PDA

View Full Version : 1000pts of Bretonia

mrspadge
02-06-2008, 08:48
Hello there!

my first new thread on warseer:cool:

but getting straight into it, i recently started a bretonion army and i was wondering what advice people would give on how to expand it to 2000pts and if it is ok at this points level.

(and apologies, i dont have the book with me at the moment - i cant remember the names of the items the characters have)

1000pts Bretonia:

Hero - Paladin
- Lance (standard lance)
- Magic armour - 6+ armour save, re-roll failed armour saves
- enchanted shield
- royal pegasus
- Grail vow
[combines to a 2+ save, str 6 on the charge, flying unit - used to harras enemy spellcasters and such]

Hero - Paladin
- Battle Standard Bearer (banner= enemy units may not stand and shoot)
- Barded warhorse
[cheap and cheerful standard bearer. i wanted the 100pts magic banner but couldnt justify the costs in a game this small]

Hero - Damsel
- Lv 2 mage
- 2 dispel scrolls
[used to stop the first turns worth of spells, once the knights are in combat and the pegasus has started engaging enemy casters there shouldnt be too much retailiation]

Core - 8 Knights of the realm
- full command

Core - 7 knights of the realm
- full command

Core - 20 Men at arms
- full command
- halberds

Core - 8 peasant archers
- champion

Core - 8 peasant archers
- champion

it probably stands out but this list is just a battalion with an extra box of knights but i would like to know where to go from here :D

macejase
02-06-2008, 13:45
if your using your damsel as defence and 2 scrolls (known as a caddy) why do you need +35pts for level 2, for more power dice. You'd be better off using that elsewhere and staying level 1

mrspadge
02-06-2008, 16:30
if your using your damsel as defence and 2 scrolls (known as a caddy) why do you need +35pts for level 2, for more power dice. You'd be better off using that elsewhere and staying level 1

i had thought about it, the original idea was that with 3 dice (i think the Lv 1 mage can only use 2) i have a reasonable chance of getting a good casting value from her limited number of spells.

unfortunately, my 2 test games were against a high elf magic army (mage on dragon, another mage on horse in a unit of silverhelms) so my measly dice were pretty much discarded.

i will consider what i can get for those points (a vow for the battle standard bearer perhapps(or a better magic banner), or a magic weapon for the Paladin on a pegasus.....?).

what units would you suggest to bump this army to 2000pts?

i like the look of the trebuchet (and my guess range is pretty spot on usually) and grail knights seem pretty awesome (though not that tough for an opponent to kill if they decide they want them dead)......

i'm trying not to go for an all cavalry army - the peasant models are pretty cool (especially the men at arms :cool: ) but i will most likely need quite a few more.

pistolwhip
03-06-2008, 01:36
Thank you. By forcing me to look up what i thought was illiagle i now see i can cary 2 dispell scrolls. hell yeah.