PDA

View Full Version : Ever lost your models?

Necros
03-06-2008, 14:29
So, I'm selling my house. While it's on the market to make things easier for the realtor to just show it whenever, I moved to my aunt's house a couple blocks away. I packed up all my game stuff and invested in a whole lot of army transport foam trays to keey my precious army men safe while I move em all over the place.

I got my little "hobby room" set up in a spare room my aunt had and I'm unpacking stuff. But I can't find my baneblade or any of my old marines who were lovingly stored in fresh army transport trays.. it's just nowhere to be found :( it's not in any of my boxes. I went home to my place and looked all around, and it's not there either :(

I could care less about the marines to be honest, I haven't touched em in years.. but the baneblade that I spent 3 weeks building and painting? nooooo! <weeps openly>

just praying it turns up.. it's gotta be here somewhere... I remember packing it up.. guess I will just have to keep searching... :/

fattdex
03-06-2008, 14:36
That sucks... I don't think I lost so much as a shaved off boltgun skull and moved twice :P

VikingThor
03-06-2008, 14:40
I recently moved too, and unfortunately I was unable to get army transports and had to put some models and sprues in boxes where they fit. I ran around ragged looking for stuff that I hadn't touched in years just on principle. I found most of the stuff, and to be honest, I found stuff I didn't know I had.

My advice: Be patient. Go through the stuff again, but be thorough, not just lifting the top thing off a box/transport, and really go through stuff. Either you will find it, or some heretic stole it, in which case s/he will burn in the eyes of the emperor forever. *spit*.

Irondog
03-06-2008, 14:43
While it does suck to lose models here and there, it doesn't compare to losing an entire army. I know a kid at our LGS that left his entire, fully-painted, Tau army on the bus. The kid was NOT pleased :(

Jedi152
03-06-2008, 14:48
I've lost tons over the years what with moving and the like.

I had an entire =][= Eldar Ranger vanish once.

GeminiGames
03-06-2008, 14:51
No but I had my half full skullz book stolen...lost out on a LE banner...as far as I am concerned its the model I lost :cries:.

Malorian
03-06-2008, 15:03
One of the guys in our group was waiting at the bus stop, got on, and left his case at the stop.

He got off and ran back but it was already gone.

Inside was an entire dark elves army (fantasy) based off expensive heavy calvary models.

PondaNagura
03-06-2008, 15:07
honestly none that i can think of. a few close calls of people trying to nab my stuff, but otherwise [knocks on wood], no.

i hope you find what your looking for.

Kronos
03-06-2008, 15:09
Well not that I've lost any, but i have learnt that the floor is no place for drying miniatures quickly with a fan on, mainly because if you have pet that loves chewing a plastic miniature seems like the perfect thing for it to destroy with it's little heretical teeth.

Anyway i suggest looking either through your boxes completley and also don't just look in your house but also in your aunts im pretty sure you've simply misplaced it when moving rather than forgetting to but it in one of the travel cases.

Matt121
03-06-2008, 15:12
While it does suck to lose models here and there, it doesn't compare to losing an entire army. I know a kid at our LGS that left his entire, fully-painted, Tau army on the bus. The kid was NOT pleased :(

I know how the kid feels, i work as a bus driver & i'm suprised at the amount of poeple (kids & adults) who get on the bus carrying an army case some of which are quite encumbersome, yet they manage to get off without it. I'm happy to say though that i've been able to reunite said cases & contents with their rightful owners. Though you wouldn't believe some of the other things Joe Public leaves behind on the bus but thats another topic for another day...;)

Hrw-Amen
03-06-2008, 15:16
Not so much lost, but I did have a nice model I'd converted from the S. Macharius, to represent an Imperial Navy Captain. I had spent hours on it, then came home from work one day to be told by my mother, (Long time before I was married.) to have a look at my models as the cat had jumped up onto the shelf where they were. She then handed me my model I'd spent so many hours on. It was all chewed up and the head, (A plastic one I had swapped.) was missing. Apparently the cat had tried to eat it! I was not best pleased.

Duncan.

