PDA

View Full Version : Updates to Chaos

fhelvie
01-06-2008, 22:21
I haven't played Fantasy in years--the day the new edition came out to be exact. Let's just say life and work hasn't been the most accommodating. However, this summer looks to be a very wargaming-friendly season!

Anyhow, I read in this month's White Dwarf that my WHFB Chaos army is ALSO going to be facing some drastic changes (much like my 40k Chaos...). I LOVE the new Bloodletter models (old ones looked awful IMO) and the price is actually good from GW (for once). My concern is, however, that I don't want to go buy some Khorne demon models for my Khorne forces if I can't use them.

I've heard that with the new 40k and new Chaos forces, they're simply using generic demon forces so players' armies aren't totally broken. Any idea whether this will be the case for the newly updated WHFB Chaos armies? I can't tell you how bummed I was to hear my Hordes of Chaos army book has been outdated especially when I've also recently found my 40k Chaos, and soon to be 40k rulesbooks have all been outdated as well. When is this going to stop?:wtf:

Master Incarias
01-06-2008, 22:31
It remains doubtful that Mortal Chaos will even be able to use any kind of generic Daemons (as far as I know). And they will most definitely not be able to include the actual Daemons.

fhelvie
02-06-2008, 02:06
Wow, that's thoroughly disappointing. Almost no incentive buy the models other than fun in assembling and painting them.

lol But then again, that's pretty much been my MO the past two year so oh well!

Lorcryst
02-06-2008, 08:35
As far as we know at the moment, the three branches of the Chaos Tree (Mortals, Daemons, Beasts) will be totally separate armies ...

So, while before I had a single Chaos army, now I have 3 bunches of models that cannot form a single legal army list ... yes, I'm bitter.

There was a rumour about two magic items in the future Warriors of Chaos book (coming in November) that could allow you to take Daemons or Beasts (Daemonic Chalice and Beastly Totem, IIRC), but that's only a rumour, we'll have to wait until November to find out ...

Aflo
02-06-2008, 10:09
Depending on hoe profficent you are with plasticard, you could model armour onto the 'letters and use them as warriors of chaos? Wouldn't have any kind of problem with that.

Gorbad Ironclaw
02-06-2008, 12:27
Or just use them as marauders with great weapons or even chaos warriors if you like.

fhelvie
02-06-2008, 15:19
WOW. This is pretty inconsiderate of GW if you think about it--really screwing players over by invalidating armies, leaving players with models they can't play with, and what appears to be a blatant grab for more money.

I'm not trying to be a whiny fanboy, but man! They're not helping any.

AdmiralDick
02-06-2008, 15:42
well, the Army List in this months WD, makes it quite clear that there will be no mixing of mortals and daemons for the time being. which is a kick in the crotch really, considering that even CSM are allowed 'generic' daemons.

Aflo
02-06-2008, 16:48
well, the Army List in this months WD, makes it quite clear that there will be no mixing of mortals and daemons for the time being. which is a kick in the crotch really, considering that even CSM are allowed 'generic' daemons.

There is still a possibility of the magic items mentioned earlier in the thread to allow the player to take a unit(s?) from the daemon/beast list in the November re-release. Really hoping they are in there...

fhelvie
03-06-2008, 02:31
It's just really discouraging. I'd LOVE to buy a unit of Khorne bloodletters, but I don't have any daemons (aside from Spawn) for my Fantasy army. My 40k daemons have all been relegated to generic-dom... ah well.

decker_cky
03-06-2008, 02:33
You could always just use them as warriors with great weapons or something. Get the models if you like them, and in the worst case (which I think is likely), you use them to count as something else.

fhelvie
03-06-2008, 05:31
Yeah, it just feels like more and more of armies are turning into something very different with far more proxies. It's like when I first got into this hobby proxying all sort of others.

Ah well. By the time I get myself all caught up, the school year will be starting back up and I'll be too busy teaching to play again (and the cycle starts anew).