-------------------------------------------------------------
Rare

1 Repeater Bolt Thrower 100 pts
1 Repeater Bolt Thrower 100 pts

-------------------------------------------------------------
Casting dice: 6
Dispel dice: 4

total points: 1997

Ok so this is a shot at a list that doesn't include a star dragon and is relatively balanced, the only units I'm purposely leaving out are eagles and shadow warriors as my 2 opponents have no war machines in their lists (wood elves and VC) so the only purpose they serve is march blocking and thus far it's been rather tricky to keep the eagle out of range of the wood elves alter kindred highborn with bow of loren, not to mention all the other shooting they have that turns on a dime to face the poor bird, and the SWs don't fair all that much better so far. The VC list is incredibly magic heavy so its pretty tough to stop all the dances etc that end up with my scouts or eagle getting charged almost no matter where I place them :cries:

getting off topic though, I'm also not entirely sold on the white lion unit, thinking of dropping it for a noble BSB to back up the spearmen and the swordmasters a bit

basic idea is that the large block of spears gets a mage in it with ring of fury and takes the center in most circumstances, the sword masters take a flank while the DPs take the other, RBTs and archers lay down as much fire as possible and the white lions get rammed into the biggest nastiest monsters that look like an issue to hopefully kill or hold them until the DPs can flank charge (main threat for them to look for is the wood elf treeman, I don't think they'll be able to catch the VC varghulf usually but I could always try and get them in his way :p)

one mage will hang back in the archers and likely do little other than kick out drain magic at every opportunity and hold those dispel scrolls, Prince goes with the DPs obv. for the added punch

This is really just a rough idea, the main force behind this is that it means I don't have to buy as many models as I do with some of the other ideas I have kicking around (poor college student ftl :p) but if its really totally terrible and will just be horrid to play with then I'll bite the bullet and do what needs to be done

CC away please and thanks

Papawolf
01-06-2008, 20:26
if u are playing vampire counts often and u have 4 dispel dice and no big hard hitting units that will pretty much annihilate a whole unit including vampire in one or 2 turns then you are going to get mugged tbh

it is good that u are trying a non-broken HE army list i have written one myself recently

but its not balanced because balanced means its not good and its not bad

this is not good and quite bad

beef out some of the elite infantry units and make ur highborn cheaper he doesnt need to be soo expensive

good luck

fubukii
01-06-2008, 20:29
id give the dragon princes the banner of ellyrion instead, being able to fly through terrain features with cav is a nice benefit, much more so then the extra +1

isidril93
01-06-2008, 20:35
you could trade the white lions for another unit of swordmasters since against vamp you will need as many attacks as you can get and dont really need high strenth against units like zombies but against wood elves passing through forest could be quite good so depending on who you play against you should change

you could give the first mage annulian crystal when against vamps and keep your silver wand one when going against wood elves