PDA

View Full Version : brettonian peasant list 2000pts

nurgle_boy
22-10-2005, 20:02
ok, basically, the idea is of a grail knight, that has been fighting and questing all his life, untill he recieved an omen from the lady, to fight alongside the peasants that had served him so well. he gifted them with equipment to fightwith, andeven a chosen few, with noble bretonian steeds, and lances, to fulfill the legens of yeomen becoming knights of the realm. now he has his peasants, and other commoners to swarm the enemy, and overwhelm them, whilst stil fighting as nobely as a peasant can (which isnt too noble!).

well, here goes nothing!

Griswald the Empithetic- Virtue of empathy (paying normal points), grail vow, guilded curias, dragins claw, morningstar, enchanted shield=244 (goes with big peasant unit)
Eugine the noble peasant- virtue of empathy (pays double cost), banner of the commoners (as banner of the lady. represents swarming peasants overwhelming with sheer numbers)=180 (goes in big unit)

Henrietta the fabled healer- sacrament of the lady=145 (goes with smaller peasant unit)
Rapunzel the enchanted- dispel scroll=130
Griselda the arcane hag- dispel scroll=130

the fabled yoemen of the realm-5 knights of the realm=120

Griswald loyal peasants- 38 men at arms, with full command=217
Guardians of the enchantress- 29 men at arms. spears, full command=177
Watchers of the Hag- 29 men at arms, spears, full command=177

Archers of the peasant realm- 10 bowmen, braziers=65

Yeomen of the peasant realm- 5 mounted yeomen, musician=97
Yeomen of the peasant realm- 5 mounted yeomen, musician=97

breaker of cities- trebuchet with craftsman=100
feller of walls- trebuchet with craftsmen=100

TOTAL=1999

models- 131 on foot, 15 mounted, 2 warmachines

magic-
casting pool- 2+2+2+2(4)=8(10)
dispel- 2+1+1+1=5, 2 scrolls

well, some C&C, and tactics help would be ncie, and i know the units are big, but thats how i find them effective.

Thane McHammer
22-10-2005, 20:24
To be frank...

I like it. I really, really like it. Though I do not play Brettonians myself, I find that the background fluff and the army itself to be (in my mind) what a realistic (if you can call it that) Brettonian army would be like: An elite unit of knights backed by hundred of peasents.

For tactics, it looks like a 'bog and bash' army. You tie up the enemy with large units of peasents, and then flank charge with the knights, with the fast cavalry for support flanking. You have solid magic defence, good shooting, and I think people will be rather shocked to find that an apparently soft and squishy unit of fodder is actually a very effective delivery service.

Get medieval on their asses!

Icepick
22-10-2005, 20:27
Alright NB you spicy man,

I really like this list (i liked it when you first suggested it a while back) but perhaps add more "knights"? to it for that extra something. Also i hope you have more luck with the trebuchet then i do. (with two you're likely to at least have one left at the end of the first turn)

Lord Anathir
23-10-2005, 00:17
How do you plan on defednig ur flanks of ur blocks of infantry. 5 knights cna hardly be called a durable defense. how will you protect ur trebuchets? What will you do against a defensive army with superior range and firepower (aka magic-ish ary)?

In the end, the unit of 38 is overkill..make ur units 25 strong, use the extra points to get another unit of 5 knights

samw
23-10-2005, 03:10
Change the set up on your lord. Enchanted shield, Gromril Great Helm, and the birthsword of carcassone would be a good one.

nurgle_boy
23-10-2005, 09:34
How do you plan on defednig ur flanks of ur blocks of infantry. 5 knights cna hardly be called a durable defense. how will you protect ur trebuchets? What will you do against a defensive army with superior range and firepower (aka magic-ish ary)?

In the end, the unit of 38 is overkill..make ur units 25 strong, use the extra points to get another unit of 5 knights

in the end, my battle line will be all crunched up, so my flanks wont be exposed. even if they are, i have fast cav.

unless the enemy goes outright magic, , they still only have 1 more wizard than me (abliet lvl4), and i could easily drop enough for 2 more scrolls.

the units are big, because they need to be. peasants CANT fight, so i need the units to get a basic combat res of 5 (unless outnumbered, but with huge units, its rare), to win combats.

a defensive army with more firepower? i use lore of life to hit them with spells from terrain pieces, and i hope my big units can survive, all using LD9.

as for the lords set up, i wasnt to sure either... i'll flick through and see ifanything takes my fancy, though that combo does look kewl...