PDA

View Full Version : first 500 point tree WE list

the johnanator
04-06-2008, 05:41
Hey guys, Tomorrow at my club we are having a 500 point compition and i am using my new WE army, its a tree only list. Please tell me your thoughts.

I will be playing against HE, VC, OK, chaos mortals and deamons, O&G
and Skaven.

Branchwraith
lvl 1 upgrade
cluster of radiants

12 Dryads
Branch Nymph

12 Dryads
Branch Nymph

Great eagle

My plan was to use the eagle to take out war machines I may face and to march block so I can get my Dryad units into a good position. The branchwraith will be used for magic defence and the cluster of radiants will add another dispel dice bolster that.

Please give me your thoughts and advice.

Cheers Johnanator.

Black Antelope
04-06-2008, 11:04
Branchwraith
lvl 1 upgrade
cluster of radiants
Hmm, I would be inclined to give it either an attacking sprite - 4DD in 500p is too many IMO. If you dropped 2 Dryads, or the GE and added 2 Dryads, how about Blight of Terror. Terror causing unit in 500 vs low Ld army like gobbos, skaven is sick

12 Dryads
Branch Nymph

12 Dryads
Branch Nymph

Great eagle
Dont think you can take rare in 500p

My plan was to use the eagle to take out war machines I may face and to march block so I can get my Dryad units into a good position. The branchwraith will be used for magic defence and the cluster of radiants will add another dispel dice bolster that.

Yep. I dont think you can have the Great Eagle. If your club will let you, take it. If not, go for Terror or a second ranged sprite. Or more Dryads - Have the unit of 12 for the Branchwraith, and then 2 units of 8, one with, one w/o Branch Nymph.

RavenBloodwind
04-06-2008, 15:18
Just a quick thought or 2:

For a 'tree only' army an eagle seems a tad-bit fleshy don't you think? For tactical utility it's fine.

As to the 'can you take a rare', not sure where the hades that comes from unless he's thinking about the tiny-game rules (border patrol or whatever it's called these days). You can most assuredly have your usual limits of specials and rares although you'd be hard pressed to find the points for them.

I think that you'd be much better served with 3 units of 8 dryads for flexibility. The eagle is fine if you want him.

For the branchwraith I'd agree with the idea that 4 DD may be plenty and then some. If you kept the cluster but dropped it to a non-caster you'd free up some points you could invest in a few more dryads.

I don't think you can realistically afford a unit of treekin at 500 points without gutting your other units but if you can squeeze them in (195pts I think) they'd do VERY well against your proposed opponents.