PDA

View Full Version : Painting The Knights Of Dol Amroth

Guard Of The Citadel
01-06-2008, 15:25
After priming the model black, paint the armour with Chainmail and Shining Gold in the appropriate areas (plate mail, chain mail, shield, lance tip, etc.). Overbrush areas of chain mail with Chainmail and make sure to leave areas of black in the meshed recesses. Paint the saddle, stirrups, belt, straps, and lance haft with Scorched Brown. Paint the horse's barding with Regal Blue. Paint the shield (not the device) and banner with Enchanted Blue. Paint the horse's skin with Codex Grey.

Paint the silver armour with a watered-down coat of Blue Ink. Allow this wash to dry fully before continuing. Paint the reins, the Knight's garments, the caparison (the cloth that runs down the horse's barding), the horse's teeth, and the device on the shield with Fortress Grey. Paint the inside of the horse's barding with a 3:1 mix of Fortress Grey and Enchanted Blue. Highlight the horse's skin with Fortress Grey. Paint the saddle, stirrups, belt, straps, and lance haft with a 1:1 mix of Scorched Brown and Dwarf Flesh. Paint the Knight's face with the same 1:1 mixture.

Paint the reins, the Knight's garments, the caparison, the horse's teeth, and the device on the shield with Skull White. Make sure to leave a little Fortress Grey showing through in the folds and cracks. Repaint the silver armour with Chainmail, but keep the paint away from the joins in the plate mail. Highlight the Shining Gold areas with Burnished Gold. Lightly drybrush the hair on the tail and hooves with Codex Grey. Paint the Knight's face with Dwarf Flesh.

Highlight the Chainmail-coated areas with Mithril Silver. Highlight just the edges of the Burnished Gold with a 2:1 mix of Burnished Gold and Mithril Silver. Mix Codex Grey with Chaos Black (2:1) and highlight the gloved hand. Highlight the inside of the horse's barding with a 5:1 mix of Fortress Grey and Enchanted Blue. Highlight the folds of the horse's barding with a 1:1 mix of Enchanted Blue and Regal Blue. Edge the banner with Chaos Black. Once the banner is dry, paint Burnished Gold over it take care to leave a crisp black edge. Highlight the edges of the shield and banner with a 1:1 mix of Enchanted Blue and Skull White.

Highlight the inside of the horse's barding with a 5:1:1 mix of Fortress Grey, Enchanted Blue, and Skull White. Highlight the folds in the horse's barding with a 3:1:1 mix of Enchanted Blue, Regal Blue, and Skull White. Highlight the banner and shield with a 1:2 mix of Enchanted Blue and Skull White. Finish off the face with Elf Flesh. Finally, add details like a white stripe on the horse's barding and a Regal Blue stripe on the Knight's garments.

The Base: Basecoat with a liberal coat of Bestial Brown. Next, overbrush with Snakebite Leather. Lightly drybrush with Bleached Bone and build up the colour with each pass. Finally, paint the edge of the base with Dark Flesh.

Kroot Lord
01-06-2008, 17:14
An excellent article and excellent painting!

My only gripe though is how would armor get a blue-ish tint?

Leviro
01-06-2008, 17:25
Paint the silver armour with a watered-down coat of Blue Ink. Allow this wash to dry fully before continuing.

I think the anser might just be that Kroot Lord.

Exelent painting guide Guard of the Citadel, though i have to admit i just dont like the Knights Of Dol Amroth models

Guard Of The Citadel
02-06-2008, 16:13
Here is the guide for the model on foot

After priming the model black, paint the armour with Chainmail and Shining Gold in the appropriate areas (plate mail, chain mail, shield, sword Crosguard, etc.). Overbrush areas of chain mail with Chainmail and make sure to leave areas of black in the meshed recesses. Paint the belt and the sword handle with Scorched Brown. Paint the shield (not the device) with Enchanted Blue.

Paint the silver armour with a watered-down coat of Blue Ink. Allow this wash to dry fully before continuing. Paint the Knight's garments and the device on the shield with Fortress Grey. Paint the belt and the sword handle with a 1:1 mix of Scorched Brown and Dwarf Flesh. Paint the Knight's face with the same 1:1 mixture.

Paint the Knight's garments and the device on the shield with Skull White. Make sure to leave a little Fortress Grey showing through in the folds and cracks. Repaint the silver armour with Chainmail, but keep the paint away from the joins in the plate mail. Highlight the Shining Gold areas with Burnished Gold. Paint the Knight's face with Dwarf Flesh.

Highlight the Chainmail-coated areas with Mithril Silver. Highlight just the edges of the Burnished Gold with a 2:1 mix of Burnished Gold and Mithril Silver. Mix Codex Grey with Chaos Black (2:1) and highlight the gloved hand. Highlight the edges of the shield with a 1:1 mix of Enchanted Blue and Skull White.

Finish off the face with Elf Flesh. Finally, add details like a Regal Blue stripe on the Knight's garments.

The Base: Basecoat with a liberal coat of Bestial Brown. Next, overbrush with Snakebite Leather. Lightly drybrush with Bleached Bone and build up the colour with each pass. Finally, paint the edge of the base with Dark Flesh.

As you can see the knights are a lot easier to paint on foot :)

Kroot Lord
03-06-2008, 13:41
I think the anser might just be that Kroot Lord.

Exelent painting guide Guard of the Citadel, though i have to admit i just dont like the Knights Of Dol Amroth models

I mean in "real" life, how would a warrior get himself armor that is blue like that?

Solasun
03-06-2008, 13:48
It would be lacquered much like wood is.

Guard Of The Citadel
03-06-2008, 13:48
Yeah they would probarbly lacquere it, just like solasun said :)