PDA

View Full Version : "Huanchi's blessed totem" and fleeing enemies

One-S
31-05-2008, 09:51
I came across this situation in one of my last battles.
My opponent had a character in a chariot that was fleeing.
I moved my saurus cav 1 inch away from it and triggered the huanchi totem.
What happens next?

The huanchi totem says:

"The unit may use this banner ones a game, at the start of any Lizardmen magic fase. The unit moves directly forward up to D6 inch. If it runs into an enemy unit , it counts as charging in the next close combat fase. The enemy may not make any charge reaction".

Here are some possebilities:

- does the charged character flee further and the saurus cav pursues what remains of his D6 inch move.

- does the character flee further and the saurus cav pursues what remains of their 14 inch charge move.

- does the character hold (magic effect of totem), and fight normal

- does the character hold (magic effect of totem), and fight, but flees automaticly at the end of combat

- Is the character slain because it needs to flee but can't because off the magic banner (The saurus cav overruns the remaining D6 inches)

- Is the character slain because it needs to flee but can't because off the magic banner (The saurus cav overruns 3 D6 inches)

- some other possebility?

We let a judge decide, but before I give his judgement, I want to hear your thoughts.

WLBjork
31-05-2008, 09:59
The only option allowed by the "Subsequent Actions of Fleeing Troops" on page 46 is the first option.

So in that case, I guess the Judge went for either the second option or the sixth option :D

Malcador
31-05-2008, 10:40
I'd say option 1, the character flees further, and you pursue the d6 inch, catching and killing him if he rolls 5 or less (with you being 1 inch away). It just seems the right thing, you pursuing 14 inch isn't really logical

EvC
31-05-2008, 12:01
It's one of those wonky situations. Even holding is a charge reaction, so fleeing is as valid as holding. To that end, I'd say they have to flee as per P46. I'm sure others will disagree.

Condottiere
31-05-2008, 12:37
Are we voting? This seems to lie outside the normal course, but I'd have to go with option 1, the fleeing character flees further, and charging unit completes his D6" move.

However, if it is a failed charged, wouldn't that be 50% off?:eyebrows:

Gazak Blacktoof
31-05-2008, 23:06
I agree, the character flees so solution 1 should be applied.

There's no option for a fleeing unit to remain stationary when charged, they automatically run.

One-S
03-06-2008, 21:47
I can see the logic in option 1, the judge however found option 5 the way to go.
Lucky me;)