PDA

View Full Version : Is Teclis seriously broken?

him_15
03-06-2008, 19:27
Come on, A level-4 Ld 10 Mage who knows who spells for whatever lore he take? And every double is cast with Irresistible force? He even ignore the first miscast every turn...That simply means no miscast unless you are very unlucky..and along with other skill (+D3 Power dice, the sword and scroll)...And it only cost less than 500pts...
Army with little magic defence will be ruined easily by his unstoppable magic...Even though he's only T2, but I am sure a good player can protect him safe enough and continually casting..
what's your guys thought?

Malorian
03-06-2008, 19:41
Played him once and I didn't really mind. Might have also helped that he was the HE players only mage, but it seemed he just couldn't do that much really...

I know the HE special characters are a better deal than their regular counterparts, but still not a game winner by any means.

Fideru
03-06-2008, 19:45
Only time I saw him played he got mauled by four gorgers and Skrag.

e/It looked mighty painful to be him.

Condottiere
03-06-2008, 19:53
He's incredibly vulnerable, especially since the revision, he can no longer cast a spell anywhere on the table.

He's hard, but not broken.:cool:

Dragon Prince of Caledor
03-06-2008, 20:58
I dont think he is that broken at all. Never played with or against him but i think that the points are fair. He can easily be stopped i suppose; he would be fun to play with with the addition of a banner of sorcery and another mage;)

Spirit
03-06-2008, 21:48
Think of it this way.

If he is on his own, he can be shot at.

If he is in a unit he costs 500+the unit just for teclis, because the unit CANT go near combat.

Neknoh
03-06-2008, 22:06
Last edition, he had a crown that gave his spells unlimited range. He could fry every enemy cavalry unit on the table with a single Storm of Cronus.

I say he's way more balanced in his current incarnation

TheMav80
03-06-2008, 22:24
He's a T2 model with no save.

I've assassinated him before with a flying Skink Chief. :p

theunwantedbeing
03-06-2008, 22:30
Teclis in swordsmasters....cant go near combat my ****.
Even in spearmen he's still pretty damned safe while in combat.

He's not quite as brutal as he used to be when a spell goes off, but he certainly got a damn sight better at actually casting a spell.

neXus6
03-06-2008, 22:33
Unwanted if the unit goes anywhere near combat any combat characters in the other army will be sprinting into base to base with him...at worst they will be having to survive a couple of Ws5 S5 attacks, before they pin him to the floor and kick his head in. :p

Okay that needs a little tailoring to do but Swordmasters are far from unbeatable in combat and may not kill every model in the front rank never mind if a character/champion ends up in base with him...would you really be risking your 500pt lord in there?

Kahadras
03-06-2008, 22:41
Not really IMHO. He's not bad but he does cost a fair whack. In a large game things could get nasty as the HE player could take another level 4 mage with Book of Hoeth resulting in a rain of irrisistable spells hitting the table. At the end of the day I'm not very fond of special characters though.

Kahadras

smarr10
03-06-2008, 22:44
Played against Teclis with the Vampires. Thought I would dominate the magic phase with 13 PD but got hammered by Teclis and 16 PD. He was in a unit of spear elves and didn't move all that much. I tried to get to him but the archers and repeater bolt throwers cut down my infantry while his Dragon Princes kept my cavalry busy. His irresistible spells made it a priority to try and get my troop numbers back up so I couldn't afford any offensive spells. (He had dispel scrolls anyway!)
Banner of Sorcery and Battle Banner (+6 to CR) made it Elves - 4 Vampires - 0. Any tips?

Xavier
03-06-2008, 22:59
I played him when he hid in a unit of spear elves... I just sent in a unit of 4 bat swarms, that killed him in one round... then popped... but was worth it :p

WhiteKnight
03-06-2008, 23:00
Teclis is one of the greatest mages in history so of course he could dominate the magic phase with another mage. The problem with him is that he has WS 3, T 3, and 1 attack. In 6th Ed, he was extremely versatile with his Charoi and Sariour potions. The Teclis sword is good but he's hitting on a single 4. As a high elf player, I usually stick him in a phoenix guard unit of 21 set up 7x3 and casting hard-hitting spells that beef up my army and destroy my opponents.

In conclusion, he's still a little toughness 3 elf.

