PDA

View Full Version : Servitors as heavy bolter teams????

Getifa Ubazza
02-06-2008, 19:15
Heres the thing. Im doing an IG army based on the Tallarn models. Its going to be all infantry, although i will be giving every squad a Chimera at a later stage. Although i love the Tallarn models, i really hate the heavy bolter teams, but want some in my army.

Instead of getting the Tallarn heavy bolter teams though, i thought about using the servitor models. You get 2 in a blister. 1 with heavy bolter and 1 with nothing and you get both for 7 instead of the 8 for the horrible sitting Tallarn ones. So not only do i get sweeter models, i get to save 6.

How cool is that?

Only one problem. They are servitors and some people might not allow me to use them the way i want too. The old WYSIWYG thing.

Would anyone here object to them? I personally think it would add character to the army and would give it something unusual to talk about.

Thanks for any help guys.

Lord Damocles
02-06-2008, 19:21
I can't see anyone complaining that a servitor with a heavy bolter isn't representitive of a guardsman with a heavy bolter. Go for it.

Don't Forge World do Talarn heavy weapon teams? Or perhaps I just imajined that...:confused:

Slaaaaaanesh
02-06-2008, 19:26
I would have no problem playing against them on the battlefield. If you tie them into the force with army colours and icons, then greenstuff some interesting Tallarn bits and pieces onto them.

LokkoRex
02-06-2008, 19:36
fw do make tallarn heavy weapon teams.
you could just say that your troops don't like carrying around a big lump of metal all day around and has instead bribed the local techpriest to loan(/make/rent) them some servitors.

i wouldn't have any trouble with it as long as you paint them in tallarn colours.

burning crome
02-06-2008, 19:39
if their a the right base/have a loader/ and the weapon right then no one can object.

Getifa Ubazza
02-06-2008, 19:42
I can't see anyone complaining that a servitor with a heavy bolter isn't representitive of a guardsman with a heavy bolter. Go for it.

Don't Forge World do Talarn heavy weapon teams? Or perhaps I just imajined that...:confused:No you did not imagine that. The Forge world Tallarn are sweet, But i kinda wanted something differant and the Servitor heavy bolter teams would look so great alongside my Tallarn.

Another reason i dont want to use FW Tallarn is that i want to keep the army, all metal. The original Tallarn came out, just as i was getting into the hobby and ive always wanted to do them. I feel also that the FW Tallarn are so much better than the original ones, that it would take away from the vintage feel im after. They would make the old Tallarn look crap and i just dont have the skill needed to do them justice.

dugaal
02-06-2008, 20:59
What about modifying the current metals so there is no seat or wheels, but a stand similiar to the cadian plastics; and kneel the gunner with gs or cadian legs?
Not that servitors wouldn't be cool, but Tallarn seem low tech in my mind, or at least harsh conditions might affect servitors long-term.

Victomorga
02-06-2008, 21:05
I think this is a cool idea. just make certain that:
1) this substitution is made clear to your opponent
2) the substitution is universal throughout your force (all or nothing, lest it get complicated)
3) they "blend in" with the rest of your force thematically, paint-wise, etc.

I like the idea of integrating a (literally) heavy weapon into a techno-drone. that way you don't ever have to carry it. the HW team can be the servitor and a guy near by with a little remote control carrying extra ammo.

Getifa Ubazza
02-06-2008, 21:52
I think this is a cool idea. just make certain that:
1) this substitution is made clear to your opponent
2) the substitution is universal throughout your force (all or nothing, lest it get complicated)
3) they "blend in" with the rest of your force thematically, paint-wise, etc.

I like the idea of integrating a (literally) heavy weapon into a techno-drone. that way you don't ever have to carry it. the HW team can be the servitor and a guy near by with a little remote control carrying extra ammo.

1) It will be.
2) Well as i wont be using Servitors for anything else, (Its an all infantry army, so doesnt need a Techpriest) i think i should be ok here.
3 Im not sure i want them to "blend in" as such, but i understand what you mean.

I see this as an exploring force. It will have a "Techpriest" in it, But i wont be using the ones in the Elites section. I will be using one of the ones you get with the Inquisitors retinue. He will "Count as" a JO leading my (All Servitor) heavy bolter platoon.