BrianC
03-06-2008, 15:16
I've never lost models, bits of sprues including the big bit of a gaunt, but I have lost my leather bag that had around 80 dice in it. Whats weird is that I still have my templates and mini rule book that is normally kept in the bag but not the bag or the dice. I gave up trying to find it this weekend and brought all new dice as using just ten dice of the same colour scrounged from various board games (and needed to be returned after a game) made playing bigger games painfully slow.

Plastic Rat
03-06-2008, 15:21
So a couple of months back a friend and I are on a bus heading to an LGS. His eldar army is on the seat behind us and practically nobody else on the bus. (Bear in mind this guy's eldar are painted like... well he puts the 'eavy Metal guys to shame sometimes. Just gorgeous, you actually don't want to play with them they look so good.) Anyway, we're still talking, get off the bus and carry on walking.

Only when we start unpacking at the LGS does he ask me if I saw him take his case with him off the bus. Thinking back, neither of us had...

Huge panic, he races of, finds a cab gets the driver to chase down the bus. Luckily he knows the route. En-route the driver asks him why he looks so worried. Thinking fast he doesn't want to have to explain to a cab driver that he's irate because he just lost a bunch of very valuable toy soldiers. So he says, oh, just something valuable... need to get it off the bus.

The driver keeps pressing the issue. Laptop? Files? Chequebook? Eventually he relents and says, no, plastic models. The taxi driver (Singaporean --this was in Singapore) looks confused for a moment, then gets a knowing look in his eye.

"AAh! Sailor Moon! My daughter also collect!"

Anyway... eventually he gets to the bus depo... to find a bunch of anxious bus drivers standing around talking about a mysterious black case left on the bus. They're just about to call the bomb squad and likely blow up the entire bus just to be safe, when my friend pitches up and tells them it's his case.

Now of course he has to fill out a form and a bunch of rigmarole. On the form... 'Content's of article?'. So in front of a bunch of bus drivers he has to write 'plastic models'. Couple of raised eyebrows and shaken heads later he was out and still had an intact Eldar army.

the1stpip
03-06-2008, 16:22
One of the guys in our group was waiting at the bus stop, got on, and left his case at the stop.

He got off and ran back but it was already gone.

Inside was an entire dark elves army (fantasy) based off expensive heavy calvary models.

Thats shockling, as a friend of mine went to get a taxi, and left a case containing Eldar, but fortunately it turned out he had left them in the club.

The only thing I have lost was a very old M:TG deck that rocked. I wanted to show off to a bunch of lads who had just started playing, but I can't find it anywhere.

Killgore
03-06-2008, 16:42
I had a Basalisk i got for my birthday stolen from a local indy store years ago

and i managed to loose ALL of my old cardboard buildings that id aquired over the years, these included the full joust tents, the circle of blood campaign pack buildings/ bridge, several buildings you got with the old 5th ed Fantasy starter set, my Gorkamorka cardboard watchtower, my cardboard Eldar warp portal and the ruined sisters of battle cardboard shrine, the cardboard barracades and several other bits

sigh, so much terrain, so easily lost when placed into a box and forgotten about :(

LokkoRex
03-06-2008, 16:45
not as bad as your stories, but last year i visited a GW store for the second time in my life and bought me a tactical squad and a chaos marine lord. the same evening i unpack my bag and puts the two boxes besides my desk. the next day the lord is totally gone, nowhere to be seen. i searched my room five times over, but couldn't find it. i then looked through the entire house twice, but still couldn't find it. thats a bunch of money i'll never see again.

Fay_Redd
03-06-2008, 16:52
i can relate to the pet stories.

i was painting my Space Marines (salamanders to be exact, soo darn cool) one day, this was a good few years back as i havnt done marines for years, anyway. my cat (cat god rest his soul) jumped up onto my lap one day while i was doing said task and literrally took one of my command squad from the table and ran off with it, my mum then preceded to let the cat out of the back door, not knowing what was going on ofcourse, i havnt seen that marine since.

I later planned to sell my cat to pay for a tactical squad, obviously i woke up from my state of hate when it returned later in the evening and went to sleep next to me on the sofa.

