PDA

View Full Version : Empire marker help wanted...

vinush
31-05-2008, 08:12
Hi all, was wanting some help with making markers for my Empire army.

Their background is that they are a provincial army from Sylvania, their true leader is a Vampire (but he never joins them for battle because of rules issues).

I was thinking of maybe a stake with one of Asdrubael Vect's slaves chained to it, or a couple of Headstones from the skeleton box, but I think that's a bit dull...

Any ideas or help people could give me would be wonderful.

Thanks in advance.

\/ince.

Briscoe
31-05-2008, 16:02
The first thing to come to mind for me was some kind of torch or brazier with a magical (maybe blue or green) flame. Sorta like something out of Castlevania or the first part of Bram Stoker's Dracula (as I recall).

If you're going with an Empire army, I would assume that you don't want it too vampirey so I would go for creepy low key items. Maybe a statue of your vampire (if he looks like a normal guy).

Aurellis
31-05-2008, 16:17
Theres nothing stopping you using your Vampire model and using him as a 'counts as' Empire General.

Rodman49
01-06-2008, 04:42
Theres nothing stopping you using your Vampire model and using him as a 'counts as' Empire General.

Except that would feel wrong. Vampires are badass, Empire Generals are not badass.

Leogun_91
01-06-2008, 10:04
Except that would feel wrong. Vampires are badass, Empire Generals are not badass.
But a templar grandmaster could fit as a fighty vampire thrall.

vinush
01-06-2008, 11:02
I tend not to mount generals unless I have to.

Someone suggested using Kurt Helborg's rules for my Vampire. I'm tempted, but again, don't really like mounting generals.

I like the flaming brazier idea.

Any more ideas for markers?

\/ince.

ehlijen
01-06-2008, 13:01
Statues or shrines to Mort (is that the god of the dead in warhammer?) maybe? Not full blown coffins or the like, but just enough obsession with the world of the dead to suggest that maybe something is wrong with the regiment?

An igor? A parked black coach?

Griefbringer
01-06-2008, 13:04
Morr is not really super-fond of vampires and undead, though.

Parked coach sounds like a good idea, however.

Häxjägare
01-06-2008, 17:13
Books! Stacked books or a well-painted necromancy book on a stone or something might look good, a bit minimalistic but fitting imho.