PDA

View Full Version : now ive seen it all.....

MrBo114
03-06-2008, 02:12
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mint-Forge-World-Catalogue-2008_W0QQitemZ260246966628QQihZ016QQcategoryZ31399 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

is that even legal?i mean its a FREE catalouge for frags sake lol!

PondaNagura
03-06-2008, 02:23
then just click the report item at the bottom. it's not the worst thing i've seen on ebay, not gonna post anything since there was a thread about similar activities like a month ago.

kesofcom
03-06-2008, 02:37
erm hmm just thinking about collectors out there, doe sthe thing actually say you can't resell it? its a bit crooked now yes, but then agian had this been 30-40 years in the future, and theres some crazy man (or any other gender) wanting to collect all forgeworld materials, would it then be legal?

Sidstyler
03-06-2008, 03:19
...there's a bid on it.

Dach
03-06-2008, 03:29
What's wrong with selling that?

Why rule something like that, damn waste of time...

if you're dumb enough to buy something that you can have for free, who's to blame?

:rolleyes:

Eldramesha
03-06-2008, 03:38
Caveat Emptor

vipernyc
03-06-2008, 03:55
There's only one thing that's illegal to sell but perfectly legal to give away, and its not a frickin' forgeworld catalog.

MrBo114
03-06-2008, 04:00
then just click the report item at the bottom. it's not the worst thing i've seen on ebay, not gonna post anything since there was a thread about similar activities like a month ago.

yeah,i'm just laughin at s&h mostly, seein fw was kind enuff to send it via Royal Air straight to my door at their cost.Something i respect.=)

Koryphaus
03-06-2008, 05:46
FW are a kind bunch aren't they? This is just crazy though.. But you've got to admire the opportunistic attitude of the seller, in a crooked kind of way lol.

GMMStudios
03-06-2008, 05:51
Its not opportunistic if the buyer has a cheaper alternative to what he is selling.

Opportunistic would be demand goes up for them and he has the only ten left, so he sells them. Either way its a free market and thats the beauty of it.

TheNZer
03-06-2008, 06:52
Good on the seller, he's making money off a free item.

I've got no problems with it.

USABOB
03-06-2008, 07:15
I seen a lot of FW catalogs go on ebay close to $6 each. For some reason people just do not know that FW gives out free catalogs, it is not hard to miss on their webpage :).

Koryphaus
03-06-2008, 08:00
Its not opportunistic if the buyer has a cheaper alternative to what he is selling.

Opportunistic would be demand goes up for them and he has the only ten left, so he sells them. Either way its a free market and thats the beauty of it.

Being opportunistic is the act of taking advantage of any circumstance, so that you may benefit. He is therefore being opportunistic no?

Hive Mind 33
03-06-2008, 08:28
You have seen it all even a man eating his own head?

swagger
03-06-2008, 10:02
^I'd pay good money to see that.

BigRob
03-06-2008, 10:14
Whats wrong with that? Why report it?

Yes the catalogue is available free, but does it have printed on it "Not for Resale"? Surely once the item leave FW and becomes the property of the seller, its his to do what he likes with, be it emergency toilet paper or sell it on. I made a good 20 on the WD Kislev book, the Dark Shadows book, I've made plenty on free posters from WD, Nintendo Magazine etc.

Its bad enough when GW gets ebay to remove legitimate auctions with its big stick of grumpiness. This isnt one of those forgeworld epic models pretending to be 40K or some Eastern European recast. Now if Forgeworld put a disclaimer in it claiming no resale then your in a position to say hang on a minute, otherwise Fair play.

Norsehawk
03-06-2008, 11:39
An item is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

I don't think there is any place within 50 (or maybe even 100) miles where I could go and pick up a forgeworld catalog. I prefer myself to use the website, but some people want something to read while they are in the bathroom. If he wins the auction at that price, he is getting something shipped in the USA for a grand total of under 4 bucks. If he is happy with that, more power to him.

Vladigar
03-06-2008, 11:46
There's only one thing that's illegal to sell but perfectly legal to give away, and its not a frickin' forgeworld catalog.

Ah, the wisdom of George Carlin...

;)

Inquisitor S.
03-06-2008, 12:43
I seen a lot of FW catalogs go on ebay close to $6 each. For some reason people just do not know that FW gives out free catalogs, it is not hard to miss on their webpage

Welll, interesting part is that I have requested their free catalogue quite a few times and never received one, so much for that :P

*maccas*
03-06-2008, 12:58
huh thats nothing

a friend on mine sold an air guitar for 1.50

Klam
03-06-2008, 13:00
Welll, interesting part is that I have requested their free catalogue quite a few times and never received one, so much for that :P

Mailed them to get one end of last week and got it yesterday so guess you did something wrong :)

Colonel Fitzgerald
03-06-2008, 13:07
Whats wrong with that? Why report it?

Yes the catalogue is available free, but does it have printed on it "Not for Resale"? Surely once the item leave FW and becomes the property of the seller, its his to do what he likes with, be it emergency toilet paper or sell it on. I made a good 20 on the WD Kislev book, the Dark Shadows book, I've made plenty on free posters from WD, Nintendo Magazine etc.

Its bad enough when GW gets ebay to remove legitimate auctions with its big stick of grumpiness. This isnt one of those forgeworld epic models pretending to be 40K or some Eastern European recast. Now if Forgeworld put a disclaimer in it claiming no resale then your in a position to say hang on a minute, otherwise Fair play.

Eastern European recast? You mean, you can get those?.. Intriguing lol

GMMStudios
03-06-2008, 13:53
Being opportunistic is the act of taking advantage of any circumstance, so that you may benefit. He is therefore being opportunistic no?

What is the circumstance? That Forge World 'logs are rare? That demand for them is unnaturally high? That he has the only one left?

I don't think there is one, he just listed some on ebay.