View Full Version : 1000 points Bretonnia

JDiggy
02-06-2008, 22:28
Characters
Heroes
Paladin 104 points
Army Battle Standard Bearer, barded Bretonnian Warhorse, Banner of Defence

Paladin 115 points
Lance, Shield, barded Bretonnian Warhorse, Virtue of Confidence, Gauntlet of the Duel

Core Units
Knights Errant 221 points
9 Knights Errant, Musician, Standard Bearer, Errantry Banner

Knights Errant 221 points
9 Knights Errant, Musician, Standard Bearer, Errantry Banner

Knights of the Realm 192 points
7 Knights of the Realm, Musician, Standard Bearer

Special Units
Mounted Yeoman 75 points
5 Mounted Yeoman

Mounted Yeoman 75 points
5 Mounted Yeoman

Was wondering how this army would do. Three lances to kill any and everything and then the Yeoman would swoop around back trying to kill war machines and casters and in some cases charge the rear or flanks of enemy units.

JDiggy
03-06-2008, 18:05
bump bump bump

Donga666
03-06-2008, 18:43
Nothing new here.

Banner of Defence is a waste, Warbanner+ Virtue of duty is MUCH better. You can only have one Errantry banner unless it is an Errantry war list (which is an 'almost' legal list, not allowed in tournamets). You will also have problems getting the Errants to charge what you want, because they are very likely to re-directed all over the place. Plus, both your characters in one regiment will be the focus of alot of unwanted attention.

No magic defence is a brave thing, i have a Damsel as my general in low points games (double-up jobs). But that is a little unusual.

Other than that the list is fine, take my advice if you want

JDiggy
03-06-2008, 19:31
Revised list...

Characters
Heroes
Paladin 129 points
Army Battle Standard Bearer, barded Bretonnian Warhorse, Virtue of Duty, War Banner

Paladin 115 points
Lance, Shield, barded Bretonnian Warhorse, Virtue of Confidence, Gauntlet of the Duel

Core Units
Knights of the Realm 216 points
8 Knights of the Realm, Musician, Standard Bearer

Knights of the Realm 216 points
8 Knights of the Realm, Musician, Standard Bearer

Special Units
Pegasus Knights 165 points
3 Pegasus Knights

Pegasus Knights for war machine/wizard hunting and rear/flank charges. Two lances to deal with everything else. I have 159 points left over what would you suggest using them on? How big of a problem will the low model count be?

Wyrdstone
03-06-2008, 22:45
you have no magic and no shooting!
what about peasants?
maybe some archers? I do have to admit I'd just have an all peasant army though...
:D

Donga666
04-06-2008, 15:44
Revised list...

I have 159 points left over what would you suggest using them on? How big of a problem will the low model count be?

Either 15 Skirmishing archers + Musician (very useful)

Or

6 KoTR/Errants with or without command for flank/combined charges

Or

10 X Skirmish archers and 5 Yeoman+ Music

I would go for the last option myself because Yeomen are one of the most useful regiments for flanking (they negate ranks, Peggies do not).