PDA

View Full Version : Fabius Bile And Chaos Spawn?

sugarwookie
03-06-2008, 04:36
Just wondering if you think that these two would fit well in an army together. I like the idea of the Spawn as being failed experiments and had thought about making a list with them in it along with Fabius and his altered marines.
Do you think it would fit fluffwise? Also, Spawn are listed as Beasts, so does this mean they charge 12"

Thanks,

wOOkie

==Me==
03-06-2008, 04:45
Spawn charge 3D6" removing the lowest, IIRC. They're all kinds of messed up :p

A Fabulous Bile army is always an interesting prospect, and using spawn as failed experiments is even sweeter. You could also do the same for Oblits, Possessed, Daemons, and even Cult units (these guys are extra angry, etc). But, just tons of normal enhanced marines always look cool.

Go for it and post up pics!

jhon
03-06-2008, 04:51
1, is all up to you on the fulff , you can say bile have a tea patry with abby every morning . and yes bile has history of turning every one on the planet to mutie , and i m not suprise that many of them have become spawn and bile keep them as a loving pet . spawn + bile is quite fulffy.
2, spawn do have a charge range of a cav but due to s&p rule the charge is court as in diffcult terrian .

Kissaholic
03-06-2008, 04:56
Yes that would fit in perfectly

sugarwookie
03-06-2008, 05:00
Thanks for the input, glad you agree. I'm a little confused on the charge rules though. If a beast charges in at 12" but counts as in difficult terrain, how is that worked out? Can someone give me an example?

Kissaholic
03-06-2008, 05:33
im guessing roll 2d6 pick the highest

AmKhaibitu
03-06-2008, 06:30
roll 2d6, pick the highest and double it.

Galaspar
03-06-2008, 13:41
I like your army concept, I'd suggest using some noise marines as well (Fabius helped to create the first Noise Marines, and no doubt still has a few buddies in the Emperor's Children).

sugarwookie
03-06-2008, 15:24
Thanks again for the help. so is every one in agreement that we're supposed to roll 2d6 and double the highest number? That's a very weird rules situation I've yet to encounter so far!

Meriwether
03-06-2008, 15:34
Spawn move 2d6" pick the highest, then fleet d6", then charge 2d6" pick the highest and double it.

Yeah, they're weird. And spawntacular!

Meri

sugarwookie
03-06-2008, 15:38
LOL, that's got to be the craziest unit in the game then!!! Thanks for the input from everyone! I'm going to throw something together in the form of an order soon!

Cheers!

Meriwether
03-06-2008, 15:40
I use spawn sometimes with my Emperor's Children -- I bought the Tide of Spawn from apocalypse, but have yet to use the actual datasheet in an Apoc game.

They don't do anything but tie something up for a turn and then die -- but that's generally exactly what I want them to do. Three spawn engage, kill one or two things and mostly die, then die on my opponent's turn -- freeing up that unit to be shot to death with noise marines.

They ain't good for nothin' else, IMO.

Meri

x-esiv-4c
03-06-2008, 15:46
A fluff theme for sure. I like it!