Tarian
03-06-2008, 23:03
He's a T2 elf XD

But, Teclis can be hard if he bunkers up behind a wall of ASF infantry. Fortunately, he's also very expensive, turning a small army even smaller. Mostly, just try to overwhelm the HE with fast units, multiple units, or even better, many fast units.

Oh, and Brettonia is a royal pain for Teclis, since he can only fry so many knights before they crash into him.

Mike KK
03-06-2008, 23:06
well apart from needing more dispel scrolls, teclis is suited better on his own for mages because any other mage won't be getting a spell off, because the opp. got all there DD left after being denied them by teclis

his major advantage is to deny them the points they spent on dispel stuff

Prince Facestab
04-06-2008, 01:55
Teclis is quite nasty when placed in a unit with Caradryan, who does great at taking down combat characters.

Nurgling Chieftain
04-06-2008, 02:08
Army with little magic defence will be ruined easily by his unstoppable magic...

Au contraire. Armies with little magic defense are much better attacked with a much cheaper basic L4 mage. Teclis' advantage is against armies with lots of magic defense: "Oh, you've got scrolls, magic resistance, and lots of dispel dice? Good thing I just rolled Irresistable Force... Again..."

kroq'gar
04-06-2008, 02:26
Hockland longrifles baby... wounding on 2's.

Kerill
04-06-2008, 02:42
Teclis is more powerful than a normal Lv4 mage and is a bargain for his points being a one elf complete magic attack and defence unit. Not easy to get too either, heavens magic and endless comets of casandora/lightning spells from far far away (or in the woods).

Still not gamebreaking like Thorek, but certainly better than any other mage setup for HE.

Aranel
04-06-2008, 03:06
Atm Teclis is in my GT Army. just him and a banner of sorcery give him between 8 and 12 power dice. He sits ain a largest unit of swordmasters between mister Korhil (Cheesy I know), and the swordmaster champion. Any enemy unit needs to wade through 3 str5 Attacks and 3 str6 Attacks + Teclis sword, just to have a go at hurting him. his strength lies in his versality. Whatever army he faces, i know I can take one of nine different laws to deal with it and generally cast game winning spells with IF. Consistantly casting Spirirt of the Forge in a game against bretonnians with little hope of them even getting a chance to dispel it is more than a little harsh. To be honest I'd say he is pretty broken and i don't play with him in friendlies. I only bring him to the table in more competitative fields.

Conotor
04-06-2008, 11:36
Never played him. Id just charge him with my JSOD, using a hand wepon and enchanted shild to get a 0+ save, and 4 S5 attacks.

EvC
04-06-2008, 11:54
Unwanted if the unit goes anywhere near combat any combat characters in the other army will be sprinting into base to base with him...at worst they will be having to survive a couple of Ws5 S5 attacks, before they pin him to the floor and kick his head in. :p

Okay that needs a little tailoring to do but Swordmasters are far from unbeatable in combat and may not kill every model in the front rank never mind if a character/champion ends up in base with him...would you really be risking your 500pt lord in there?

Nah, you're a bit off-base. Remember, High Elves Always Strike First. So the enemy unit with a strong hero waltzes over in his unit, lined up to be in base contact with Teclis if they charged, and with a Champion ready to take the challenge... yep, it's all looking pretty good... here comes the High Elf turn... and Teclis simply moves over to the other side of the unit. Now what? Does the hero and his unit charge in anyway? He can't get into contact with Teclis now. He could charge out by himself, but the Swordmaster Champion will take the challenge anyway, and then the heo will likely break.

Teclis is very safe. Unless you really outplay your opponent, which is good, because that's how the game should be :)

Teclis isn't massively broken, his spells can only have a massive impact on the game in certain circumstances, e.g. if a Slann is in sight. However, he's significantly underpriced, to the point where you'd be a fool to take an Archmage with Book of Hoeth rather than Teclis. Which is a little sad...

neXus6
04-06-2008, 12:23
Oh I wouldn't be challenging at any point I'd be just directing models at a character in base...and if they tried to counter challenge my champ would accept. I agree it's far from the easiest way to kill him...the easiest way being just tearing the entire unit to pieces and running him down. :D

If I was a pointy ears player I wouldn't take an Archmage with a book, I'd take an Archmage with other gear, more survivable, less of a points sink if he does die...though yes he fills a different roll than cripple boy. :p

Spirit
04-06-2008, 13:08
The scary rules start at 3k, when you have teclis AND an archmage with the book of hoeth. Very little is going to get near your army with that setup.

