PDA

View Full Version : bear's anger question

huitzilopochtli
31-05-2008, 12:05
ok, i've just iscovered that casting bear's anger on a skink chief makes him absolutely brutal. now i have a question relating to that.

i'm not sure if this has been asked before, so apologies if it has, but can you cast bear's anger on the same character twice?

the spell does not say you cannot, but it doesn't say you can. i would say you can, but that the effects do not stack, it's just harder to dispell in your opponents magic phase.

thoughts?

Abhorash
31-05-2008, 12:08
I dont think it does anything more when casted 2 times...
If it does my vampire will be even more brutal.
flaming sword of ruin and bears anger on 1 character, now THAT is brutal.

Condottiere
31-05-2008, 12:31
ok, i've just iscovered that casting bear's anger on a skink chief makes him absolutely brutal. now i have a question relating to that.

i'm not sure if this has been asked before, so apologies if it has, but can you cast bear's anger on the same character twice?

the spell does not say you cannot, but it doesn't say you can. i would say you can, but that the effects do not stack, it's just harder to dispell in your opponents magic phase.

thoughts?

Sure you can - just remember that the effects don't stack and only the last cast spell actually functions.:cries:

huitzilopochtli
31-05-2008, 12:58
yes i can see that the effects wouldn't stack, but say for example i cast it on my chief twice; in my opponents magic phase, would they have to dispell it twice to take away his extra power?

Condottiere
31-05-2008, 13:03
yes i can see that the effects wouldn't stack, but say for example i cast it on my chief twice; in my opponents magic phase, would they have to dispell it twice to take away his extra power?

No, they only have to dispel one remains in play spell (the last one), since the first dissolved automatically with the successful casting of the second.

Life is tough.:angel:

huitzilopochtli
31-05-2008, 13:13
gods darn it!

oh well, thanks for your replies, i'll have to think up new idea to keep my skinks newfound power.

Nurgling Chieftain
31-05-2008, 18:26
I don't think that's correct; the bonuses don't stack, but the spells don't automatically dissolve each other, either. So your opponent would have to dispel both of them to prevent you from getting the effect.

Of course, it would have to have been cast by two different wizards...

Caboose123
31-05-2008, 18:32
No, they only have to dispel one remains in play spell (the last one), since the first dissolved automatically with the successful casting of the second.

Life is tough.:angel:

Nope.

That would only happen if the same priest cast both bears anger, right?

(Why not bears anger a saurus oldblood! :D

Condottiere
31-05-2008, 18:57
Nope.

That would only happen if the same priest cast both bears anger, right?

(Why not bears anger a saurus oldblood! :D

That wouldn't happen, since as a RiP spell, the same caster will be concentrating on maintaining the spell.

However, we always played it as the same spell would be useless to cast twice on the same model, as it took over. That would be logical, but logic doesn't always have to be correct in Warhammer.

EvC
31-05-2008, 20:45
Fortuantely, the FAQ released like two years ago has already said it can't be done.

][nquist0r
01-06-2008, 00:05
I dont think it does anything more when casted 2 times...
Flaming sword of ruin and bears anger on 1 character, now THAT is brutal.

...And utter illegal. Flaming sword of Rhuin counts as a weapon, and bears anger disallows any weapon from being used. So while you could have both spells on a character you would only get the benifits of bears anger... Nice try though!:cheese::cheese::cheese:

theunwantedbeing
01-06-2008, 00:10
Each would cancel out the other, rather than both being in effect at the same time.
So only 1 would actually be in effect, that 1 being the latter of the 2 spells cast upon the target.

][nquist0r
01-06-2008, 00:11
I agree, I was just about to edit my post to say that counterspell would apply to this combo. *shrug*

Nurgling Chieftain
01-06-2008, 03:30
Fortuantely, the FAQ released like two years ago has already said it can't be done.
More specifically, it says the effects don't stack. :cool: