PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Warriors Codex

roflcopter 9000
31-05-2008, 18:48
I stopped playing fantasy for a year and was kinda shocked to see my army Hordes of Chaos did not exist any more. My whole idea was to make an army followers of Khorne. Now they are warriors of chaos and dont even have a codex.

I have 3 questions:

Will I still be able to use bloodletters in my army? the new models look so sick :(

When will the Warriors of Chaos army book come out?

Why would GW split Hordes of Chaos and not make a army book for the warriors?

if someone could help answer these question that would be great.

giner
31-05-2008, 19:19
1. No, you will not be able to use bloodletters. Ask your opponent if they mind if you use them, if it is a tourney or GW store won't be allowed. They are in the daemons of chaos army book.

2. Look in the rumours forum. However there are rules for mortals in the current WD.

3. No one really knows, probably to flesh out the daemons though.

One last thing some people will get annoyed at you using the word codex in place of army book.

Big TM
31-05-2008, 19:46
One last thing some people will get annoyed at you using the word codex in place of army book.

yeah, like me:mad:

1. no, not without specific permission to ally with another army.
2.october or december (im not sure which)
3. they did as giner said, its in the new white dwarf

have a look round the rumor threads to find out about the new warrior ARMY BOOK

Garanaul the Black
31-05-2008, 19:57
2.october or december (im not sure which)

I had heard it was due out in November.

Heres a link to a compilation of whats floating around the net so far:

http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127431

2. Look in the rumours forum.

Always a good idea but...

However there are rules for mortals in the current WD.

....this is what you need to get your hands on to be 'official' until the book is released. The list is supposed to make an appearance on the GW site at some point.

G

Nightsword
31-05-2008, 20:03
1. You could just ignore the get you by list for now and play with the current hordes book until November. There are rumours abound that chosen are going to be a separate units, or that there will be a unit choice for those on the way to spawndom, so you could use your bloodletters to represent them when the time comes (perhaps with a little conversion).

2. November

3. These things are done a long in advance, so a new hordes book is coming, don't panic. They're not likely to release two armies in one month, so hordes had to come later. GW felt that daemons had become too diluted, and the focus had moved off of them. The article in may's WD talks about the reasons for the book.

isidril93
31-05-2008, 20:29
1 you can use bloodletters anyway in friendlies via the legendary battles rules but warn your opponent before hand

2 november

3 they split them up because daemons were becoming the elites for a chaos army when they had their own elites anyway (chosen, etc...) and by time the daemons were losing out quite a bit since mortlas were taking up all the space

Helbracht
31-05-2008, 20:58
I thought the official Warriors of Chaos book was going to have some magic item that allowed daemons and/or beasts.

theunwantedbeing
31-05-2008, 21:22
The official book isnt out yet so your rumour may yet turn out to be true Helbracht.

Lordsaradain
31-05-2008, 21:29
The official book isnt out yet so your rumour may yet turn out to be true Helbracht.

For the sake of all chaos players I sure hope so.

Gazak Blacktoof
31-05-2008, 21:37
If you want to use your models in the mean time the temporary list is here (http://warseer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2658019&postcount=323).