PDA

View Full Version : looking for something cant find on GW site

macejase
02-06-2008, 17:15
im looking for the dark elf armoury stuff (such as gauntlet of power) from albion/storm of chaos etc, since its usable without opponents permission. i take it this stuff will be in the new book as i hadnt even heard of it until today. I looked through GW uk site and cant find a thing.

anyone help me out? cheers

isidril93
02-06-2008, 17:23
here is the link

http://oz.games-workshop.com/games/gaming/treasures.pdf

but im not sure is they will be usable in the next army book as the high elves werent

Aurellis
02-06-2008, 17:26
Here's the link from the UK GW site http://uk.games-workshop.com/darkelves/cultofslaanesh/1/

I'm surprised you haven't come across it especially as Heartstone of Darkness is probably the DE's best magic item

macejase
02-06-2008, 17:30
thanks, well apart from the WD update i just have the current book and no other updates for the last 3-4 years

Makaber
02-06-2008, 17:38
I'm surprised you haven't come across it especially as Heartstone of Darkness is probably the DE's best magic item

Are you kidding me? It's a 4+ Ward, priced exactly the same as every single other vanilla 4+ Wards out there. Practical, yes, but certainly not "the best". That's like saying the Warbanner is their best banner.

No, there are many other better candidates. From the Cult of Slaanesh list alone comes Draich of Dark Power, a good and rather no-brainer choice. The real gem though, is the Soul Shadows Standard.

Even in the book, there are many awesome and overlooked items. Venom Sword is a bit hit or miss but can be absolutely lethal against certain armies, in particular those that rely on multi-wound monsters like ogres and minotaurs to win.

rodmillard
02-06-2008, 21:29
. i take it this stuff will be in the new book as i hadnt even heard of it until today. I looked through GW uk site and cant find a thing.

I wouldn't bet on it - some of the storm of chaos items may make it over to the new book, but neither high elves, empire, nor dwarves got their items from "Treasures Of Albion" in the new books.

Malorian
02-06-2008, 21:45
Good to finally read that. My opponent uses these quite often so it was good to see the exact wording.