PDA

View Full Version : larger bases

The Brusier
04-06-2008, 10:16
Just a quick question, if you have a model usually mounted on a 25mm base, can you mount it on a 50 mm base.
Just because I've got an idea for a orc warboss on a throne carried by snotlings, inspired by Epidermis, The Tallyman of Nurgle. I don't want to make it and find that it's illegal for tourneys ect.

malkkis
04-06-2008, 10:19
Just a quick answer, no. Sorry, that's quite an idea.

LemonPotato
04-06-2008, 10:23
You cannot have an Orc Warboss on this sized base but make the model anyway, you can still use it as a 'rank filler'. By this i mean just put him in the middle of the unit and count him as 4 normal orcs, this way you can make a nice conversion and have it legal in game play.

LemonPotato

Braad
04-06-2008, 11:45
Or put him on a 25mm base, and then put him on a shield carried by snotlings, instead of a throne... Otherwise I think it will be quite difficult making something like this in a legal form.

The Red Scourge
04-06-2008, 11:59
Or just do it and make up some houserules for friendly game. Your very own special character ;)

theunwantedbeing
04-06-2008, 12:59
So long as you aren't gaining any bonus for having the larger base...I don't see why you can't do that. So long as your opponent is okay with it.

You arent supposed to but if you and your opponent are okay with it, then give it a go.

Bloodknight
04-06-2008, 13:14
You could do him as a unit filler, counting as warboss, one orc next to him, and two behind him. I guess most people would not object to that. I would, however, mark the middle of the base somehow to show where the 25mm mark of the real warboss's base is.

Braad
04-06-2008, 20:03
So long as you aren't gaining any bonus for having the larger base...I don't see why you can't do that. So long as your opponent is okay with it.

You arent supposed to but if you and your opponent are okay with it, then give it a go.

Yeah, but he's talking tourney's here. So no houserules and permissions here.