PDA

View Full Version : To go hairy or not...

roon
04-06-2008, 12:36
Hello all,

I have a question: do you guys it's worth investing into creating a 13th Company? I play standard Space Wolves myself, and am very tempted to create a 13th Company, but with the 5th Edition on the horizon, and rumours of a new Space Wolves codex probably early next year, I wonder if it is wise to invest time and models into that plan.

What do you guys think?

Thanks.

Kurisu313
04-06-2008, 13:18
Wait for the new SW codex, a few months isn't too much, and it'd be hell if your army was invalidated by it.

Malachai
04-06-2008, 13:28
Kurisu is right, wait and see what happens.
I think the 13th company will be gone in a couple of months.
Maybe you'll find Wulfen in the new space wolves codex so you could make a fluffy 13th company themed army. But i'm not sure about that.In the mean time i'm trying to work out my 13th company playing with the current chaosmarines codex

mr gribbly
04-06-2008, 14:32
Yeah, I'd also recomend waiting, my 13th are just about to retire before 5th ed hits becaus an entire CC army that has scouts will just be way to over powered.

They may see the light of day when the new SW dex is released but thats a big maybe.

Buckero0
04-06-2008, 14:53
I would get the models since they are getting harder and harder to find, but wait to make my "final" list til the new dex comes out if its really that soon.

Doomseer
04-06-2008, 15:09
I would agree with the last post, wait for the SW codex, but if you like the current models it might be a good idea to get them now as GW are likely to make them disappear!

Earthbeard
04-06-2008, 18:28
I'd wait and see as well. But a few extra purchases to boost out the SW guys if no 13th company happens, never hurts either :D

Cherubael
04-06-2008, 18:45
I'd say buy them while you can. If they get dropped the models will only become harder and more expensive to get, so better get them while they are readily available.

And in the end if the list is dropped, you can still just use your army as a standard space puppies force, albeit with a cooler than average theme.

Templar Ben
04-06-2008, 19:11
I'd say buy them while you can. If they get dropped the models will only become harder and more expensive to get, so better get them while they are readily available.

And in the end if the list is dropped, you can still just use your army as a standard space puppies force, albeit with a cooler than average theme.

I agree with this. You will also be able to run them in Apoc.

Xandros
04-06-2008, 23:06
I agree with this. You will also be able to run them in Apoc.

Don't you mean in any friendly game?

I'm betting if the 13th make an appearance in the next codex it will be as a single unit in the army list akin to how the Chaos cult troops were done. Maybe as troops, maybe elites with an option to take as troops.

That's if they show up.

OhSoLame
04-06-2008, 23:31
I'm betting if the 13th make an appearance in the next codex it will be as a single unit in the army list akin to how the Chaos cult troops were done. Maybe as troops, maybe elites with an option to take as troops.

That's if they show up.

I agree with Xandros here, so I wouldn't get them just yet.

Also, even though they are one of the newer sculpts, I think that the Wulfen are sub-par. Hopefully if they do appear in the codex, GW will release a new set of them in plastic.