PDA

View Full Version : 1k First Skaven Amry

bicky43
02-06-2008, 10:57
Hi this is my first attempt at a skaven list. Any critisism or ideas for improvement welcome. thanks

1000 Pts - Skaven Army

1 Chieftain @ 51 Pts
General; Heavy Armour; Shield

1 Chieftain @ 94 Pts
Heavy Armour; Battle Standard
Banner of the Swarm [20]

1 Warlock Engineer @ 135 Pts
Magic Level 1; Supercharged WP Accumulator; Upgraded Warp-Energy
Condenser; Warp Blades
#1 Warpstone Token [0]
Storm Daemon [25]
Dispel Scroll [25]

30 Clanrats @ 265 Pts
Spear; Light Armour; Shield; Clawleader; Standard; Musician; Ratling Gun

30 Clanrats @ 205 Pts
Spear; Light Armour; Shield; Clawleader; Standard; Musician

20 Clanrat Slaves @ 40 Pts

20 Clanrat Slaves @ 40 Pts

5 Gutter Runners @ 70 Pts
2ndWeapon; Poisoned Hand Weapons

5 Warplock Jezzail teams @ 100 Pts
Jezzail; Pavise

Casting Pool: 4

Dispel Pool: 3

Models in Army: 114

Total Army Cost: 1000

hippie
02-06-2008, 11:02
i wout swap an chieftan for a warlock ......(below1000p it is mass damage)
and take 21 slaves if you can (1more kill before panic)
looks nice. just be careful , that units of 30 rats are maybe a bit hard to manouver

stwess
02-06-2008, 14:35
i would drop the spears on the clan rats and up the number of slaves, slaves take the charge clan rats flank. i havent read the new eddition book but iirc spears dont work when you charge. plus not having then makes your clanrats better at taking the charge if need be.

i also agree with hippe, i like units of 25 slaves and normal rats, its 5 ats to kill before you lose some Ld

ZeroTwentythree
02-06-2008, 14:45
I'm not fond of spears either, as they are a lot of points when you have bit numbers of troops.

I'd drop the engineer's equip. that generates an extra power die. He can only use 3 max, and you've got 4 available.

I like units of 30 clanrats, but I think the slaves could benefit from being a little larger. If it were me, I'd keep the units of 30 clanrats, but drop the spears in favor of boosting the numbers of slaves.

30 clanrats are not generally any harder to manuver than 25. Plus they can take even more punishment before losing their all-important numbers and ranks. At least that's my view.