PDA

View Full Version : 2 Demon Princes

Scallat
02-06-2008, 20:14
So I've been thinking about making an alteration to my standard Chaos list. It contains primarily Khorne berserkers in rhinos at the moment with a flying demon prince to lead the show. The alteration I've been thinking about is the addition of another winged demon prince. He's only 140 points with the mark of khorne and wings and he's a very powerful model but crucially with only toughness 5 and a 5+ invulnerable he's far from unkillable. I really think it'll make for an interesting, fun and potent army which will look good on the table (especially with dragon wings on both princes).

My concern however is that people will be feel that I'm taking some liberties with my army choices. I.e. That my army is beardy as F&*@! So, what do people think, is adding an additional Demon Prince like taking a weak nidzilla list or am I taking things I gaint demon-step too far?

Denise
02-06-2008, 20:18
In my personal experience, the people who whine will whine regardless. I have two daemon princes in my army and I have actually never had anyone complain about that specific part of my army.

EarlGrey
02-06-2008, 20:30
I don't think there is a real problem so long as you come up with a cool background reason for them being there. :)

For instance:
Two Rival Daemon princes sent out by Khorne himself to see who can kill the most, slay a certain someone/something and ultimatly prove who is best.

Two brothers who have always fought side by side. But one harbours a secret jealousy of his other, more powerful brother.
You could even give them two different marks. Represent the more powerful brother with the mark of Khorne, and the weaker one without a mark, or have the mark of Tzeentch to show that some secret plan is afoot...

Have fun!

Kissaholic
02-06-2008, 20:59
tell them to stop bitching and they point of some stuff in thier list if there is any

Vedar
02-06-2008, 22:01
I field 2 DP sometimes. With my group you need to bring your A game or get eaten. We are friendly but power game lists are the norm. Because of that I'm much better than I used to be. I quite often face 3 shooty fexes, tyrants and a handfull of gaunts. I pretty much field Tzeetch DP as the 4+ Inv save I find to be quite worth it. I think also the Khone builds is one of the weaker ones. The 5+ Inv save means they go down pretty quick.

Chimaera2000
02-06-2008, 22:20
Like it or not, the 2x winged Demon Prince with Lash of Submission has put a sour taste in several people's mouths. They'll jump to conclusions when they see two Daemon Princes and complain. Once you mention that they don't have Lash (or even any psychic powers at all!), they'll merely grumble. Once the game starts and the Khorne Daemon Princes don't single-handedly wipe their entire army off the board, I think that they'll change from grumbling to pleasant surprise.

'Course, most of that just depends on who you're playing with.

Lordsaradain
02-06-2008, 22:34
Its not beardy unless its 2 DP with MoS and LoS.

Reaver83
02-06-2008, 23:05
Even then I think that 2 sorcers with MOS and LOS who are hiding in squads is more dangerous!

I've recently finished my second DP, I regularly use one with Wings and Warptime, and a second with MOS and Lash. Both work well in my army, and no one's complained

PondaNagura
03-06-2008, 00:20
rules-wise not a problem, fluff-wise it bothers the crap outta me.

Kissaholic
03-06-2008, 00:26
Yea it bothers me too fluff wise

Scallat
03-06-2008, 01:25
Then it'll bother you even more when you find out I'm planning to run them with one Khorne one Tzeentch.

EarlGrey
03-06-2008, 01:33

Can point to a sentence in any book written by GW that states two Daemon Princes have never been seen together, or can never be together (forever, my darling), or never join forces in some way shape or form?

kishvier
03-06-2008, 01:36
Except the daemon princes in the codex are not 0-1 therefore you can have 0, 1, or 2 at one time.

Seth the Dark
03-06-2008, 01:40
People will bitch about anything. Just go with what you like. I would agree with creating a fluff reason for having two DPs since that is rather odd, fluff-wise.

Captin Korea!
03-06-2008, 02:41
I have no problem with 2 MC's, when its Nidzilla though :cries:...

Kissaholic
03-06-2008, 05:34
Then it'll bother you even more when you find out I'm planning to run them with one Khorne one Tzeentch.
your a sick bastard:p

Pika_power
03-06-2008, 09:47
With Khorne? You're fine. One khorne, one tzeench? Still cheery. Only lashy is cheese.

Earthbeard
03-06-2008, 10:24
Never used oen Daemon Prince even in the hey day of the last codex for them. Always preffered termi lords.

I wouldn't have any issues with people using 2 DP's...a regualar opponent uses 3 landraiders in 1500pts....so "shrug"

Khorne and Tzeentch, bugs me on a fluff level a little, but other than that....no problems.

Tonberry
03-06-2008, 11:30
Khorne and Tzeentch, bugs me on a fluff level a little, but other than that....no problems.

Which is why people need to be imaginative. You could perhaps say that the Tzeentch prince is submitting to the will of the Khorne prince and thus fighting alongside him, but it is all part of some great scheme etc etc.

Scallat
05-06-2008, 23:25
Well, thanks to everyone for thier advice here's the follow up.

All I have to do now is finish painting the red one then start painting his brother.

Soupcat
05-06-2008, 23:43
two of the same model...sigh

Scallat
06-06-2008, 00:02
The window for complaint is now closed.

All of my space marines of course are different models.... no.... wait.

Disturbing_Clown
06-06-2008, 03:22
Might I suggest a head and weapon swap? Just something to distinguish them a bit.

Joah_from_Alberta
06-06-2008, 06:51
Pic near he bottom of the pageL

http://www.worldeaters.net/viewtopic.php?t=720&start=0

Cheers,