EvC
04-06-2008, 13:40
Oh I wouldn't be challenging at any point I'd be just directing models at a character in base...and if they tried to counter challenge my champ would accept. I agree it's far from the easiest way to kill him...the easiest way being just tearing the entire unit to pieces and running him down. :D

Buh? Your rank and file troopers are all dead from the Swordmasters at this point. Even Teclis gets one powerful attack, as well. That wouldn't work at all. Your opponents will thank you for the shoddy attempt.

StormCrow
04-06-2008, 13:49
Yes Teclis IS seriously broken...when you maul him with any half decent fighting unit.

Buckero0
04-06-2008, 13:49
A broken "named" character in an army book put out by GW? Are you Serious?:?

That's serious sarcasm.

Buckero0
04-06-2008, 13:50
Never played him. Id just charge him with my JSOD, using a hand wepon and enchanted shild to get a 0+ save, and 4 S5 attacks.

you don't get the HW&S bonus with magic items.

logan054
04-06-2008, 13:51

If I was a pointy ears player I wouldn't take an Archmage with a book, I'd take an Archmage with other gear, more survivable, less of a points sink if he does die...though yes he fills a different roll than cripple boy. :p

would these be your T6 1+ save troops then?

Edit
04-06-2008, 13:59
when at the beginning of the game hes in a unit of 30 spear elves, and his first turn runs 3" into the woods and starts casting no LOS spell, yes he is.

Prophet of Quetzl
04-06-2008, 16:45
you don't get the HW&S bonus with magic items.

IIRC, you don't get HW&S bonus with magic weapon and regular shield but you do get it with regular HW and magic shield.

Jerrus
04-06-2008, 16:57
A fast moving Character with a decent save (or ASF and decent I) could charge him while not getting into b2b contact with the SM Champion (so he can't declare challenge) and give him a stern talking to :)

logan054
04-06-2008, 17:14
Not if he was between a hero and a champion like said before ;)

Condottiere
04-06-2008, 17:17
A fast moving Character with a decent save (or ASF and decent I) could charge him while not getting into b2b contact with the SM Champion (so he can't declare challenge) and give him a stern talking to :)

I thought you could challenge anyone as long as the two opposing regiments are in combat?:eyebrows:

Jerrus
04-06-2008, 21:34
No, you have to be in b2b to issue a challenge.

If he's wedged between a hero and a champion it will be difficult, but not impossible. One could get 2 characters in b2b with him (one accepts challenge, other smacks Teclis)

logan054
04-06-2008, 21:38
of course what would happen is the unit champion issues a challenge to one, the hero smacks the other one (as well as a sword master and techlis), of course if you have two characters in a unit then that unit is going to get bombarded by magic and shooting, if they are not in unit again, good luck with that ;)

Drongol
04-06-2008, 21:51
No, you have to be in b2b to issue a challenge.

Uh, page reference, please?

Drongol

EndlessBug
05-06-2008, 00:57
you have to be in combat to issue a challenge in a combat, it doesn't matter where in the combat you are though.

IIRC, you don't get HW&S bonus with magic weapon and regular shield but you do get it with regular HW and magic shield.

pretty sure you don't get the bonus for hw & shield when using magical armour/weapons.

Other than that, yes he is rediculously powerful, but not impos to kill, the BIG isse being the ASF swordmaster unit he's gonna be in. So shoot the hell outta that unit and either force him out of it or combat it with another unit with better combat res.

Obviously empire are sorted against him with their rifles hitting on 5's wounding on 2's, meaning only 9 shots to kill him! And even then you're lucky... and even luckier that those bad boys haven't been fried by Teclis yet.

TheMav80
05-06-2008, 01:06
He is also really easy to get rid of with OK. Swordmasters, say hello to impact hits. The ones that do survive probably won't kill off enough Ogres to keep one or even two from taking some swings at Teclis.

sulla
05-06-2008, 01:17

Teclis will deploy on the corner of a unit with the unit champ next to him. Any single character charging him will have to maximise opponents so will always be in base to base with both, meaning the champ can force him into a challenge... meaning he will almost certainly break from combat res (after cutting down the champ).

With a lizard army, it's probably gonna be easier to kill teclis's expensive poorly armoured unit with skinks and magic than get to him in combat unless he's played quite poorly.

Condottiere
05-06-2008, 04:51
Normally, you can see them coming. I tend to switch my mages to units not in the direct line of fire, in such situations.

