PDA

View Full Version : Daemonette unit sizes

giner
31-05-2008, 19:29
Just wondering what you consider as the most effective unit size point for point for daemonettes is. This is as a line unit not a filler or anything similar.

I was thinking that going for 18 in a 6x3 formation would be quite good.

One last thing this is not a place to argue which is the best core or to not spend points on core.

Nabeshin1106
31-05-2008, 20:15
I run 2 squads of 15 with a Herald in each, and they seem to do fine.

10 Feels a little too low, 20 seems a bit much. You may be on the dot doing 18, I haven't tried that out yet.

Selsaral
31-05-2008, 21:51
Personally I don't like going wider than 5 because it slows them down (everytime they have to wheel, particularly during a charge). With their native 6 move they can be pleasantly fast for infantry. Also, they don't fight well enough for me to want to sacrifice speed to get more into combat.

I've used 15 and 20. I find they take less missile fire than other daemons because they are perceived as pretty weak (they kind of are), but their speed almost always makes enemies pay in the end. I find that when the time for combat finally comes they do actually need some serious rank bonus to be competitive.

sulla
31-05-2008, 23:52
I haven't had any luck playing large units yet.

Bear in mind that i have been playing vs vamps and their magic enhanced core troops absolutely eat any daemon core they come up against. The heralds are just easy meat for the same troops too due to their puny toughness and armour saves.

The best units so far have been 10's with the banner of ecstacy; march up towards the enemy, align on a silly angle, hopefully survive long enough to take the overrun out of the equation and expose the enemy block to a nasty countercharge by one of my hard hitters like a GD or flesh hounds or my Khorne herald on jugger with his decent armour and ton of KB attacks.

Gralph!?!
01-06-2008, 01:34
i have found 3 units of 15 daemonettes, one with a herald and 2 without to be a pretty hardcore set up. as 3 units that are in your face rather quickly tends to put alot of worry on the opponents face. i played against a dwarf army th other day and the fact that i was in combat after 2 turns was a bit of a shock for him it means he had no shooting to do against me. but saying that the daemonettes really do need some support in those numbers.