PDA

View Full Version : BoC Slaanesh Minotaur Army

ebolatheripe
22-10-2005, 06:05
I don't have the list in front of me so excuse any misspellings but it is something like this:

Doom Bull- Mark of Slaanesh, Scimitar of skultar, Crimson armour of Dargon

Bray Shamen- Mark of Slaanesh, Dispel Scroll, Spell Familiar

Bray Shamen- Mark of Slaanesh, Dispel Scroll, Power Stones

3 Minotaurs-Mark of Slaanesh, Bloodkine, Great Weapons, Light armour

3 Minotaurs-Mark of Slaanesh, Bloodkine, Add. hand weapons, Light armour

2 Spawn- Fiends of Slaanesh

1 Chaos Giant- Mutant Monstrosity (I think that's what it's called)

The two shamans join a Minotaur unit each. The doom bull joins a unit or roams free as needed. The Chaos Giant is placed in the center of my line to draw shooting and hold the center if I'm not playing a shooty army. My hope is that the enemy won't be able to protect both his/or her flanks from two or three units of Minotaurs closing in fast. Hoping that Slaanesh magic can help me with that;) .The Spawn are there to intercept any swarms or enemy units trying to delay the Minotaurs. I have Questions about this list though:

1. Should the Min. units be 3 strong or four strong or more? I know against a shooty army they will get shot up, but with their speed and if I use one unit to screen on each flank, will there still be enough of them left in a unit to make a difference?

2. Should only the Min. with GWeapons have A Bloodkine, or vice versa?

3. Of course with no ranked units I'm hoping for lots of flank charges. With there speed (Slaanesh magic) and the small unit size will I be able to maneuver them very easily?

4. Will the light armour help at all or should I get rid of it?

I have been playing 40k for a long time but this is my first attempt at a Fantasy list so please correct me on any tactical assumtions I have made. Please be specific with advise as that is what will realy help me.:D

Markconz
24-10-2005, 23:42
Use units of 4 minotaurs... Not as effective without some little guys to screen etc I think...

blurred
25-10-2005, 09:13
Doom Bull- Mark of Slaanesh, Scimitar of skultar, Crimson armour of Dargon

I'm not sure, but I think doombull is not allowed to have a magical armour. Maybe someone can verify this.

samw
25-10-2005, 20:37
No, only magic weapons. In addition don't take the scimitar, take a decent magic weapon (blade of blood, slaughterer's blade) or just a great weapon.

Also, don't put the shamans in the minotaur unit, you gain nothing and they're slower, making your units less manoueverable.

ebolatheripe
26-10-2005, 00:04
No, only magic weapons. In addition don't take the scimitar, take a decent magic weapon (blade of blood, slaughterer's blade) or just a great weapon.

Also, don't put the shamans in the minotaur unit, you gain nothing and they're slower, making your units less manoueverable.

Yeah I didn't have the list in front of me. I thought something was wrong there about the armour. I will take the advice about the magic weapon but the Doombull seams so weak compared to most armies lords choices. Is he realy a weak choice for a lord or do his stats make up for it?

I will also keep the shaman independant then. I was hoping to give them more survivability by putting them in the units but I see your point.

Shaggoths_Rock
19-06-2006, 12:50
I'd say drop the armour on them and the bloodkins theyre wastse of points and also maybe drop a couple of whole units of minos to get some hounds to screen

Your Mum Rang
19-06-2006, 14:03
Yeah. As you have MoS you don't need to worry about the Hounds panicking yourr Mino's.

Trunks
20-06-2006, 03:13
I will also keep the shaman independant then. I was hoping to give them more survivability by putting them in the units but I see your point.

Due to having a different base size than the minotaurs, the shamans wouldn't be any more survivable. The enemy could still pick them out.

If you want more survivability, get a herd or two to make them run around near (not neccessarily in the herd). Otherwise, they need to run around behind your other units.

You do not need the champions in those units at all except possibly in one unit for the Doombull to join so that you have a guy other than your Doombull to accept challenges. Look at how many points all of those champions are costing you, you could easily get a few more units of minotaurs in there with those points, or better yet, some hounds or herds.

Overall, I like my regiments of minotaurs four strong with great weapons, but a few units here or there that are three strong or that have two hand weapons do not hurt. There are times when two hand weapons are better than a great weapon, so it doesn't hurt to have those kinds of units.

I really think this list could use some hounds. They are cheap and disposable. While running my own Doombull lead slaanesh army, I find them highly valuable. A herd or two really could help out too, that's what I've found. It's all about giving yourself some more tactical options.

Gerbil
23-06-2006, 07:14
The Doombull can only take a weapon upgrade - so give him something nasty!

I find that monsters like this (e.g. Ogres and Dragon Ogres) work the best in units of 4 for the main 'assualt' units. Units of 3 work really well as the support units or disposable units.

Your list will benefit greatly from some added flexibility of dogs and beast herds. Otherwise you have only one solution for every problem encountered - and it may not fit.