Players should seriously start issuing Teclis with change of abode forms.;)

Jerrus
05-06-2008, 06:17
Uh, page reference, please?

Drongol

The player may choose any one character from those in base contact with the enemy to issue a challenge with.

Teclis will deploy on the corner of a unit with the unit champ next to him. Any single character charging him will have to maximise opponents so will always be in base to base with both, meaning the champ can force him into a challenge... meaning he will almost certainly break from combat res (after cutting down the champ).

If one has the character in a unit with a Champion, and the character only charges alone if Teclis "switches sides" (as proposed by EvC). And even if he breaks, he'll probably outrun the SM (if they choose to pursue), giving him another chance to charge Teclis.

of course what would happen is the unit champion issues a challenge to one, the hero smacks the other one (as well as a sword master and techlis)

If "the other one" isn't easily "smacked", he still gets a shot at killing Teclis (and probably crippling the HE in doing so)

logan054
05-06-2008, 06:23
if he survives the ASF attacks ;) hence the problem unless of course both these magic heroes has asf first, not saying he cant be killed just your method is certainly far more flawed than you care to admit, i found him pretty easy to kill with Bloodthirster :) then again the other guy didnt think it was a good idea to hide him in a unit when you have a large flying creature knocking about.

Jerrus
05-06-2008, 06:36
There are atleast 3 items in the game that force the opponent to "Strike last", HE aren't the only ones with ASF, several armies can field a character with 0+ AS, some armies can field large monsters (which alone can't be challenged), there are lots of ways to get Teclis (or any other character hiding in units).

Condottiere
05-06-2008, 06:47
There are atleast 3 items in the game that force the opponent to "Strike last", HE aren't the only ones with ASF, several armies can field a character with 0+ AS, some armies can field large monsters (which alone can't be challenged), there are lots of ways to get Teclis (or any other character hiding in units).

Which explains why HE players are considering using Caradryan as Teclis's bodyguard.:cheese:

Rubicon
05-06-2008, 07:03
You're taking Teclis?

I'm taking Shadowblade.

Now we'll talk about broken...

kroq'gar
05-06-2008, 07:48
If a character runs alone at a unit.... then the unit champion issues a challenge. Unless the character is something REALLY special, the 3 ranks, standard & outnumber will send him packing (not to mention a potention countercharge& challenge in the HE turn).

Rubicon
05-06-2008, 08:02
Yesterday, Shadowblade appeared in a unit of stormvermin, and whilst he lost two or three consecutive combats, the 7 attacks mean that he was never losing by more than 1 or 2 and his LD 10 means that he stayed in that combat long enough to cause some serious hurt on that stormvermin unit.

Shadowblade appears in a Helf Spearblock next to Teclis...Helf player issues a challenge that in all likelyhood Shadowblade wins. If he passes the leadership test, then next turn he can attack Teclis, unless you've put another hero in the unit, in which case he is dead as well, and your absurdly expensive unit has been tied up in combat for god knows how long by a single model. Teclis is locked in combat regardless of whether or not he actually fights, reducing his abilities, and while this is going on, the rest of my army is marching towards you, ready to support shadowblade

Shadowblade is the antidote to teclis.

Condottiere
05-06-2008, 08:11
Shadowblade is an annoyance to a lot of characters and units. If he's being demoted to Hero, I hope his abilities get cut down substantially as well.:skull:

_Lucian_
05-06-2008, 09:53
Surely teclis + Caradryan + swordmasters (10-15 strong) is going to way in at around 1k? Whys everyone worrying about charging a single unit into the sm's are surviving? 1k can buy you a sht load of anything, particularly knights, cannons, monsters, RBT's all more than qualified to fill the role. I would never say he is broken, infact i doubt his unit could make back 1,000pts of points in a standard 2-2250 game with carefull mitigation. I would also be interested to see how he fared against OK's. Even a unit of 4 bulls could kill him with some half decent/ unlucky rolling.

EvC
05-06-2008, 12:46
If one has the character in a unit with a Champion, and the character only charges alone if Teclis "switches sides" (as proposed by EvC).

Good grief, when will I learn not to assume that people reading my posts have even the smallest amount of common sense? Obviously if Teclis is switching corners, then the unit Champion will also move in the unit to continue protecting him.

