PDA

View Full Version : FW Army Lists in 5th

Binky
04-06-2008, 08:39
Wasn't sure if this should go in General or 5th ed. discussion, but figured it was more of a general thing.

Basically, I'm wondering what will happen to ForgeWorld's various army lists in 5th edition and to an even greater degree, with the release of the new Imperial Guard Codex in the not TOO distant future, which sounds like it's going to make quite a few changes to the Guard organisation and add some new units and rules.

Between these changes it seems likely that FW's lists are going to end up being considerably different to the regular Guard list and probably fairly underpowered (even more so than currently). Also the changes to the Guard Codex (no more doctrines) may make it harder to represent the FW armies using the regular Codex, depending on exactly how well the unit upgrades that are meant to be replacing them are handled, plus, by using the regular Codex you lose access to some of the more interesting units in FW lists (Death Rider HQ, QuarterMaster etc.)

So has anyone heard any rumours from FW about this (though probably a bit early at the moment)? And what could be done about it?

One thought I've had is that FW could maybe release a book of updated lists, containing a bit of fluff on each of the armies they've released so far and new updated lists, incorporating rules changes to bring them up to date, any appropriates updates from the faqs and maybe a couple of new units etc. Guess it would end up a similar sort of size to IA:Apocalypse, so not hugely expensive for people who have already bought the original IA books.

Thoughts anyone?

LokkoRex
04-06-2008, 10:31
really good idea you've got there, :cool:;)

Baneboss
04-06-2008, 11:31
I dont know about about IA 6 and what kind of rules for IG it will have but most likely since new IG codex every IA list will pretty much become useless.

Angelus Mortis
04-06-2008, 13:36
I am curious as well, seeing as I have recently purchase 5200 pts of Death Korps from FW. (Yes, I said 5200 pts.).

Latro_
04-06-2008, 15:45
I am curious as well, seeing as I have recently purchase 5200 pts of Death Korps from FW. (Yes, I said 5200 pts.).

hehe dont breath in too much of that resin man,

Sounds like a great idea, however faq's and updates have never really been GW's strong point.