02-06-2008, 09:01
2k Dwarf Gunline :

505: Thorek, kraggi and anvil
145: 10 Thunderers (musician)
140: 10 Thunderers
120: Grudgethrower (engineer, RoAccuracy)
130: Grudgethrower (engineer, RoAccuracy, RoReloading)
135: Grudgethrower (engineer, RoAccuracy, RoReloading, RoBurning)
145: Grudgethrower (engineer, RoAccuracy, RoPenetrating)
120: Organ Gun
140: Flame Cannon
----
----

BigRob
02-06-2008, 09:08
Now will it beat your invincible summoning undead army?

Problem with gunlines as usual is random terrain placement ie woods in the way or no hill for you, Scouts, Sneaky movers like Gorgers, Miners and Ambushers. Flying circus armies, Brettonians, Heavy Cavalry Empire, Terror Causers, High Magic Pixie Elves, the list continues

I dont think its the best gunline, but certainly a "classic" gunline.

eleveninches
02-06-2008, 09:19
ANcient power wrath+ruin (struck on 3+ re-rollable) can slow down fast armies and flyers. Most tables I play on have a hill on each side.

I was considering dropping one stone thrower for a small unit of slayers, maybe a few of them as champions.

Now will it beat your invincible summoning undead army? Depends on whether or not I get first turn. If I do, then ill just wrath+ruin the generals unit. If not, it will be pretty much of a stalemate all game. Though well-placed stonethrower shots and wrath+ruin could destroy most of the generals unit

BigRob
02-06-2008, 12:04
Annd thus the undead army of doom is undone by a gunline (had to point it out since you did say in the thread it was immune to gunline tactics:D)

The slow down/damage runes are a good idea, but again its a bit much to expect it to work everytime and get the maximum number of hits. I'd deffinatly look to include a unit of slayers to slow down and tarpit fast units or the big invincible units (like Bloodknights who move 22" and charge in turn 2 for example).

A big problem though is magic defense. No extra runes of spellbreaking, no ruinc standards of magic resistance. HE/Liuzardmen/Tzeentch will deffinatly spoil your day.

eleveninches
03-06-2008, 11:13
Its not the gunline that would undo the undead horde. Its the anvil by itself.
HE/Liuzardmen/Tzeentch will deffinatly spoil your day. Unless I make their mages run away from good shooting

Conotor
03-06-2008, 11:19
HE/Liuzardmen/Tzeentch will deffinatly spoil your day.

LOL, no way. Lizardmen have no chance on gun lines. Too high point cost. Yes, u can screen, but the skinks will not last very long, and hills make them irrelevant.

Same with high elves. They will get shot to pices due to t3 and high points.

BTW, this will be the most boring army ever to play.

eleveninches
03-06-2008, 11:24
Yeah. Cant imagine using it in friendly games, as there is just no actual thought to how to use it

stampy
03-06-2008, 12:05
LOL, no way. Lizardmen have no chance on gun lines. Too high point cost.

You must be joking. Lizardmen are almost full composed of skirmishers, perfect for taking on gunlines, this gunline would get creamed by any tournament worthy lizardmen list

Its just another army post from eleven using army builder. Chances are he won't get it so no real point in giving feedback - had this dwarf gunline, undead and goblin fanatic lists now

eleveninches
03-06-2008, 12:08
I have most of the undead army. Im getting the goblin army, and I already have almost all i need for this army as well

fubukii
03-06-2008, 17:54
id wary when playing tomb kings 2-4 tomb scorps can kill this whole army by its self (killingblow thorek and just kill all the thunderers.)

BigRob
03-06-2008, 18:04
11, what do you mean you'll make mages run by good shooting. Are you sure you'll be in range, what about magical trinkets, unit placements/protections etc will certainly protect them.

Flying characters on nice terror causing steeds can nip up the battlefield hiding behind terrain before terroring the line. Dwarves have good LD but you can never be sure. A big old lord on dragon will roll up the line quite easily.

Lizardmen being easy? Skirmishing/scouting skinks who have poison comming out of everywhere can nip up and unleash a storm of fire, Salamander Packs, Terradons, Slann magic, it'll tear you up.

Like I said, Balanced armies = no chance vs one trick pony armies but I'd be interested to see it go against the super cheesy empire gunline. Looking forward to seeing pics of the zombie/fanatic horde

eleveninches
09-06-2008, 11:40
id wary when playing tomb kings 2-4 tomb scorps can kill this whole army by its self (killingblow thorek and just kill all the thunderers.)I always worry about scorpions when using my dwarves against a TK army. It wouldnt be as bad if they couldnt charge on the turn they arrive.

eleveninches
09-06-2008, 11:43
Option 1:
Replace 10 Thunderers for a Runesmith with great weapon, MRoDismay and 2x RoSpellbreaking

Option 2:
Replace 1 Stone thrower for a small slayer unit

So:

505: Thorek, kraggi and anvil
149: Runesmith (great weapon, MRoDismay, 2xRoSpellbreaking)
107: 9 Slayers (3 champions)
120: Grudgethrower (engineer, RoAccuracy)
145: Grudgethrower (engineer, RoAccuracy, RoPenetrating)
155: Grudgethrower (engineer, RoAccuracy, RoPenetrating, RoReloading)
120: Organ Gun
140: Flame Cannon
----
----

Obfuscate
09-06-2008, 22:34
I've got a daemon list that would comfortably rip that list a new one.

I fear a balanced dwarf list far more than I do a gunline.