Easiest way to kill Teclis: send in a chariot. You can always align so that it's in contact with Teclis, and the impact hits will kill all the troops in contact with the Chariot stopping them from striking first. The champion may still get to attack, but will not be able to kill the chariot. This leaves you with 4 or more attacks hitting on 3+ and wounding on 2/3+. It's even worth risking it if you have to charge into a forest.

But basically, at the end of the day it comes down to the player using him. If you're facing some 12 year-old who just takes Teclis because he's uber-powerful then yeah you'll probably squash him like a bug by turn 3 and make the kid cry. If you're playing big boys with any amount of experience and intelligence, it's not going to be easy.

logan054
05-06-2008, 13:25

yes their are a few armies that can do that, well done, have a cookie, i guess that means we should discuss tactics based on what some armies can do hey!

But basically, at the end of the day it comes down to the player using him. If you're facing some 12 year-old who just takes Teclis because he's uber-powerful then yeah you'll probably squash him like a bug by turn 3 and make the kid cry. If you're playing big boys with any amount of experience and intelligence, it's not going to be easy.

I think the problem here is that far to many people think that tactical master minds or face people who play like 12 old kids (i played some guy who acted like that recently, i was disturbed to find out he had children :wtf: )

Just remember, when you play warhammer, the other guy does exactly what you like, he will allow you to charge a 800pts unit into techlis, he just ignore it hoping you wont attack him, just as he will allow you flank charge all of his units with chariots :)

W0lf
05-06-2008, 14:00
Obviously if Teclis is switching corners, then the unit Champion will also move in the unit to continue protecting him.

erm...

'although the above rule allows a character to move within a unit in order to fight an enemy, he cannot move once he is already fighting.'

PG 74 Moving characters in engaged units.

You cant move an engaged character. This not only stops alot of 'solutions' to killing teclis it also makes the HE players job easier. Dont forget you cant move a character on the turn you charge and once you reach combat with the He unit you cant move the character. Thsi means for a lord/hero in a unit to get into B2B with teclis he had to be positioned so when he charged. ASF + teclis means you can afford to move teclis the turn before your opponent charges (as you wont be doing the charging.)

vinny t
05-06-2008, 17:19
Now, just a small queston. If a Tomb king hits Teclis' unit by hmself, accepts the challenge by the champion, then in the magc phase kills said champion, then in the combat phase would he be a ble to kill teclis?

Prophet of Quetzl
05-06-2008, 18:57
Now, just a small queston. If a Tomb king hits Teclis' unit by hmself, accepts the challenge by the champion, then in the magc phase kills said champion, then in the combat phase would he be a ble to kill teclis?

Challenges are made in the close combat phase; the magic phase is already over (and the champion is already dead) before challenges are made so your scenario can't happen.

and I know this is all a bit OT but:

pretty sure you don't get the bonus for hw & shield when using magical armour/weapons.

current official FAQ

Q: Does a character benefit from the "Fighting with hand weapon and shield (infantry)" rule found on page 56, if armed with a mundane hand weapon and a magical shield?

A: Yes. However it will not if armed with a magical weapon and a mundane or magical shield, because the magical weapon looses the normal rules of hand weapons.

Milamber
06-06-2008, 02:14
Exactly. Easy for TK: charge in, cast smiting in the magic phase allowing attacks all 'round and smack the crap out of that silly little elf.

Drongol
06-06-2008, 04:03
Exactly. Easy for TK: charge in, cast smiting in the magic phase allowing attacks all 'round and smack the crap out of that silly little elf.

Or be denied by 25 points of Dispell Scroll.

Seriously, coming up with ideas to deal with something is good. If those ideas require your opponent to be an idiot to work, however...

Drongol

Prince Facestab
06-06-2008, 04:41
Or be denied by 25 points of Dispell Scroll.

Seriously, coming up with ideas to deal with something is good. If those ideas require your opponent to be an idiot to work, however...

Drongol

Heh, actually just 20 points of dispel scroll. HE discount.

On the other hand, TK have a robust enough magic phase that you probably have a good chance of having drawn out your opponents dispel scrolls/dice, and will be able to get it off. If you haven't/don't, it's not because your opponent wasn't an idiot, but because they outsmarted you.

Condottiere
06-06-2008, 07:21
I think Teclis is over-rated.

If you are a HE player, and insist on using him, but are afraid of the enemy charging the unit he's in, why not just build in a series of speed bumps in your battle plan?

You know that they are targeting him, prepare units to march block, have RBTs positioned to shoot at those regiments, have Reavers bait and flee, place White Lions between Teclis and the enemy, have Dragon Princes intercept them.

