PDA

View Full Version : I want a new army because...

Vandur Last
03-06-2008, 08:26
I want a new army because i want to try and get back into Fantasy battles. I quit the hobby for many years and came back to 40K about the time the Eldar codex came out. I am now more or less finished (re)collecting an Eldar force and am starting to think about going back to WHFB as well.

I still have my stupidly large Empire army but for some reason i dont really feel compelled to go back to being an Empire general. I guess its because i already have all the miniatures i could ever need and dont feel like getting new ones just for the sake of updating, nor do i feel excited about using the old ones again.

So anyway last time i played WHFB was within 6 months of the Lizardmen & Brettonian core box. Alot seems to have changed since then, with some cool new armies and alot of updates so im a bit usnure about which army to choose this time round. Therefore i thought i might ask the opinion of this forum, since youd all know better than me about the status of the various armies at the moment.Please take the following into account when advising me.

OK anyway the reasons i want a new army are:

1) Im tired of being afraid of melee
2) Im tired of stressing out about relying on shooting too much
3) I want something more aggressive
4) I want something easier to paint
5) Im want an army that is more resilient

Thanks in advance for the advice.

PS if you want to trade for some classic Empire models let me know.

Ward.
03-06-2008, 08:33
Sounds like you want a khorne daemons army, just use the new inks and the bloodletters can end up looking awesome in no time.

kroq'gar
03-06-2008, 08:42
or a mixed deamons army- he'd be handicapped jsut playing khorne. Vampires could also work in a similar way- a white heavy army with some magical re-reraising abilities... plus a regenerating bsb...

Another possibility is bretonians- aggressive, resilient, great models, easy to paint (if you do a common colour scheme rather than the fancy 'army of individuals'). Has access to shooting but do not in anyway rely upon it, and the peasants add some commical value.

NakedBarbarian
03-06-2008, 08:47
For ease of painting i'd say a skeleton/zombie heavy vampire counts army.

Or wait for new Warriors of Chaos your army will be mayb 40 models tops

macejase
03-06-2008, 08:47
Or ogre kingdoms? easy to paint, good in combat, resiliant with 3 wounds a peice, not too much shooting

kroq'gar
03-06-2008, 08:53
Or ogre kingdoms? easy to paint, good in combat, resiliant with 3 wounds a peice, not too much shooting

and 0.2% chance of winning against a forewarned opponent.

Vandur Last
03-06-2008, 08:58
Hmmn im not too sure about Ogres. Kinda worried that the size of the models will highlight my poor, very poor, painting skills.
As for Chaos...i dunno. Im used to thinking of Chaos as the "enemy", i dont think im prepared to play them for fluff based reasons.

Perhaps someone could offer up some advice on skeleton/zombie heavy Vampires or possibly Saurus heavy Lizardmen?

Ward.
03-06-2008, 13:09
or a mixed deamons army- he'd be handicapped jsut playing khorne. Vampires could also work in a similar way- a white heavy army with some magical re-reraising abilities... plus a regenerating bsb...

Another possibility is bretonians- aggressive, resilient, great models, easy to paint (if you do a common colour scheme rather than the fancy 'army of individuals'). Has access to shooting but do not in anyway rely upon it, and the peasants add some commical value.

I assure you that just playing khorne isn't all that much of a handicap.