PDA

View Full Version : Cash in hand for a low cost eldar flyer...which one?

MrBo114
31-05-2008, 00:57
I would appreciate input from allies and enemies =P

GimpMaster
31-05-2008, 03:05
depends on what yer looking for...

the nightwings are a terrible nuiscance...but easily ignorable...in the grand scheme of large apocalypse games...does a good job at shooting down other aircraft as well...

the void dragon is completely un-ignorable...a TON of points...and just about completely useless vs other aircraft

anything that shoots out 2 str d blast templates is scary as heck....

the phoenix....pfft who cares about transports....the phoenix missile launcher is a joke as well...

Takitron
31-05-2008, 03:33
Falcons. They are fliers too, yaknow!

MrBo114
31-05-2008, 03:45
Falcons. They are fliers too, yaknow!

i have enough of those thank you ;)

chaos0xomega
31-05-2008, 05:13
I voted Nightwing, but Void Dragon is just as good. I say Nightwing, cuz if I remember right, you can get 2 for slightly more than the price of 1 Void Dragon (IIRC). It can easily handle other aircraft, and once the skies are cleared, it can go tank hunting!

Hellebore
31-05-2008, 06:53
I go on aesthetics, so I'd go with the phoenix.

The nightwing looks too squashed front to back it needs to be longer. It also looks fat...

Hellebore

sigur
31-05-2008, 07:09
I go on aesthetics, so I'd go with the phoenix.

Seconded. It's a FW model so it's going to spend WAY more time on your shelf than in games and you will spend much more time watching and painting it than rolling dice to see how much damage it dishes out.

Sildani
31-05-2008, 09:27
Nightwing. Hey, I like how mine looks... [img=http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/4750/nightwingsskullwu9.th.jpg] (http://img110.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nightwingsskullwu9.jpg)

Its bright lances make it the best tank hunter of the three as well. Makes no sense, I grant you, but there it is.

Gimpmaster: the thing that can fire two Str D blasts is the Vampire Hunter. The transport is the Vampire Raider. And I agree, compared to what it used to be, the Phoenix missile launchers stink.

MrBo114
31-05-2008, 19:23
i like that nightwing sildani you got the proportions on the skull just right =)

Exarch7
31-05-2008, 19:31
Not much beats a Nightwing when it comes to air superiority. I have been considering whether I should get a Nightwing, a Scorpion, or a Revenant. I am leaning towards the Revenent but I may get a Nightwing to tide me over till I can get together the money for the Revenant. The big crazy stuff is one of the most compelling reasons to play apocalypse for me.

Rioghan Murchadha
31-05-2008, 21:08
It also looks fat...

Hellebore

Hey... Fatties need love too! ;)