:rolleyes:

snyggejygge
06-06-2008, 07:44
Broken? No, but he is indeed too good for his pointsvalue, he should cost atleast 100 pts more, right now, if you allow SC then taking him over any other mage is a no-brainer.

W0lf
06-06-2008, 09:00
If you are a HE player, and insist on using him, but are afraid of the enemy charging the unit he's in, why not just build in a series of speed bumps in your battle plan?

You know that they are targeting him, prepare units to march block, have RBTs positioned to shoot at those regiments, have Reavers bait and flee, place White Lions between Teclis and the enemy, have Dragon Princes intercept them.

Because building a battle-plan around teclis wont result in you winning. What people dont realise is its very rare teclis will win a game for you on his own.

The only case i can think of is PoS on a slaan.

Grey Seer Skretch
06-06-2008, 13:51
He's certainly scary, but he's also exceedingly flimsy. All the magical powers in the world wont save him from a volley of killing blow longbows...

Xzazzarai
06-06-2008, 19:03
You don't need KB to kill Teclis... 3-4 hits from a regular str 3 bow will take him down.

Fallen401
06-06-2008, 21:25
I just think it's amazing that one of, if not the most powerful living mage in the world, doesn't tinker around the armoury or enchanted items store room to give himself a ward save. I mean he couldn't even wear a little 6+ ward save pendant around his neck? :rolleyes:

W0lf
06-06-2008, 22:29
BUt the T2 no save makes him balanced.

If he was T3 with a 3+ ward (a save fit for a top HE God-mage) then hed be around 700 pts.

Disciple of Nagash
06-06-2008, 22:44
Wight King with Sword of Kings and Nightshroud in Grave Guard unit with a champion to take his champions attacks should do it nicely. Anyone wantiing to attack the Wight king has to wait until he has a go first and that KB works on a 5+...........if I'm really lucky I'll get Vanhel's off as well, if he fails, well teclis is going to be dodging at least two KB everyround there after..............

Oh and if I want to add some extra insurance add in Banner of the Barrows and helm and the GG are going to be hitting on 2's but thats just cheesy........

W0lf
06-06-2008, 23:00
you dont need KB to kill him...

Hes T2 with NO SAVE.

plain simple S4 will make a mess.

Disciple of Nagash
06-06-2008, 23:10
I know but I always like to go that extra step, plus the the enhanced killing blow is useful against other elements in the army, this build can be used effectively against most things if used right, I wouldn't want a whole army just geared towards killing teclis, still its good to know that if the KB fails he will still most likely die anyway!

Defender of Ulthuan
06-06-2008, 23:40
Teclis + Lore of beasts

Bears Anger: 5S, 3T, 4A with ASF
Stops enemy cav at a whim.

Or just take lore of metal and watch your opponent cry while his tinnies get canned.

Who's the Best mage there is? Kroak
Second Best? Teclis

I wouldn't say broken just yet, but I still hate using special characters. I won't whine about it, but it's like trying to re-write Warhammer History. Leave it to Gav Thorpe, please.

Defender

Disciple of Nagash
06-06-2008, 23:54
Pffft Nagash would crush Teclis.........but I suppose this isn't the place to get into that debate.......

W0lf
07-06-2008, 11:05
If teclis took lore of beasts id be pretty damn happy.

Casting Unseen lurker followed by Pit of shades, both irresistably is far harsher then making himself T3.

kroq'gar
11-06-2008, 02:44
T2 vs Hockland Longrifle..... Wall of Fire.... theres many more out there.

A lucky shot from a water pistol could take him out. Its getting at him thats hard.

WhiteKnight
11-06-2008, 03:00
The easiest way to kill teclis is get a warp lightning cannon and blast the hell out of the units and hit him. He'll probably be in a unit of phoenix guard with 25 models and have them absorb a crap load of attacks so you want a warp lightning cannon or sniper to get him to run. And cannons and stone throwers work just as well.

OldMaster
11-06-2008, 19:34
Hockland longrifles baby... wounding on 2's.

Best solution. Lead poison :)

Played against him once... before the Deamons... I managed to send in a Bloodthirster in his unit of Swordmasters :P I remembered I hit and wounded with 7 of the 8 attacks, saved all those S 5 attacks and ran them down ^^
Not a bit point advantage for a Thirster, but hey, it was a pretty long path on the way there, surely he repayed himself xD