PDA

View Full Version : Fun O&G army list 2250 pts rate it

KingOfStarcraft
03-06-2008, 14:43
Characters:
Gorbad Ironclaw 310 (converted into the great goblin king on his Big spider)
Goblin shaman lvl 1, 2 dispel scrolls, wolf chariot 165
Night Goblin big boss, great weapon 34
Night Goblin big boss, great weapon, pipes of doom 69 pts

Character total: 513

Core:
21 Night Goblins, archers, musician, fanatic 104 pts (flank protectors)
21 Night Goblins, archers, musician, fanatic 104 pts (flank protectors)
28 Night Goblins, nets, 1 fanatic, full command 167 pts (King unit)
29 Night Goblins, nets, 1 fanatic, full command 167 pts (hero unit)
29 Night Goblins, nets, 1 fanatic, full command 167 pts (hero unit
21 Night Goblins, shields 63 pts
21 Night Goblins, shields 63 pts
5 Wolf riders, spears 65 pts
5 Wolf riders, spears 65 pts
5 Spider riders, spears 65 pts
5 Spider riders, spears 65 pts

Core total: 1162

Special:
Rock Lobber 70 pts
Rock Lobber 70 pts
Spear Chukka 35 pts
Spear Chukka 35 pts
Wolf Chariot 60 pts

Special Total: 270

Rare:
4 Trolls 160 pts
4 Trolls 160 pts

Rare total: 320

Total points: 2249
Models: 215
Deployments: 16
Power Dice: 3
Dispel Dice: 3 & 2 scrolls

Tactic is to engage the enemy and grind him down. With ld 10 and decent combat abilitys this should be possible. Fun army or boring? Would you enjoy a game vs this army?

GeminiGames
03-06-2008, 14:49
Only one fanatic in the units? usualy it is good to put two or more in one and none in another as the enemy will not know were they are...trick them good :D.

KingOfStarcraft
03-06-2008, 14:58
Only one fanatic in the units? usualy it is good to put two or more in one and none in another as the enemy will not know were they are...trick them good :D.

Could work. But I prefer to spread them out

Walls
03-06-2008, 15:09
I am learning full command in NG units just is not worth it. Easy VP's for the banner and extra points for your boss in the unit who does nothing really. Always take a musician though and free up the other two's points for something else. I'd say take the Wolf Chariot off as well and use any free pts on more artillery.

Basically archers out in front, hth goblins on either side of the hill o' artillery. Use the spider and wolf riders for march blocking and war machine hunting.

Don't move or charge with your NG's at all, just magic and shoot the opponents to death until they're close enough to unload a BOATFUL of fanatics.

KingOfStarcraft
03-06-2008, 15:11
I am learning full command in NG units just is not worth it. Easy VP's for the banner and extra points for your boss in the unit who does nothing really. Always take a musician though and free up the other two's points for something else. I'd say take the Wolf Chariot off as well and use any free pts on more artillery.

Basically archers out in front, hth goblins on either side of the hill o' artillery. Use the spider and wolf riders for march blocking and war machine hunting.

Don't move or charge with your NG's at all, just magic and shoot the opponents to death until they're close enough to unload a BOATFUL of fanatics.

But I dont want A gunline :angel:. The musician could be worth it but with LD10 it probably is not nesessary

Krusty
03-06-2008, 21:28
you are severly over-estimating the power of gorbad...

you cant always count on him being close enough even with 18 inch range...

and he better be going into some unit, or hes as good as dead...

melgorth
03-06-2008, 22:29
Yea and when he takes one wound the range of his leadership goes down to 6 inches and that can happen easily enough.

KingOfStarcraft
06-06-2008, 17:01
Yea and when he takes one wound the range of his leadership goes down to 6 inches and that can happen easily enough.

How is this gonna be easy? with first strike no light cavalry rush to take out 1 wound is gonna work.

Destroyer of Eternities
06-06-2008, 18:11
i find tht one fanatic is enough as if you have to many they start killing ur own units

Krusty
06-06-2008, 19:08
How is this gonna be easy? with first strike no light cavalry rush to take out 1 wound is gonna work.

not talking about combat there, buddy...

shooting and magic is death to single models

sephiroth87
06-06-2008, 21:59
not talking about combat there, buddy...

shooting and magic is death to single models

Ideally, he should NEVER get picked out unless he's running alone, which he wouldn't. You'd just put him in a goblin unit, which is perfectly legal. You might be thinking about Grimgor Ironhide, who HAS to join a black orc unit or walk by himself. Gorbad can join goblin units, and a lot of beardy players do it with a warboss toting the battleaxe of the last waaagh leading a unit of 40 Night Goblins.

As for the list, I think you have too many small night goblin units across the table. A good opponent will pick a weak point in the line and run everything at it, and then he'll be behind you. I would have two big anvil units in the middle with well over 30 goblins, 2 fanatics, and netters. About 35-40 models is about right for these units. If I'm running goblins, I'd take 40 goblins for these 2 units. I would drop the units without fanatics and use the points to take some good hammer units. You'll find that 8 trolls takes up a lot of room in that 18'' leadership radius, so dropping 4 trolls for a giant makes the army able to pack in a smaller area and lets the giant run outside of the bubble as a flanker.

Also, you essentially have a character slot open with the bigboss with the great weapon. Why not change it to a bigboss on a wolf with the one hit wunda? He'd be a decent fighter, and if he needed to run out to kill something big, just charge him out and let him kill stuff. Even more effective would be giving him the brimstone bauble and letting him run into dragons and chariots, hoping for a ugly death.

All that said, the list is good even as it is. You can win with it. I think running the spider as Gorbad is a little hairy, but it's probably effective.

Krusty
06-06-2008, 22:57
Ideally, he should NEVER get picked out unless he's running alone, which he wouldn't. You'd just put him in a goblin unit, which is perfectly legal. You might be thinking about Grimgor Ironhide, who HAS to join a black orc unit or walk by himself. Gorbad can join goblin units, and a lot of beardy players do it with a warboss toting the battleaxe of the last waaagh leading a unit of 40 Night Goblins.

And how exactly are you going to fit a character on a 25MMx50MM base into a unit of goblins on 20MMx20MM bases?

sephiroth87
07-06-2008, 03:35
You can run any regular orc character in a goblin unit, barring special specific rules like Grimgor's. It looks a little funny due to the base size difference, but it's perfectly legal. It's a sight better looking than trying to cram in Skarsnik into a goblin unit. It's the same difference as putting a goblin shaman into a unit of orcs, which is also extremely common. There's no rule against orc characters leading goblins or goblin characters leading orcs.

People have put mounted characters into 20mm based units ever since 7th edition came out.