PDA

View Full Version : Warmammoth in new HOC

inq.serge
01-06-2008, 10:12
Do you know/think that the FW Warmammoth will be usable in the new HOC? And if so, would it be good to take one? (Or should I use Ordinary troops instead for the pts?)

Despiser
01-06-2008, 10:38
I would love to see the Chaos mammoth in the new list, but unfortunately, the thing is too big and too expensive (both in points and money) to be used in a standard game.

Maybe they could make a smaller, less powerful version of the mammoth. I would trade it for the hellcannon any time.

If they don't however, you could used the rules for the Chaos giant instead, they are very similar to those of the mammoth, and giants are definately worth their points.

Lorcryst
01-06-2008, 12:13
Not a single mention of it in the Get-You-By list, not a hint in the old HoC book, and a big "maybe" for the new WoC book in november ...

But, like all ForgeWolrd's models, it's rules are on the FW website, and specifically states that you must ask your opponent's consent before using them ...

So, if you have the cash for one, and your opponents agree to you using one, nothing stops you from it ... if you can find a way to tailor your army list around a 600 points monster that takes TWO rare slots, and must come with an unit of 20 Marauders, plus the character needed to take it as a mount ...

Personnaly, I'd rather take Giants and more "basic" units, but I guess it's down to personnal preferences.

Kronos
01-06-2008, 12:28
Just thinking here, what about a chaos war-rhinox, could be similar in stats and rules to the stegadon. I was thinking of converting one, an using and Ork Chariot as the base for the Howdah, though i never got around to buying either of the miniatures.

Lordsaradain
01-06-2008, 12:37
I seriously doubt that the chaos war mammoth will make an appearance in the new Warriors of Chaos book. There have been no rumour to confirm such a suspicion adn it is simply too big a monster to be used in normal games.

But... the model is absolutely amazing. If I ever pulled myself together and ordered something from FW it would proably be a Chaos War Mammoth.

Gimp
01-06-2008, 12:45
A smaller Warmammoth would cool maybe at around 350-400 points.

Urgat
01-06-2008, 13:42
Not a single mention of it in the Get-You-By list, not a hint in the old HoC book, and a big "maybe" for the new WoC book in november ...

A big maybe? I think even that is being way too optimistic :p

theunwantedbeing
01-06-2008, 13:53
Oh it'll be usable...as a CORE choice.
It'll be 70points nad have the following rules.

mv6 ws5 bs0 st6 to7 wo12435234526 in3 atS ld10
Stubborn, large target, terror, unit strength higehr than your opponents's ALWAYS
You'll be able to put anything on top of it and it'll get a 2+ re-rollable armour save and a 2+ re-rollable ward save in addition to it's normal saves.
It'll do 4D9 impact hits at strenght 10 in addition to a whole bunch of attacks...one of which being a "whip" attack with it's trunk where you hit a model in the front rank and carefully caclulate the trajectory using scatter dice and randomising the distance thrown.

In short, no..the war mammoth will not feature in the new chaos book.
It may get new forgeworld rules but these will be utterly rediculous like the last set of rules FW made up.

Oenghus
01-06-2008, 13:56
Jokes aside, that whip attack sounds kinda fun.

theunwantedbeing
01-06-2008, 13:58
that whip attack sounds kinda fun.

No it doesnt.

Lordsaradain
01-06-2008, 14:11
one of which being a "whip" attack with it's trunk where you hit a model in the front rank and carefully caclulate the trajectory using scatter dice and randomising the distance thrown.

Hehe. Did you make up those rules yourself?
Sounds so random in a funny way that it would be great if something with this rule would be implemented into the O&G army maybe. :P

inq.serge
01-06-2008, 14:13
I know it won't be in, I was just wondering if it would be usable with the FW rues in a HoC army.

Lorcryst
01-06-2008, 14:46
I know it won't be in, I was just wondering if it would be usable with the FW rues in a HoC army.

Yes, like I wrote higher up, with your opponent's consent and the current FW rules, downloadable of FW's website.

In fact, just like it is right now ... nothing changed for that model (except perhaps the point costs of the mandatory Marauder unit and Character it needs to be fielded with).

inq.serge
01-06-2008, 19:49
Yes, like I wrote higher up,

And I didn't wrote a ? :p:)

However, is the mammoth worth taking? I could take some units of marauders, chosen, warriors and or knights, are they better? They don't seem to be very "monster slay"-y, the mammoth seems better (somewhat).

DeadjesterX
01-06-2008, 21:21
I'm probably being too optimistic here, but there is a chance it might make it into the new book. If it did, GW would have to make a smaller, less powerful version of it and the model wouldn't look as nice as the FW one.

My only reasoning for thinking it *might* make it into the new Warriors books is because they'll have to include new units into the book to make up for the lack of daemons.

Just because there hasn't been any rumors about it doesn't mean it's not in the works. We all know that any rumors that get posted here must be taken with a large amount of salt anyway. (Example: Plastic greatcoat guard :) )