PDA

View Full Version : Skaven 1k list - need advise

Black Antelope
03-06-2008, 16:06
I have a 800 point list for my Skaven currently.

Hero
Chieftain – General, Heavy Armour, Shield, Bands of Power, Sword of Battle - 101
Warlock Engineer – SWPA, UWEC, Warp-blades, Storm Daemon, Warpstone Amulet - 135
Core
Clanrat (25) – Full Command, Ratling gun – 210
Clanrat (25) – Full Command – 150
Giant Rat Pack (3) – 90
Night Runner (5) – Extra Hand Weapon – 35
Night Runner (5) – Extra Hand Weapon – 35
Slaves (20) – Musician – 44

800 points

How would you expand it to 1K. I was thinking of another unit of slaves, Ratling gun and a cheap Warlock.

The only other models I have are Ratswarms (2) and Ratogres (2). I also have Ogre Bulls (4) I could inculde.

On the Night Runners - they act as a screen for the Ratling, ExHW or TS?

What would you expand to for 1500p?

==Me==
03-06-2008, 18:32
Well, first off, you can get rid of the Condenser on your Engineer. You have 2 pool dice and he generates 1, so 3 total. With the accumulator he can use 3 to cast, and since he has no other spells, the extra power die is wasted. That saves you 15 points.

Chieftain looks good and killy. I tend to run a cheaper one (heavy armor, great weapon, Warpstone Amulet = 78) so I can take more rats.

You've got plenty of magic and firepower, so I wouldn't think a 2nd engineer or gun would be necessary. I would add a 2nd unit of Slaves (you can never have enough), the Rat Ogres (fast, solid flankers), and either a small tunneling team to deal with war machines or shooters and cause problems in the backfield or a BSB for even more reliable clanrats.

Black Antelope
04-06-2008, 11:39
How about:

Hero
Chieftain – General, Heavy Armour, Shield, Sword of Battle - 76
Warlock Engineer – SWPA, Warp-blades, Storm Daemon, Warpstone Amulet - 120
Core
Clanrat (29) – Full Command, Ratling gun – 230
Clanrat (25) – Full Command – 150
Giant Rat Pack (3) – 90
Night Runner (5) – 25
Night Runner (5) – 25
Slaves (25) – Musician – 54
Slaves (25) – Musician – 54
Special
Rat Ogre (2) - 100
Gutter Runners (5) - Tunneling - 75

999 points

Chieftain joins larger unit of clanrats. Mage joins smaller or wanders on his own. Rat packs flank charge, Night runners + slaves screen, Gutter runners jump war machines, Ogres hit enermy cav/low Ld units.

==Me==
04-06-2008, 13:29
Looks good, though you may want to give the GRs poisoned hand weapons to boost their combat effectiveness and save some points. Also, dropping some slaves or clannies can let you grab some more if you like. Otherwise, looks solid.

ZeroTwentythree
04-06-2008, 15:42
I agree, gutter runners with poisoned hand weapons are going to be more effective than three shots with throwing stars.

If the night runners are only being used to screen, I'd skip the extra hand weapon.

Shamfrit
05-06-2008, 01:31
Screen the ratling in a circle formation.

Or anything less than S5 = less chance of panic.

Black Antelope
05-06-2008, 16:55
Screen the ratling in a circle formation.

Or anything less than S5 = less chance of panic.

lol, learnt to do that when I wiped my 500p army with a misfire

- changed second posting of list

Looks good, though you may want to give the GRs poisoned hand weapons to boost their combat effectiveness

Hmm, why?
as I understood it poison is autowound on 6 to wound?
is that right?

ZeroTwentythree
05-06-2008, 20:25
Hmm, why?
as I understood it poison is autowound on 6 to wound?
is that right?

Rolls of 6 to hit cause a wound automatically (no S vs T roll required.) It's especially good against higher T figures.

Wolfmother
06-06-2008, 21:32
i would probably drop the rat ogres, the giant rat pack and the rattling gun(although i love them) and would take another warlock engineer this way you will dominate the magic phase and you may get bands though more often.

"Mage joins smaller or wanders on his own"

i wouldnt go wondering a warlock engineer around as they are really vunerable.

"Gutter runners jump war machines" lmao maby dark elf crew but bump into dwarf crewmen and 5 guuter runners without poison will take a kicking.

night runners are personally not my stle but are popular with alot of skaven playes so i wont nock them :P