Temprus
03-06-2008, 17:07
I had it happen twice. Many, many years ago, I was at a convention and left my then favorite mini :mad:, the original Terminator model (with some conversions) which I never should have taken with me in the first place (which I have since replaced). When I moved to Detroit a few year later, I had all my gaming stuff in storage. Years later, just as I was planning to get the stuff, they tell me they put the contents up for auction a few months before. :wtf: :cries: Thankfully I have been able to replace all the stuff that mattered since then, especially all the miniatures and floorplans/terrain. :D

Lordsaradain
03-06-2008, 17:08
I've lost alot pf dice etc, but never any models fourtunatly.

Culven
03-06-2008, 17:08
I have a mate who was letting some BFG Cruisers, which he had just painted, dry on an open window sill. When he returned a short time later, he found some missing, with a squirrel carrying off another. He said that he could even se one of the other ships poking out of a hole in the tree. I guess the squirrel was storing them to have something to do over the winter. :D

Killgore
03-06-2008, 17:26
not as bad as your stories, but last year i visited a GW store for the second time in my life and bought me a tactical squad and a chaos marine lord. the same evening i unpack my bag and puts the two boxes besides my desk. the next day the lord is totally gone, nowhere to be seen. i searched my room five times over, but couldn't find it. i then looked through the entire house twice, but still couldn't find it. thats a bunch of money i'll never see again.

i once bought a Black Templares conversion kit from a local indy store then went straight to work, after work i went back to my flat, and i couldnt find my new toys anywhere! i looked everywhere in my flat, everywhere at work, im convinced now that i must have left the bag on my door step when i was unlocking my door and left the bag outside >_<

\/\/raithlord
03-06-2008, 17:29
I hope that your Baneblade turns up, I'm sure it's packed somewhere but you didn't see it.
I once left a box at my LGS, containing a dreadnought and all the turrets for a land Raider, but when I returned it had been stolen, even with my name on it.
That left my Landraider out of commision for over 2 years, and I had to make a new power arm for my remaing Dreadnought.

Zorz Muaddieb
03-06-2008, 17:41
I moved in August and I am missing my box of about 9 battalion sets and some other boxes I packed with it and my box I packed all my blisters in. Still going through boxes, but I hate the feeling I lost that many minis.

-Z

03-06-2008, 19:41
I know somone who lost a monolith yes a whopping great monolith. but I mean how can you lose a monolith?

Lord Cook
03-06-2008, 21:02
I was on my way home after an evening at the local LGS, got to the train station and then suddenly remembered that I must be missing a guardsman, because there was a spare foam slot when I was packing up where there shouldn't have been. Ran back to the store and found nothing. When I walked back to the station dejectedly thinking someone had nicked it, I decided to have one more look in the case while waiting for the train. The little git had bayoneted the foam tray above him, sticking him to the bottom and making me miss him completely.

Only one guardsman but it was still worrying.

SirSnipes
03-06-2008, 21:20
my bro whosuedto have 10k of fantasy orks and mostly gobs back in 1998 lost his whole army when we moved to canada

Lord Inquisitor
03-06-2008, 21:26
I've left my carry case on a train twice, and got them back both times fortunately.

I had a big box of sprues I left in England that seems to have gone missing. Hope that turns up - if nothing else I could sell all that stuff if I'm not going to be using it!

Gobskrag 'Eadbasha
03-06-2008, 21:30
I lost a gretchin once. Looked for about a week before calling it quits. Then one night I woke up to go to the bathroom and stepped on the little bastard bare-footed. Now I always remove him first as a casualty.

jme
03-06-2008, 21:31
Years ago when I lost a case with an Empire army in, thought someone had stolen it. A couple of years later I go into my local GW and the staff (who I know) said someone had come in from the place we used to run our gaming club and said they had found a case with models in. The staff then produce the case with my Empire army in! Result!

Torga_DW
03-06-2008, 22:11
I'm missing a rtb01 womble marine from my womble tactical squad. Totally irreplacable. =(

paulb359
03-06-2008, 22:22
Every time I unpack my Grenadier army, I have less and less special weapon troopers...I should have 5 of each (Melta, Plasma etc.), but I don't :S

No idea where they've gone...

Metaphorazine
03-06-2008, 22:43
That's the problem with Plasma weaponry... :)

Frep
03-06-2008, 22:57
Too many "gets hot" results and you end up with a pile of cinders.

The only model I've ever lost is a temporary misplacement of a company champion, I'm certain he's around somewhere. Oh, and my brother once left my Gotrek and Felix omnibus on the tailgate of his neighbours truck for about twelve hours. He had no idea where it was, coming home that night he found it, needless to say he and I were quite relieved.

Railgunner
03-06-2008, 23:01
Ive just lost a shed load of dice...mostly my black dice which seem to work extremely well. I think my opponents must have caught onto how well they do and have started stealing them (fiendish barstewards) :(

RG

donuter
03-06-2008, 23:10
i lsot a 2000pts deathguard army once. i still weep for it. i left it in my LGS and then came back and gone. i painted the case for recognition but alas the plagues bear it now. a recuring thme in this thread is that eldar disappear and reappear, hmmmmmm......

Cherubael
04-06-2008, 10:32
I had a gaming case full of Chaos Dwarfs nicked from me at a local club, so half of my 4000 pts army was gone. Annoyingly the case also had my copy of the 40k rulebook in there as well, which added insult to injury.
Plus i then had the fun of reporting the theft at a police station and explaining why a box full of toy soldiers was valuable.

Promethius
04-06-2008, 10:43
I've lost quite a few models to the depths of my 'rents attic. God alone knows what is lurking in the depths of those reaches! There's a landspeeder in there somewhere that I want back, a derth of BL publications, a leman russ demolisher and also either two or three leman russ (it's been so long I can't remember how many I own!). There are also about 3000 pts of old metal cadians lovingly painted lurking in the depths, along with a vast collection of bfg stuff. Thing is, I can scarcely summon the enthusiasm to go rooting round in there, and explaining why a 24 year old doctor wants to spend hours looking for plastic toys to my 'rents is hard to do!

Free Spirit
04-06-2008, 11:43
Topicstarter, a baneblade is big! I hope it's in there somewhere for you.

I myself havent lost models, always careful when cleaning up the gaming table etc. I did hear a story bout a guy who left his case with models in the train coming back from a tourney. It was returned to him eventually but it was quite a shocker.

ScytheSwathe
04-06-2008, 13:09
Im forever leaving my pathfinders in any white terrain, damn camo. Never lost anything big, but im sure i used to have twice as many night goblins as i do now, and a few more of the old skool striking scorps.

Hope the OP finds his stuff, i would be gutted

slade the slaughter
04-06-2008, 15:49
I have never misplaced anything, but 2 years ago my bedroom and all
on my belongings was destoryed in a house fire. I lost everything
and didn’t have any insurance.
I lost my first ever army (space marines) and all my paints, brushs, etc all gone.

Killgore
04-06-2008, 16:08
I have never misplaced anything, but 2 years ago my bedroom and all
on my belongings was destoryed in a house fire. I lost everything
and didnít have any insurance.
I lost my first ever army (space marines) and all my paints, brushs, etc all gone.

oh dear, sorry to hear that

house fire is one of my biggest worrys, i dont care about my PC/ TV/ XBOX360/ cloths, they can all be replaced

but my models stretching back 12 years and the Thousands of pounds spent will be irreplaceable

Terror of the East
04-06-2008, 16:14
My friends GF accedently threw out his entire Tau army and a huge imperial guard army when they moved as she didnt realise what they were..or how much they cost him...he was so shocked at finding this out that he couldnt face buyin another army for many years! the horror!

KeeganKatastrofee
04-06-2008, 16:17
i've left a carnosaur, fully painted and modeled at my LGS, but they returned it to me, because i had bought it there and they knew it was imne

i've seen people leave monoliths at my LGS

someone left 2500 points of Eldar at my LGS

etc. etc.

KeeganKatastrofee
04-06-2008, 16:18
oh dear, sorry to hear that

house fire is one of my biggest worrys, i dont care about my PC/ TV/ XBOX360/ cloths, they can all be replaced

but my models stretching back 12 years and the Thousands of pounds spent will be irreplaceable

Ahhhh yes.

i also fear house fire
but if i had one, my models are all in two cases, so i'd just grab those and run like hell. =P

Embalmed
04-06-2008, 16:19
Yeah last time I moved I packed all my stuff into boxes and told my parents which should go to the dump, which should go to a storage and which should go to my new place.

Well a couple of the boxes got misplaced and two of the must-have boxes got thrown on the dump. I lost half my Ogres army, most of my GW books, all my DnD books, even the suckers I kept since the first printing of 1 st edition, bunches of CDs and unknown amounts of things I havent missed yet :cries:

DarthSte
04-06-2008, 16:20
Hoping to move house shortly. [Mental Note]Don't lose your models.[/Mental Note]

Emperor's Grace
04-06-2008, 19:35
I know somone who lost a monolith yes a whopping great monolith. but I mean how can you lose a monolith?

I lost one in a move. It's still in box, somewhere...

Lord Inquisitor
04-06-2008, 20:46
Hmm... thinking about it, I had a number of models go missing from GW stores where they were on display:
- a unit of converted knights
- a unit of converted ghouls
- a scratch-built giant dire wolf

Oh, and I was once mugged and had my forgeworld warhound titan I had just received stolen! Don't feel bad, those nice chaps at Forgeworld gave me a second one...

donuter
04-06-2008, 20:52
how do you confirm your warhound was 'stolen' (i'm not saying your lying but if some one wanted two.....)

Hicks
04-06-2008, 20:54
I too feel the pain of loosing models. Over the years I lost a Van Saar with shotgun, various figures from my then Vampire Counts army, also had a 4000pts tyranid army stolen (at least the minis were the old ones and in bad shape). I also have some SM sprues that have completely disapeared I could use :(.

Necros
04-06-2008, 21:05
So sad to hear about so many things being lost or stolen. I do hope my marines and baneblade turn up. I haven't had a chance to look again since my post but now I'm starting to think I may have wrapped it in a towel or something before sticking it in a box, so when I was looking through the boxes I didn't see it right away.

When I was cleaning a few months back, found some old stuff in a box in the attic.. it was 2 units of old metal terminators, a vindicare and eversor assassin and the land speeder that came with my 3rd edition box set :)

I guess I'll just have to wait and see if it all turns up... if not I have a good excuse to buy a new one with my extra "just sold my house" money

Wyrdstone
04-06-2008, 21:10
I once forgot my converted ork warboss at GW
it cost me so much to build and so long to paint
extremely lucky I got it back
phew...

Althanan
04-06-2008, 21:15
Ahhhh yes.

i also fear house fire
but if i had one, my models are all in two cases, so i'd just grab those and run like hell. =P

No offense, but as much as I love the game and my armies, but there's a LOT of things I'd grab on my way out of my burning apartment before my cases. My cats, photos, etc...

It helps that I have pretty good renter's insurance, but still... priorities, man...

George Dorn
04-06-2008, 21:47
When we have newbies at the club we'll often invite them to join in - take a squad and play as doubles, say.

Well a new youth took me up on my offer and joined in with my Marines. Upon packing up, he'd disappeared and so had one of my tactical squads.

I felt pretty small when I noticed back home that the Rhino rattled :o

Valo
04-06-2008, 21:56
I somehow managed to lose a FW landraider for my BA,complete with teh xtra armour kit,BA doors,and chapter sybols....Quite mad.

I'm also missing a sungle Red scrpions tactical marine.I'm pretty sure some grubby little kit swiped it at hobby show during our masive apocalypse game.

Oh yeah I also managed to misplace,and completly forget about the imperial city i bought......3 months later while looking for my snowboard under my bed:

"HEY!!!,what the hell!!I had know Idea i even had this."

or teh 3rd edition starter set I found in my closet,that to this day I still have no idea where it came from!

Xaskus
04-06-2008, 21:58
I actually have a couple stories about people losing models. First off my friend was riding the bus home and he had the flu all week, he was the only person on the bus and he had his entire mordian imperial guard with him. Now as the bus pulled into the station the bus made a sudden stopped and made him lose his his lunch all over the back of the bus and instead of dealing with the bus driver he just ran, leaving his army behind. It sucks because that was the one army he has ever fully painted.

Next, my old room mate had his Thousand Sons army (he is a multiple Golden Daemon and his army showed this) in the trunk of his car and at a red light he got rear ended and his trunk was no more. After he got out of the hospital we were able to pry open the rear end of his car and needless to say his Thousand Sons were in thousands of pieces.

Super Ninja
04-06-2008, 22:53
About 4 years ago when I first started playing 40K I lost a whole SM army. since I was just a lazy kid at the time I didnt have alot of money for troops, nor did I have any painting or gaming expertise. I made all of the worst mistakes: Not sticking to one army and repainting my entire army several times (BA, Raven Guard, then a made up BA sucessor), painting my models quickly and slopily, failing miserably to take care of my brushes, and fighting elitist-super-veteran gamers and losing horably. Eventualy I had soo many losses and had made soo many mistakes building my army, that I chucked all of it into a box and stored it away. For a whole winter I had No toys to play with and no minis to paint (I also started listening to LP and walking around my house depressed all day). Those were dark days...:cries:

But one gloomy, cloudy day I glanced over to my GW figure case siting derilect in my room. I opened it up and found that I had forgotten to store away my (porly painted) death company. Seeing these warriors of destruction inspired me to restart my BA. With renewed hope, I scoured my home looking for my old marines to use as a starter force. But after half a year of genuine depression I had completely forgotten where I had stored all 1,000 points of them. Undaunted, my mom took me over to my LGS and bought me a fresh tactical squad. I still continued to scouer my home, looking for my lost boys. The only models I found were a 3rd ed. plastic Termy sgt. and a tac. marine under the heater in my parent's room:confused:.

Uber Scroober
05-06-2008, 01:05
Im just starting an IG army and im gona hopefully end up getting death korps someday. I hope i dont lose them...lol

baphomael
05-06-2008, 01:29
bah, I left a 2000pt Ork army behind the counter at a local GW store while I went to get some lunch, came back to find it gone - obviously, some little scrote half-inched it. I was not very pleased at that one.

Fenix Felder
05-06-2008, 01:29
I managed to loose my very first mini, it was an odd 2nd edition orc that i got from a friend about 5 years ago it was old at the time, it was the first mini I painted and even tough it was ugly i loved it, dont know where it is its been lost for the past 3-2 years :cries:

Prophaniti
05-06-2008, 01:33
I managed to leave an entine 1500pt painted tau force on the train. Never handed in anywhere. So either someone was very disappointed with their free computer, or the bomb squad got a free army.

Lord Malorne
05-06-2008, 01:38
I left my big LE case on a bus with a huge Night Goblin army in it, gets off bus, walks at a leisurely pace home thinking of the day i had then wonder why my arm is not 'heavy' looks down...:eek: army gone, race home get a lift to bus depo (we have never gone that way on bus so are franticly driving along the main road) gets there, see a the bus :D (yay it was there) with two driver speaking and one holding the case.

Gets it back with no worries...ever since (about a year and a half now) I hug my case when ever I travel...my baby...

Lord Inquisitor
05-06-2008, 01:47
how do you confirm your warhound was 'stolen' (i'm not saying your lying but if some one wanted two.....)
Ha! Well, both my wife and my store manager independently rang up Forgeworld about it. Now don't you go thinking naughty thoughts like that...

No offense, but as much as I love the game and my armies, but there's a LOT of things I'd grab on my way out of my burning apartment before my cases. My cats, photos, etc...

It helps that I have pretty good renter's insurance, but still... priorities, man...
You know what? I think I'd agree with him. Obviously my kids are my first priority but of my possessions, my cases might be my most valued items. Everything else I own is just stuff, but my sculpts, conversions and armies are quite literally unique.

I managed to leave an entine 1500pt painted tau force on the train. Never handed in anywhere. So either someone was very disappointed with their free computer, or the bomb squad got a free army.
Or made an expensive controlled explosion!

Mr.terminatorbob
05-06-2008, 02:26
I've left my converted Space Marine librarian at a game store once, and never seen it again. Same with a Space Marine codex, that I lost at the same store. And I've lost 3 pots of paint, two of which are essintial to my current Tau paint scheme..and Now I cant paint!...

librerian_samae
05-06-2008, 07:35
I have recently lost:

2 squads of converted sonic weapon slaanesh noisemarine terminators,

converted noise marine sonic weapon sorceror (poorly done but sentimental value huge, one of the very first minis I got)

converted noise marine sonic weapon terminator lord

3rd edition deamonettes (I really am kickking myself as these are georgeous models and they cannot be replaced at the momment it seems)

and my kit bashed, hevily green stuff sculpted slaanesh knight titan that cost in the end over £100 quid to do.

