PDA

View Full Version : Warbands Update?

sir_valance
03-06-2008, 14:37
What's the latest version of Warbands?

Where do you find it? I can't seem to locate the UK version anymore :(

And are there any updates yet concerning Daemons/VC/etc???

$

RogueGeneralHunter
03-06-2008, 19:13
Now that you mention it...

I can't find them ether. On the US or UK...

What is going on???

sir_valance
13-06-2008, 09:26
What is going on???

Not a lot I suppose... :(

OldMaster
13-06-2008, 09:51
Warbands...?

Well, the UK site is rarely upgraded. The didn't even upgrade it with the new Deamons!
So, uk.games-workshop.com is almost dead.
www.games-workshop.com, lives,though. Althouhgh with a few articles etc.

Lordsaradain
13-06-2008, 11:39
I hope GW will release a new version of warbands with the new warrior book, man I remember playing warbands with my friends about 3 yrs ago, fun times!

RogueGeneralHunter
13-06-2008, 14:08
It looks like GW is moving towards a Single website model instead of one for each major region.

I don't think this is the smartest thing GW has done... :D

Mercules
13-06-2008, 14:27
It looks like GW is moving towards a Single website model instead of one for each major region.

I don't think this is the smartest thing GW has done... :D

Not to mention it is now a big online storefront instead of a place to go and read about interesting topics concerning the hobby. It is all "Look at the standard models, they are this much." No new conversion articles or battle reports that I can find. They removed many of the extra rules they had up there, like the Warbands rules. Thankfully I downloaded many of those a LONG time ago.

InsideReticle
13-06-2008, 15:25
I still have a copy of the warbands rules, which is fortunate. However, I'd really like them to update the rules for the new army lists, and since they've taken it down completely, maybe do a rewrite of the whole thing.

Tarliyn
13-06-2008, 18:34
warbands= skirmish right? if so I have the rules and can send them to whoever wants them

just send me a pm

Greymarch
13-06-2008, 19:50
warbands= skirmish right? if so I have the rules and can send them to whoever wants them

just send me a pm

No, Warbands is 200-500 point games using mainly the normal rules (some modifications).

InsideReticle
14-06-2008, 07:22
I'd say warbands is about halfway between mordheim and true warhammer. Minimum unit sizes are smaller (three for infantry, two for cav, one for 40mm or larger bases), and there's a campaign system for hero growth (rpg-type system) as well as unit experience (they can become veterans).

It's really nice for getting people into the hobby, since the majority of the 'real' rules are used, but there are fewer models (and thus a smaller initial investment).