PDA

View Full Version : Web exclusive Space Marine with 5th ed. - US only?

GalenArtorius
04-06-2008, 11:43
I have already pre-ordered my 5th edition rulebook and gubbins through the UK online store. Afterwards, I notice that through the new global portal (which is a mess) online advance orders for 5th edition totalling over $/£(which?)100 will be sent an exclusive Space Marine.

My question is - is this for the US only? Or, if I had made my order through the global portal, would I receive this free miniature? Am I losing out by using the UK website?

I can't work it out myself, as the new global portal seems to use dollar and pound signs at a whim and is a nightmare to navigate. If anybody can help with this, advice would be great.

Ilmarinen
04-06-2008, 12:07
I asked mail order UK about this last week and they said that the US is doing the trial work for the new website, which will soon be rolled out worldwide. When the new style website goes live in the UK then this mini will be available. Can anyone else confirm this?

Animatronica
04-06-2008, 12:20
I have been told this also by a GW manager fresh from a meeting.

paspinall
04-06-2008, 15:53
Which is great when really the only orders I make are pre-orders... ie the book which is already on pre-order, oh well.

tuebor
04-06-2008, 16:06
I ordered over $100 of Mordians the other day and they threw that SM in so it's not a "with 5th Ed" thing. I wish it weren't an SM but I did get a more than fair price for it from a friend.

decker_cky
05-06-2008, 00:14
I got the same response from GW Canada. They said the new site would probably roll out in the fall.

ctsteel
05-06-2008, 04:36
I pre-ordered the 5th ed gamers edition from the US site ($99 US vs $200 Aus - big saving for me even with shipping) plus a small bit to go over $100, and got the model included.

However be warned - the model is only available for your first order (ie one per customer). I had a problem with my order (wanted to add an extra item in that I forgot and couldn't) so I cancelled it and started a new one. The model refused to be added as the system still counted my now-cancelled order as excluding me.

I sorted it out by emailing GW customer service and they fixed it up for me, but thought it worth mentioning if people believe they should get it and it won't add...

GalenArtorius
05-06-2008, 16:55
Thanks for the replies everyone.

So I guess this is an offer that goes with the new web-stores as they open around the world, rather than with 5th edition. The US site must be pushing the chance to get the mini with advance orders of 5th edition as their site is already open.

I'll keep an eye out for any further developments - if any one else hears anything, please let us know. I just don't want to miss FREE minis!