Add to that some of my witch hunters army made up of old out of production stormtroopers and adeptus arbite, lemman russ, the sisters of battle organ gun tank, converted chimera auto cannon turrets (strangely still have the actual tanks?!?!?)
And a saint celestine converted with wings and power halberd like the front cover.

I am uterly gutted as they were all almost/ compleatly finished.

:cries:

officer kerky
05-06-2008, 08:13
my best mate lost his brand new space marine techmarine and terminators riding on a train on the way home that was the last he ever saw of them he was not happy

RexTalon
05-06-2008, 08:19
My ex-wifes dog (Cocker/Poodle) ate a freshly converted Chimera. I was pissed, but what could I do. It was a stupid dog. Then my ex tells me, "It's just a stupid toy. I don't know why you're mad." And that's why she's my ex. :)

grg3d
05-06-2008, 14:32
Didn't loose the 10 Necron Destroyers......

Had them on the porch railing on a peice of cardboard drying from undercoating them black....strong wind and my landlord was mowing the lawn...well you can guess what happend next :cries:

Ollieb
05-06-2008, 15:08
Not GW minis but hilarious. Have a cat and moved into an new house. The wife wanted to spread some catnip around to help it get settled in. We kept the catnip in a big baggie in the kitchen and unloaded all those boxes first. The catnip was no where to be found. The only thing we could figure is that one of the movers mistook it for pot and figured we wouldn't be calling the cops to report that he took our stash. I'd have given anything to be there when they smoked it.

Keichi246
05-06-2008, 16:29
I've been pretty lucky - I've misplaced quite a few figures in my house - but I've only lost a couple (most likely to thieving gits) at our (now gone) local GW store. Biggest loss was lovingly painted apothecary.

The worst horror story I know was to an acquaintance of mine. He had one of those big rolling cart transports with something like 10k points of 3 armies in it. Left it at the stop while he walked a few steps away to talk to a (female) friend. When he got back to the stop, it was gone. Most expensive date he had ever lined up...

Mercer
05-06-2008, 16:31
I've never lost anything. I always put them away after finishing and the main, big, delicate models are kept on a shelf. So far so good :)

Mercer

General Squeek Squeek
05-06-2008, 17:42
I know how it feels to lose models precious to you. I'm a skaven player and 99.5% of the time I pack everything up without losing a model, but with 400+models on the board I still manage to lose 1-2 models everyday:(. Can't imagine losing my entire army though think I'd curl up in a ball for a few day and just cry:cries:.

Fist of Crimson
05-06-2008, 17:54
Ahhhh yes.

i also fear house fire

Poor planning that.
I'd grab my wife first!
There's way too much GW stuff for me to carry by myself!

RexTalon
05-06-2008, 18:45
Poor planning that.
I'd grab my wife first!
There's way too much GW stuff for me to carry by myself!
That comment was brought to you by the word, "Win".

Necros
21-06-2008, 14:37
Woohoo!

So, I was cleaning out my attic getting ready to move soon... and I found my lost stuff :) My whole marine army, my baneblade, and a few nids that got packed up with em :)

Somebody must have stashed em up there when we were cleaning up for an open house or something.

Promethius
21-06-2008, 15:58
I actually found three of the four tanks Iid lost to the ravages oif the attic yesterday - and promptly got my hands coated in superglue converting them. Oh, heaven!

Mad Doc Grotsnik
21-06-2008, 16:21
HAd the odd model pinched here and there, but I have somehow gained a crap load of Dark Elf stuff.

Old Crossbowmen, Spearmen, Witch Elves, Blackguard, even Malus Darkblade on foot. They aren't mine. And they aren't my flatmates....but they are in my room... :wtf:

Earthbeard
21-06-2008, 16:21
Lost about 3 of the original predator, ork battlewagon and 2 leman russes.
Also a massive collection of my AVP ccg cards.

