PDA

View Full Version : Magic Items and you, A question on Item purchases

DarkAvatar
31-05-2008, 11:27
I'm fairly new to fantasy (having migrated here from 40K upon discovering its more tactical nature) and had a question about magic items

If an item is a named item (for example: "The book of Arkahn") can multiple instances of it exist in a single army?

My fluff brain says no, but there seems to be no rule exactly to this accord

what are your fellows thoughts on this?

Condottiere
31-05-2008, 11:45
No.

All magic items are unique per army list.

The exceptions are Power Stones, Dispel Scrolls, Magic Mushrooms.:cool:

DarkAvatar
31-05-2008, 11:55
What about common magic items like "Sword of Striking" ?

Condottiere
31-05-2008, 12:25
What about common magic items like "Sword of Striking" ?

They are common in the sense that any army list may use them.

The rest are specific to army book.

DarkAvatar
31-05-2008, 13:01
So in other words to sum up

Could I buy two Orc heroes and give them each swords of striking?

Could I buy to Vampire count necromancers and give them each a "The book of Arkahn" ?

Bloodknight
31-05-2008, 13:21
No and no.
You can take each magic item only once with the exception of scrolls and some items that have it in their rules, that you can take more of them.

Condottiere
31-05-2008, 13:23
So in other words to sum up

Could I buy two Orc heroes and give them each swords of striking?

Could I buy to Vampire count necromancers and give them each a "The book of Arkahn" ?

No, and no.

Unless it specifically states otherwise in your army book, you are to assume that each is a unique item, that can only be issued once.

Check out page 120 of the BRB, for a preciser, conciser and more elegant explanation.:o

DarkAvatar
31-05-2008, 13:58
Thanks for the help/clarification guys

The rule is just as my fluffy brain thought

Shallowain
31-05-2008, 19:26
It should be noted, that demons don't have this limitation. They have ruleswise not even magic Items. All items demons can take are only unit upgrades, just like mundane weapons/armour.

Condottiere
31-05-2008, 19:39
It should be noted, that demons don't have this limitation. They have ruleswise not even magic Items. All items demons can take are only unit upgrades, just like mundane weapons/armour.

That's why the High Elven players were upset when Honours were removed - no more Seer Councils.:cheese: