008, 16:00
I like the beast model....always ahve in all it's various guises.

But i've still got 2 to assemble, these things are like some esoteric puzzle, i'm scared if I do finally assemble the thing, a portal will open and some cenobite or something will come steal my soul.

I agree, I like it too allthough I wouldnt personally buy any myself. I find it a great breath of fresh air to have things that arent the same old 2-arms, 2-legs :rolleyes:

sprugly
31-05-2008, 16:32
i have to agree with not liking the model much. i think if i ever decide to get 1 for my daemons i'll just convert some spawn models a bit

sprugly

Gaftra
31-05-2008, 16:58
is the beast worse than the old metal chaos spawn? i STILL dont know if that things is put together right! the krrotox is also probably one of the weirest molds ive ever seen. who splits a lagre base metal model length wise?!?!

TheMav80
31-05-2008, 17:11
Well it took me, probably, about 5 minutes to figure how the thing was supposed to go together. I was never taught non-euclidean geometry in school. ;)

One of my blisters was pretty bad as far as extra flash and stuff was concerned. Took a lot of clipping anf filing. The other was fine. It could have just been mine, but I really had to make sure I washed them off first. Get rid of all that powder on them or the glue will never set. So after i washed and sprayed them black for an undercoat they actually glued together really easily. There were some small gaps, but nothing too bad. Gaps don't matter much on a Beast of Nurgle anyways. I'll just paint it to look like a large bleeding gash.

The Fiends were much easier to assemble...But I have NO idea how they expect you to get them to stand on those two hind legs. The thing is so front heavy it is ridiculous. Mine will be on all fours or at least based with some sort of rocky outcrop to prop up one front hoof.

----

I used them in a game last night too. A group of 2 each. The Beasts came in first turn and after coming under a large amount of Eldar fire power died right away. I expected T5 5+ Inv and FnP to keep them around longer.

The Fiends did better coming in around turn 4. They weren't as exposed to any fire, so were able to last until my turn. They charged a Wraithlord (I think that is what it is called, big Eldar Monstrous Creature thing, not the Avatar) and with 12 attacks on the charge rended it to pieces!

PondaNagura
31-05-2008, 17:47
jeez, i'm surprised anyone actually bought the BoN...seriously it's probably the result of some lazy intern chucking a rat into rubber molding material, and calling it a day.