PDA

View Full Version : how vampire counts works

macejase
03-06-2008, 10:35
Im a big fan of vampires themselves, but im not a huge fan of the idea of having a massive swarm of undead for an army. I was wondering if its possible to field a small and elite army, similarly to elves, led by a very powerful vampire character. Where the army basically relies on that one model. Thats the way i always saw vampires working.

And why do they have to be undead, why cant vampires lead humans? :skull:

Xirathnix
03-06-2008, 17:11
As your full 4 man HQ can easily go over 1k (and mine always is) the set up you want is very easily done. The Vampire lord is one of the best HQs in the game. They are both powerful and versatile. He is literally a 1 man wrecking crew that can fly across the board round 1 and take out a small unit.

For the elite team to go with him use blood knights or wraiths. The rest you can put into core skellies/ghouls. Summon zombies for backup and redirects.

Helbracht
03-06-2008, 17:44
I think the question is why would vampires WANT to lead humans?

Loopstah
03-06-2008, 18:13
Like this?

Heroes
Vampire Lord
- Infinite Hatred, Dread Knight, Red Fury
- Blood Drinker, Walach's Bloody Hauberk, Black Periapt

Vampire
- Dread Knight, Infinite Hatred
- BSB
- The Drakenhof Banner

Core
10 Skeletons
- Full Command

10 Skeletons
- Full Command

10 Skeletons
- Full Command

Rare
7 Blood Knights
- Full Command
- The Flag of Blood Keep

7 Blood Knights
- Full Command
- Royal Standard of Strigos

1985pts

Xirathnix
05-06-2008, 16:14
Not a very versatile army, will have huge problems with artillery and magic. I would put in some wolves at least so you can screen the BKs. Probably should drop 1 squad of BKs. The lord set up is perfect to lead a BK squad tho...

The Brusier
06-06-2008, 10:57
Just remember that just one canon ball can ruin you vampires day/night, so don't put him into LOS of artillery (especially dwarfs), or a gunline, as if he isn't in combat, he cant do anything back. Plus, i'm not a fan of the 'versatile' vampire lord, as they can only do one thing at a time, and they might as well be awsome at that one thing. probs take him either magicy with wings, or fighty. I'd go magicy, as you can raise the much needed zombies into your army easily.