Never did find them :(

Necrobat
21-06-2008, 16:36
HAd the odd model pinched here and there, but I have somehow gained a crap load of Dark Elf stuff.

Old Crossbowmen, Spearmen, Witch Elves, Blackguard, even Malus Darkblade on foot. They aren't mine. And they aren't my flatmates....but they are in my room... :wtf:
Apply the rule of finders keepers then? :p

I haven't lost any models... yet. *touch wood* I have misplaced my brushes on occasion though.

Edzard
21-06-2008, 18:01
I lost my scatter dice, but I think I have never lost a model :)

Hive Mind 33
21-06-2008, 18:10
Not yet, but i have lost that one piece. You know you all know that one piece.

downundercadet07
21-06-2008, 18:29
Woohoo!

So, I was cleaning out my attic getting ready to move soon... and I found my lost stuff :) My whole marine army, my baneblade, and a few nids that got packed up with em :)

Somebody must have stashed em up there when we were cleaning up for an open house or something.

Good to hear! I was pretty sure that is what had happened after you described the situation.

The only minis I have lost permanently were 8 fire dragons. I had spent all day painting them at the downtown Sydney GW and I got mugged in that little alley there where the street cuts over to the QVB. Lame. Sucks for the mugger though, he was probably confused when he opened that shoebox a couple miles later.

Then there are my rangers ( I know! I know I work my rangers into every thread I post on but I am proud of them!) whose camoline is a little too effective, as they are always sneaking off into the bushes, comic books, etc. I always find them after a few days though. They must have mapped my entire LGS. That is why they can move through impassable terrain, I imagine.

Partisan Rimmo
21-06-2008, 18:40
I've had 5 Catachan Heavy bolter teams and a signed Chaos Codex disappear. I just went to look for them one day, and they could not been located.

I've been waiting years and years, and I've decided someone must have taken them at an event I was at.

Warboss jackjack
21-06-2008, 19:22
When I collected lotr I lost some khazad guard, apparenty they were stolen by this american who went to my flgs.

Warpcrafter
21-06-2008, 19:35
I once got in a wreck while carrying my huge Eldar army in the back seat. My armorcast revenant titan went flying out the window and apparently landed more than fifty yards away because I spent two days searching a vacant lot for it.

Doomseer
22-06-2008, 11:57
After a rather messy split with my ex about 9 years ago, I left my original Space Wolves, (my first ever fully painted 1500pt army plus all the character models including Leman Russ!!), in her parents attic intending to retrieve them at a later date. Unfortunately things deteriorated between us and I didn't get the chance to go get them myself.
Since then I have been on better speaking terms with her and she agreed to hunt them down for me. The trouble is, her parents have since moved house and have "absolutely no idea" what she is referring to and there is no sign of them in their new house!!

Alas, they are lost to me...:cries:

Angelwing
22-06-2008, 13:13
Not my model but I painted up a new release warlord titan (for epic 40k release). My manager took it to head office to learn the game. He didn't bring it back. I painted another for the store and that got mislaid during a big saturday game. The store staff spent a few weeks painting space wolves for games day. Most of the army didn't come back!
I haven't lost anything of my own, but I have just moved house, and the figure cases are all over the place. I could take serveral tries to find what I want.

vartemis
22-06-2008, 17:24
I have a few misplaced models. When I get a new model, I open it up to make sure that the casting is ok, and then I seal it in a ziplock bag. Currently I can't find the limited edition Inquisitor Model (guy pointing his hand, wearing a hat and trenchcoat). I know I had him when I moved into the house, but I have no idea where he got put. he's probably buried in a box somewhere.

j

Warboss Antoni
22-06-2008, 19:07
I lose A LOT. I am not really a forgetful person, but when I go to the local shop to play a game, and when I need to leave, I usually forget something because of the rush to get out. Heres just a small list of what I recently lost:
Giant
Fantasy Mini Book
Hordes of Chaos Book
6 Chaos Warriors ( which eans I can't run a 2k list anymore, if I had the book )
Dreadnought ( although I found who took it/ruined it and I just don't care anymore )
Converted looted landspeeder ( which someone took and destroyed the conversion to try and use as a normal speeder )