PDA

View Full Version : Solution to Bits Shortage, BT's

NRGLancer
03-06-2008, 01:39
What do you guys do to make a squad of close combat armed Marines for the BT's? I have a 10-man Marine box, but it has a measly 2 chainswords...what is the solution to this problem? Are their bits I need to order?

TheDarkDuke
03-06-2008, 01:43
Get the BT upgrade sprue, it has more then enough ccw's and bolt pistols.... and is kinda the thing you would want as its for BT's

NRGLancer
03-06-2008, 01:55
I saw it on the GW website, but the pic only showed a few weapons...is there more to the pack than what the site pic shows?

TheDarkDuke
03-06-2008, 02:04
It comes with 6 bolt pistols, 6 ccws, 4 power weapons, 2 powerfist, 2 of all the special weapons... that I can recall. So if your taking a Crusader Squad with 10 Marines you can set up:

1 with Power Weapon/Powerfist
1 with melta gun
6 with bp and ccw

Add in the bits from a tactical squad, and you end up with too many weapons. If you can find a BT battalion however, you get I believe 2 upgrade boxes inside it with the models, and you end up (like me) with way too many BT bits then you know what to do with. Also you could try a only bits store to just get additional bolt pistols/ccws.

Dreadnought6107
03-06-2008, 02:33
When I made my close combat squads I just got the blood claws box, has chainswords and bolt pistols for 10 men, comes with space wolf stuff, but not needed since it comes with enough for 10 normal codex marines.

I kind of regret it now since the traits are going away, I'll need to make all 10 of them back to normal bolter marines :(

chinnfrequent
03-06-2008, 02:46
Blood claws + one BT sprue = damn fine squad

Dreadnought6107
03-06-2008, 03:58
Ya, now if there was some way in 5th to have a squad full of ccw and bolt pistols. I'd still use that squad with a rhino and my chappy and it used to rape alot of necrons.

If they made it >.>

victorpofa
03-06-2008, 21:11
Ya, now if there was some way in 5th to have a squad full of ccw and bolt pistols. I'd still use that squad with a rhino and my chappy and it used to rape alot of necrons.

If they made it >.>

You can use a squad of assault marines, and trade their Jump Packs for a Rhino for free. It is not a troops choice, but I doubt this option will be removed even if tacticals can't exchange their Bolter for a CCW in the 5E codex.