PDA

View Full Version : 1000 Daemons

==Me==
03-06-2008, 05:07
Well, after the debacle of making a 2000 point list and getting spanked repeatedly, I learned that I know almost nothing about Daemons. Too many options and not enough Rare slots:cries:

So I decided to start over at a smaller point level and build up ==My== confidence before getting thrashed again at the big boys' table.

Heroes
Herald of Tzeentch-Burning Chariot, Master of Sorcery
I love the flying chariot, and he'll most likely be using MoS to get all the Tzeentchy spells. Boon, Glean, Bolt ftw.
Herald of Nurgle-Slime Trail
Regeneration, yay!

Core
Plaguebearers-14, standard, musician
Herald goes here, anvil unit
Bloodletters or Daemonettes-12
choppy and cheap
Furies-5
cheap, multi-purpose buggers

Special
Flesh Hounds-5
Rip and Tear!

Rare
Fiends-2
Flankers, slayers of war machine crews and associated weaklings

Total-1000
Models-40

What say you?

Nabeshin1106
03-06-2008, 08:30
Lookin pretty good. I would say go with 'Letters for your Core choice there. Daemonettes seem kinda "eh" without ASF, but that's just me.

Also, find some way to get the Nurgle Herald onto a Palanquin. It's well worth the points. Rank the unit up 6x3 to get the most out of it.

I haven't used any Tzeentch stuff yet, so I can't tell you anything about the Herald.

I kind of prefer Seekers over Flesh Hounds, but if you don't have the models, just stick with the hounds.

==Me==
03-06-2008, 14:05
I would use the Bloodletters generally, but Daemonettes are very appealing flankers with M6 and all those attacks, at least against soft stuff.

Ideally, he would be on a Palanquin with Noxious Vapors, but I have no idea where to free up 75 points. Getting ridding of 2 daemons from the small unit opens up 24 points.

==My== biggest problem with Seekers is the Fast Cavalry thing, they won't negate ranks like Khorne-Dogs. Though I do like the 5 w/ Siren Standard for a cheap, evil unit. Them replacing the dogs would free up 18 points.

42 isn't a lot to do anything, and to think I could get 21 Skaven slaves for the price :cries: