PDA

View Full Version : can a dark elf player help me please

macejase
02-06-2008, 15:07
i want to put together a good army list, who's main opponent is high elves - and which can be cheap to build in terms of money. I know the new books only 2 months away but i want an idea of what models i will need, i sold pretty much everything now ready for the new book.

I have the witch hag from the cauldron of blood and an avatars of war sorceress and noble on the way for noble/highborn and 2 mages.

im thinking of using corsairs in small units of ten (2/3 units) and 2x 5 cold one knights and 2x5 dark riders, backed by archers and magic. any ideas anyone? reply/pm me please

ferda
02-06-2008, 15:33
i want to put together a good army list, who's main opponent is high elves - and which can be cheap to build in terms of money. I know the new books only 2 months away but i want an idea of what models i will need, i sold pretty much everything now ready for the new book.

I have the witch hag from the cauldron of blood and an avatars of war sorceress and noble on the way for noble/highborn and 2 mages.

im thinking of using corsairs in small units of ten (2/3 units) and 2x 5 cold one knights and 2x5 dark riders, backed by archers and magic. any ideas anyone? reply/pm me please

get a lot of magic, 40 crosbowmen, 4 bolt throwers, 4 chariots...and just smash them.

macejase
02-06-2008, 16:00
ok thankyou, im starting to work on a list now - but any help is needed feel free to give it

Count Zero
02-06-2008, 16:14
its very difficult to tell, unless you have seen the new book. atthe moment under 6th Ed shooting and impact hits are probably the way to go as ferda points out.

however under 7th ed we really dont know what will be strong. the rumors we are hearing suggest that witch elves and black guard will both be good choices. Black guard are also great models.
obviuosuly CoK's and corsairs are getting new models. It looks like dark riders and basic troopers wont so you could pick some fothem up too.

macejase
02-06-2008, 16:20
i sold my warriors because i wasnt happy with the shoddy glue/paint work (i had 30) so i will buy them from new when the new books out if i chose them but i will probably work with a lot of corsairs. and im taking my time on models this time, like i have lately (hence why a small elf army is ideal)

Dark riders, im thinking glade riders and warriors mixed together? im not paying for the metal ones

Count Zero
02-06-2008, 16:24
yeah a lot of people have made the mix. i think it could be worth waiting to see what in the corsair sprue to see what can be plundered.

Archaon
02-06-2008, 16:25
I think you can't go wrong with basics like Dark Riders, COKs, RBTs and the like which you see in every DE army.

Right now it's way to soon to give specific advice because the new book is not out and who knows what will change in detail.