15 Duellists @ 125 Pts
2ndWeapon; Musician; Champion

15 Duellists @ 125 Pts
2ndWeapon; Musician; Champion

Casting Pool: 8
Dispel Pool: 5
Models in Army: 129
Total Army Cost: 1494

Firstly, yes I know this army is undersized, and technically illegal. However, the game size is 2000 points, therefore it is constructed as if it were a 2000 point army - I just didnt max out on points. As you can see, its a guerilla army, designed to avoid combats while choosing its fights carefully. There are a total of 50 archers, allowing for good damage from concentrated vollies. The Mage will probably take Shadow magic, mostly for the theme of the army, but Light, Metal, Beasts, and Fire are also options. I don't normally use Shadow magic much these days, but some of the spells could really help this army out.

Icepick
22-10-2005, 20:35
I like this very much. I would have said you needed a cannon but it seems you have balanced the shooting out enough with the pistoliers, duellists and archers. Perhaps one more block of soldiers for the combat prowess (free company or something) but apart from that what are your plans for the 2000 pt expansion?

Keller
22-10-2005, 21:25
but apart from that what are your plans for the 2000 pt expansion?

There isn't really a plan for expanding the army to 2000 points. After countless victories with my Empire army since starting playing once again, I have decided to try a new style of list. Normally I play using a line of infantry regiments with detachments, backed by some handguns, cannons, and mortars. I chose to leave all of those out for this list, since people seem to think the Empire wins because the firepower of the big guns. Choosing to play only 1500 points instead of 2000 was more because of a lack of models, or more so, units to take. I didn't want to load up on too many archer regiments, and the Empire has no highly mobile troops to fit into the theme of the army, apart from the Pistoliers and Dogs of War. I considered bringing Kislev into the list to gain access to Horse Archers, but since I never got around to puting my models together, I decided against it.

I should probably note that this is not the first step to building a new army. I have well over 4000 points of Empire troops, not counting characters or magic item upgrades.